Contest: Vote for the official 2012 Vapor Station brand ECF Signature Banner!

Contest: Vote for the official 2012 Vapor Station brand ECF Signature Banner!

• A1

• A2

• A3

• B1

• B2

• B3

• C1

• C2

• D1

• E1

• F1

• G1

• G2

• H1

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

eric

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
I have compiled a list of a banner from each of the contestants in the previous thread. In this thread, each person can cast a single vote. The winner as of June 1, 2012 will be deemed winner.

***Please keep in mind I am only allowed to include 15 options for the Poll. I had to remove some of the entries for that reason and kept the maximum entries to 3. If you are one of the folks who had their entries cut short and would like to replace one or more of the banner entries I included with one of the ones I didn't, please feel free to PM me and I'll replace them!

Here we go!

Choice A1:
VS-Banner-2b.jpg

Choice A2:
VS-Banner-1fx2a.jpg

Choice A3:
VS-Banner-tag.jpg

---

Choice B1:
2h2qb1l.jpg

Choice B2:
25pqtle.jpg

Choice B3:
2czpn3q.jpg

---

Choice C1:
VaporStationBanner.jpg

Choice C2:
Vapor-Station-Banner.jpg

---

Choice D1:
96305d1335740284t-contest-help-spread-word-thevaportstationbanner2.jpg

---

Choice E1:
2l973a9.jpg

---

Choice F1:
124de10.jpg

---

Choice G1:
TheVaporStation.jpg

Choice G2:
VaporStation2.jpg

---

Choice H1:
VSlarge.jpg

Last edited:

spacekitty

Krazee Kat Laydee & Guru-X2.5
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
SoCal, USA
From another thread.

Not cool.

I don't have a horse in this race, and I couldn't care less who wins.

But VaporStation is looking for the best banner, not the person who solicit votes.

Thanks for sharing that!!!

Well I DO have a horse in this race, and I was wondering how the votes for that banner went from zero to 18 overnight?? She has been a member here long enough to know that most of us frown on that sort of thing...
If you wanted to PM a few friends**, we can't stop you... but openly soliciting for Votes is just poor sportsmanship!!

Maybe it's just because you felt that you wouldn't have won on your own merit, I don't know... but this is one of the main reasons why I have never liked the kind of contests that are determined by the # of 'Likes' a certain entry receives... whether it is on Facebook, or now on the ECF!! It turns into a popularity contest and not fair for the people with the most talent...

IMHO, the voter pool has been compromised, and the person responsible should either be disqualified, or the people at VS should just pick the one that they feel is best to represent their company.

Sorry for the Rant, but this really struck a nerve with me... grr.gif

** Right now she has more Votes than Friends... LMAO!!!

Last edited:

eric

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
I'm not going to disqualify De, but I will disqualify the vote count until the post is removed, and begin counting from there.

Posting elsewhere to vote for your specific banner corrupts the entire process and is detrimental to the entire purpose of the contest.

This is the official 2012 Vapor Station brand ECF Signature Banner contest. This should be representative of people's actual preference of the banners, not the preference of the artists who made them.

spacekitty

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
SoCal, USA
I posted a comment in the thread where her OP was, and 3 people admitted to voting because they actually LIKED that banner the best... :) If you take into consideration that she would have probably voted for herself (LOL) then that would leave the count at 4 Legitimate Votes.

But either way, the damage has been done and there is no way to guarantee an impartial outcome now...
ahit-the-fan.gif

Btw... thanks for removing the names from the entries!!
(but I guess now it's kind of a moot point)

Last edited:

DeviantDe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 20, 2011
Sunnyside, Wa
www.facebook.com
Ok, I seriously didn't think it was that big of a deal since I see people asking for votes in contests like this all the time. It also wasn't against any rules posted.

I also said vote for whoever/whichever banner was liked best, but that I thought it wouldn't hurt to beg for one of my own.

That banner had 4 votes BEFORE I posted that(yes that includes my own vote, I liked G1 and H1 the best, but chose to vote for myself) So I guess other people liked it before I posted it to where my friends hang out.

I only posted it one time, in the one thread that I spend almost all of my time here in. The same people that spend time in that thread are the same people on my friends list (yes SpaceKitty, some of them aren't on my friends list, just never added them all since I talk to them everyday anyway)

The post has been removed. I apologize for upsetting everyone.

eric

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Thank you for removing the post, DeviantDe. I fully 100% support posting the contest anywhere and everywhere, the only thing is it just throws the authenticity of what is considered by most to be the best banner out of whack when you ask them to vote for yours specifically.

We'll set an informal count of 8 votes for G1.

Does that sound fair to everyone?

spacekitty

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
SoCal, USA
Thank you for removing the post, DeviantDe. I fully 100% support posting the contest anywhere and everywhere, the only thing is it just throws the authenticity of what is considered by most to be the best banner out of whack when you ask them to vote for yours specifically.

We'll set an informal count of 8 votes for G1.

Does that sound fair to everyone?

She admitted to having 4 votes BEFORE she posted that comment in the other thread... so I think she should just go back to where she was then!!
But as I already said before... the damage has been done. You can delete the post, but you can't unread it... and it has been quoted in other posts as well.

And yes, some of the suppliers DO have that written into the Rules about not soliciting votes... but it should just be common courtesy, not something you have to be specifically told not to do... :blink:

spacekitty

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
SoCal, USA
Hey... I just had a GREAT idea!!

Let's judge the contest by the # of 'likes' in the original thread, and guess who would win then?? :D LMAO!!

(and that one didn't even make it to the final cut...)

Better still... I think I would just like to withdraw my entries and wash my hands of this whole mess!!!

Best of Luck with your NEXT contest, Eric... :facepalm:

DeviantDe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 20, 2011
Sunnyside, Wa
www.facebook.com
Spacekitty I have personally only been in one other contest that was decided by votes, and it was encouraged to campaign for votes for yourself in that contest.

I don't have a lot of experience in the contest by vote thing, other than the previous contest I entered and seeing other people throughout the forum ask to be voted for in contests they are participating in. I am usually only in the random number pick contests.

So maybe for people new to this kind of contest it might be nice to actually have something in the rules of the contest if people are going to be harassed about something they do not even know is an issue instead of just assuming that because you've seen something a dozen times then everyone must know about it.

I thought I was following the rules. The only rule that was stated was be creative, and the object of the contest was to get the word out about The Vapor Station. So I worked on a few things and when it came time for voting, I posted a link to the votes, anyone who followed that link got to see 14 new advertising banners. Yes I did ask for mine to be voted for, which I did not know was a problem. But it did bring attention for The Vapor Station to people that might not have otherwise known about it before.

SpaceKitty I did not mean to ruin the contest for everyone like you so nicely posted in my visitor messages.

Like I said before, I did not even know it was a problem. I removed the post. I cannot remove it where others quoted it. I apologized for my mistake. I have explained why I did what I did. I meant no harm and did not know that what I did was against any rules.

Eric I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. Please do whatever you feel is best when it comes to the votes.

Last edited:

spacekitty

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
SoCal, USA
I'm torn between A2 and H1 - arrrrgh! How to decide???

P.S.
I have no clue who is responsible for which banner.

That's why I asked him to remove the Names from the entries in the first place... ;) More fun that way!!
(they were posted on them in the beginning)

CalamityJan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
TX
I should probably keep quiet since I have a herd of horses in this race but...

IMO, this banner represents The Vapor Station and should reflect what image the company wants to convey here on the forum. Therefore, I have always held the personal conviction that whomever it is that makes these decisions, should choose his/her vision. Whether it be the website graphics, labels, printed advertising or a quickly interchangeable banner, the person with a vested financial interest should consider the entries and pick based on their preference.

All of these entries are done in good spirit, but the more important results are those which benefit the represented vendor. Trying to please the 10's of thousands of members is impossible....... so go with your own gut.

No defense or offense intended here, just relating my own business principles.

eric

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
If I had to choose, it'd be A2. It actually brought an idea I had years ago into reality. Another one being a fueling station with e-juice as the fuel, but then I realized how repulsive that would be to a lot of people who would equate our liquids with deadly, explosive fuels with terrible, smelly fumes.

However, the fact remains this is a vote. I should have stated some rules, but I just didn't think it would be necessary. I'd rather you all not go out and garner votes, but I really can't do anything about it, and I don't even like the idea of marking DeviantDe's vote count for the fact I never said she couldn't.

I'll stick to the plan and keep this a voting matter.

Next time, though, Calamity Jan, I'll definitely leave it to my own personal decision. This route was too muddy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread