Gotvapes ALPHA™ - A Bold Frontier...DETAILS update, PLEASE READ, Important Info

Status
Not open for further replies.

badkolo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2009
Whitestone , New York USA
I noticed long ago when we were introducing products that where out in the forefront, the frontier so to speak, we where beaten over the head with a stick
001_smile.gif

It seems now that some other vendors are taking this cue and being cut throat about it. BUT they are not given the hassle and they are forgiven and not ripped to shreds, so we will counter this and in a special program, in the next week will make a major announcement. It will be exciting for sure, stay tuned!

IT'S ON!!! Yes those are GIANT footsteps you hear!!

Read on here for more details, its about ready to roll out ---> http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...e-please-read-important-info.html#post6187563

==============================================

OK--here on out send a PM to keelalagirl or adrena...put ALPHA in the subject line and just simply state you would like to the in the ALPHA program. They have been briefed on what we are looking for, etc.

Send your requests to keelalagirl on Thursday-Sunday

===============================================

Last edited by a moderator:

badkolo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2009
Whitestone , New York USA
we dont want to get you fired. lol, just keep watching becuase we already have been working on some major changes, one goes into affect at the end of june/begining of july, there are major policy chnages coming and for the better which many will go crazy for.

many new products are coming and there are a few exclsuives coming only to gotvapes as well as other products which we helped improve will also be dropping.

just recently we have been seeing a rash of weird business practices and it hurts everyone, so stay tuned, becuase what we do with alpha wont be touchable. Since playing fair is beyond the scope of some people then we must do what must be done.

JUST WATCH CAUSE ITS GONNA BE HUGE.

zer0ith

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2011
Burlington, Ontario
Sounds interesting. Looking forward to see what you have in store for us, even though in sure there will be some people who will not be as receptive to great things.

Personally I think some people just over react to somethings, especially when
It's not necessary.

I work for a ISP. People call in screaming (and I do mean screaming) because something is not working. No one wants to deal with a screaming 45 year old child. Plus you ask them to do one little thing and they just blow up some more.
It doesn't help anyone and is childish IMO.
Oh the flip side someone being nice, following basic instructions with me will get just that little bit of extra attention from me.

I think some people never listened to their mother when she said don't cry over spilt e-juice :D

And end rant :lol:

trevor148

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2011
Thomasville, GA
Wish my isp had decent service last time my modem stoped working I had to explain to the guy I've got the worlds only modem without a reset button and if you unplug it the test light stays on for an hour and the pc wont even recognize it to fix through windows troubleshooting.

I've brought it in twice for replacement and they told me they would send a guy out to my house. Both times waited all day and no call and no one showed up.

Now anytime my modem goes out I just go read a book till the stupid orange light goes out.

Briar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2009
A fool on the hill in Deposit, NY
Och, I feel your pain. My cable modem went out on me yesterday. Will be sitting here all afternoon waiting for a repair-person to come and replace it, most likely.

Right now my 'puter is picking up my Dad's wireless router (thank God for open network) - but intermittently, *very* intermittently. As in, I have to wait five minutes to reload every page. I'm going through withdrawals, dammit! :D

I mean - what if Bad drops something this morning, and I miss it because it will fly out the door by noon? :shock:

Wish my isp had decent service last time my modem stoped working I had to explain to the guy I've got the worlds only modem without a reset button and if you unplug it the test light stays on for an hour and the pc wont even recognize it to fix through windows troubleshooting.

I've brought it in twice for replacement and they told me they would send a guy out to my house. Both times waited all day and no call and no one showed up.

Now anytime my modem goes out I just go read a book till the stupid orange light goes out.

antfuzz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2010
Delaware
Briar,

Try this with your cable modem. Unplug everything, including your cable wire connection, that's the important part. Most of the time the cable company will not tell you to unplug that part. And then reconnect your cable wire and everything else and see if it resets. This happens in my area somewhat often and is usually works. I keep hoping that same procedure would work when the refrigerator stops working, but sadly it doesn't. :)

Briar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2009
A fool on the hill in Deposit, NY
Thanks, Antfuzz, I tried it yesterday before I called the cable company - didn't work unfortunately. I think the modem has genuinely gone south... :(

Briar,

Try this with your cable modem. Unplug everything, including your cable wire connection, that's the important part. Most of the time the cable company will not tell you to unplug that part. And then reconnect your cable wire and everything else and see if it resets. This happens in my area somewhat often and is usually works. I keep hoping that same procedure would work when the refrigerator stops working, but sadly it doesn't. :)

dannoman

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2010
Sugar Land, Texas USA
The GotVapes ALPHA™ program is just about ready to roll-out with our first products with many, many more to be added. Please read below for program details:

What is the GotVapes ALPHA™ Program
In short we, and particularly Chris, are spending many hours scouring manufacturers, upstart and established, for the latest advancements in e-cigarette technology, both in cartomizer and battery products.

We have had our eyes on many products and have only pulled the trigger on the most promising and those where we have had time to thoroughly work with the manufacturer and do as much testing as we possibly could. The process is laborious, time-consuming and can be very costly.

With GotVapes ALPHA™ we are introducing a special purchase category to include products that we have done a small amount of preliminary testing, coupled with extensive contact with the manufacturer and we feel they have potential, but we do not want to introduce them into the wild. These products are not in the throw-it-at-the-wall-and-see-if-it-sticks variety. They will have some limited testing in-house and if they are simply not up to par for the ALPHA program we will simply not put them up for ALPHA program users, we'll eat the cost.

We will make these products available in a very limited quantity and at prices that try to recover some of our cost (read: they will be super cheap for those in the ALPHA program).

How Do I Get Into the ALPHA Program
You don't have to jump through hoops but this is on an invitation only basis OR you can PM the designated ECF users who I will update here soon. Criteria basically is we want someone who isn't necessarily a new vaper. We would like to see:

• 250 posts (we can be flexible on this)
  • Someone who posts in our forum and it would carry weight if they are a previous GotVapes customer with at least 2-3 purchases (you must have at LEAST one order so that you do have a GV account we can update)
  • General solid vaping experience
  • Can agree that all products they might buy in the ALPHA program do NOT go through our regular ticket system and has no warranty whatsoever. We are providing these at a very low cost. We will have a sticky ALPHA thread to discuss the products.

We WANT as many as we can justify in this program. It is not limited as to number of participants, the more the merrier.

How the ALPHA Program Will Work
We have a special category, aptly named, at the bottom of the Products section in the left-hand column of our website (you can see it there now, but with no products yet). As products are added ONLY those who have been added to the program can purchase these products. Others will see a message.

Those in our forum who will help us manage this program will help us pre-screen members and forward anyone they think might be on the fence to Chris and I, to ask for a final stamp. MANY of you I know right now, I want to add directly, but let's keep this organized. When its ready to begin adding people to the roles I will give you the names of the ECF members who volunteered to help Chris and I and you can PM them with a simple, "I'd like to be enrolled in ALPHA". Doesn't have to be a letter :). If for whatever reason you aren't approved don't worry, keep active and be active in the ALPHA sticky and we can add at a future date. Basically we want experienced vapers (and you don't have to be a two-year vet or anything like that, just not a completely new vaper) who understand the spirit of this and would be willing to discuss and compare notes in that special sticky thread.

By the way you have to have an account established with GotVapes.com so we can add you of course. When you PM for inclusion give your email address so you can be referenced and your customer record amended to reflect you are in ALPHA program

Periodically I will add info to this post so check back here and there for more official news. You can reach this post easily by going to the OPs post that started the thread and then click the link.

Last edited:

CoyoteRed

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 5, 2010
Prospect Park, Pa.
Now that sounds like a really good way to weed out the potential winners and losers in the product line.
I for one support the idea,and gives me the impression that the products offered to the general public will be well tested and possibly refined before purchase.
I definitely would love to be include in this ,but I'll go thru the steps everyone else has to ,to see if I get in.
Good Idea !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread