Why Can't I Taste My Juice Anymore?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cowboy Cru

Moved On
Mar 24, 2012
I have had a problem lately where I feel like I just cannot taste the flavor of my juice much anymore. Even if I fill up a brand new carto using a spin bag and all, even let it set overnight and top it off nice and full but not flooded, I only taste a fairly decent flavor for the first few toots then it's gone. Like I am vaping water. It can also be different flavors that are new or older and it doesn't matter. It also doesn't matter what device I am on. Even on VV I cannot dial it in. It's either nothing or a burnt taste. And on my slims it is pretty much nothing. I even incorporate different brand carto's. DC, SC, all different ohms. Tank or no tank. What could I be doing wrong, or are my taste buds getting numb? I mainly use a 24mg 50/50 juice from The Vapor Room for 4 months now and never had this problem til recently. I am going through juice like nuts cause I feel like the only good flavor I get is from a few fresh drips in to the battery end of the carto. But that lasts literally only for a few puffs. Please help, it is driving me nuts!

-CC-my avatar is Uranus

Charlz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2011
upstate NY
Taste bud crisis. It happens. Mostly when new to vaping and taste buds are returning to normal but sometimes from overdoing it. There's a lot of suggestions....vaping unflavored...vaping some menthol for a day or two to reset your palate. Drink lots of water and scrape your tongue when you brush. It will pass in a day or so.

Cowboy Cru

Moved On
Mar 24, 2012
Taste bud crisis. It happens. Mostly when new to vaping and taste buds are returning to normal but sometimes from overdoing it. There's a lot of suggestions....vaping unflavored...vaping some menthol for a day or two to reset your palate. Drink lots of water and scrape your tongue when you brush. It will pass in a day or so.

I do have some Menthol, I will try that. I always scrape the ol' tongue. I am just surprised that it would happen this far in (4 months). I do wonder if it could have anything to do with some new meds I am on? But then, it seems like I taste food normally. :(

NC_Fog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 29, 2011
Central N.C.
I'm going through the same ordeal right now. It's been 14 months since I started vaping(no analogs). The first time it happened was at about 3 months. Now all of a sudden it's happened twice this month. As frustrating as it can be, I just vape thru it(2 to 3 days). I'm thinking maybe I burned out my taste buds with the 1.5ohm atty. I will refrain myself from it for a while and see. The only flavors I can taste at all is menthol and black pepper.

Good Luck!

Marty

Cowboy Cru

Moved On
Mar 24, 2012
Have you ever used attys?

I got a few with my LT and tried em before my taste issues and didn't seem to care for the taste. I know it takes awhile to break them in, but couldn't get myself to stick it out. Of course too I am unseasoned in the dripping area, and kept flooding or under filling receiving a burnt taste. I was confused too on how long then I would be able to vape on a few drops or whatever. I think it was easier for me to fall back on what I had been doing which was carto's. But I know a ton of people will say that once you drip you will not want anything else. Although, the vendors like to confuse even more sometimes by promoting the carto's! Geez. I am not against it, and will probably go pull one out now! Although any advice you may have for someone who's for sure a "noob" in the drip department would be much appreciated!

rlh445

ECF Veteran
May 2, 2012
Baltimore, Maryland
Ah, I'm less than a month in so my taste buds are still recovering, but I know what you're talking about. When I wake up in the morning, I usually refrain from vaping (would've NEVER been able to do that with the stinkies) because until I shower, brush my teeth and eat breakfast (which I think I have identified as the catalyst) it's all I can do to taste my juice, no matter what it is. I think eating kind of 'jump starts' my taste buds and after that I can taste any and everything but before that, forget about it. Right now the only juice (joose, hehehehe) that seems to be immune to this is KBV's Pineapple Juice. I think they have some sort of Koolada thing going on with that juice, and I can taste it no matter what. It's been my morning juice for a few days now.

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
I got a few with my LT and tried em before my taste issues and didn't seem to care for the taste. I know it takes awhile to break them in, but couldn't get myself to stick it out. Of course too I am unseasoned in the dripping area, and kept flooding or under filling receiving a burnt taste. I was confused too on how long then I would be able to vape on a few drops or whatever. I think it was easier for me to fall back on what I had been doing which was carto's. But I know a ton of people will say that once you drip you will not want anything else. Although, the vendors like to confuse even more sometimes by promoting the carto's! Geez. I am not against it, and will probably go pull one out now! Although any advice you may have for someone who's for sure a "noob" in the drip department would be much appreciated!

If you are not getting what you want from cartos, I would suggest trying it again! It finally worked for me even though I had tried it before and it wasn't all that great. Optimo, and Jplanet helped me out when making the switch. Maybe it is time?!

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
I will work with you! What kind of attys do you have? Anymore info about your set-up will help, including the juices you are using!

p.s. I am no atty guru at all, but I know some members that are, so if I can't answer your question, we will find the answer together...okay?

Last edited:

Cowboy Cru

Moved On
Mar 24, 2012
Ah, I'm less than a month in so my taste buds are still recovering, but I know what you're talking about. When I wake up in the morning, I usually refrain from vaping (would've NEVER been able to do that with the stinkies) because until I shower, brush my teeth and eat breakfast (which I think I have identified as the catalyst) it's all I can do to taste my juice, no matter what it is. I think eating kind of 'jump starts' my taste buds and after that I can taste any and everything but before that, forget about it. Right now the only juice (joose, hehehehe) that seems to be immune to this is KBV's Pineapple Juice. I think they have some sort of Koolada thing going on with that juice, and I can taste it no matter what. It's been my morning juice for a few days now.

Thats good to know, And funny you say that. They are located about 45 minutes from me! The other funny thing is here they are, yet I order all my juice from TVR right there in Maryland! Haha!

-CC-my avatar is Uranus

Cowboy Cru

Moved On
Mar 24, 2012
I will work with you! What kind of attys do you have? Anymore info about your set-up will help, including the juices you are using!

p.s. I am no atty guru at all, but I know some members that are, so if I can't answer your question, we will find the answer together...okay?

Oh man, I sure appreciate it seriously. My setup is a good ol' Lavatube version 1. My atty's are I believe 2.5 ohm. Not for sure of brand, but they came with my LT along with 2 DCT tanks and Smoktech tank carto's that were 2.5 as well.

Oh yea, I use juice from The Vapor Room at 24mg 50/50. Lot of cinnamons, strawberries, citruses, and bakery goods (danish, cheesecake, etc.)

Last edited:

rlh445

ECF Veteran
May 2, 2012
Baltimore, Maryland
Thats good to know, And funny you say that. They are located about 45 minutes from me! The other funny thing is here they are, yet I order all my juice from TVR right there in Maryland! Haha!

-CC-my avatar is Uranus

RIGHT!! The shipping from Missouri took no time at all, but that is hilarious that you're ordering from Maryland and I'm ordering from Missouri!! I hope your taste buds recover, Cowboy!

rlh445

ECF Veteran
May 2, 2012
Baltimore, Maryland
Geez, I better get on the ball and try Da Joose! It's not right I live here and never tried the stuff! Haha!

Seriously. My recommendation would be to def. try the Pineapple Shake (if you're into kinda minty juices) or the Krispity Treat. You gotta give it 'till like half a carto, because at first it is SERIOUSLY light on flavor (I didn't get an extra shot) but man, after a half hour of vaping it's just like, 'OMG, this IS a Rice Krispy Treat! Now I want one!,'. I've been vaping it non-stop for two days now..it's somehow become my all day. Not sure how, but it's seriously just a really good chill out vape. Now, with a name like Cowboy, I suspect you love them Cowboy Killers (tobacco juice). I can't speak to KBV's tobaccos but some of the dessert flavors are tremendous.

Oh and I've never tried The Vapor Room. Guess I'd better get on the ball too!

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
Oh man, I sure appreciate it seriously. My setup is a good ol' Lavatube version 1. My atty's are I believe 2.5 ohm. Not for sure of brand, but they came with my LT along with 2 DCT tanks and Smoktech tank carto's that were 2.5 as well.

Oh yea, I use juice from The Vapor Room at 24mg 50/50. Lot of cinnamons, strawberries, citruses, and bakery goods (danish, cheesecake, etc.)

First things first...don't put no GD cinnamon juice in your atty unless you want to have an eternal cinnamon atty!:laugh:

Trust me...speaking from a bad cinnamon experience. It is like the glitter juice, meaning it just won't come off.:laugh:

Cowboy Cru

Moved On
Mar 24, 2012
First things first...don't put no GD cinnamon juice in your atty unless you want to have an eternal cinnamon atty!:laugh:

Trust me...speaking from a bad cinnamon experience. It is like the glitter juice, meaning it just won't come off.:laugh:

Haha! Between having to end up donating a few drip tips and even carto's to the "cinnamon cause," and with some previous time spent in a few "speak easy's" with some dancing girls, I know what you mean about cinnamon and glitter that just doesn't go away! When you really NEED it to go away sometimes! Lol.

-CC-my avatar is Uranus

Charlz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2011
upstate NY
Could be meds....could also be vitamin deficiency. Last time it happened to me, someone recommended zinc. I think it worked. Halls makes a cherry mint cough drop with echinacea and zinc. Very good for dry mouth and throat too.

I think maybe the body repairing itself may use up vital nutrients. I'm seeing more and more proof that during periods where your body is adjusting to something.....getting sick.....getting well.....new things happening.....the vaping buds suffer. I take it as a sign to eat a little better with food that has the nutrients I need naturally and supplement if I feel I need to.

harleydiva

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 9, 2012
Southern Michigan
Geez, I better get on the ball and try Da Joose! It's not right I live here and never tried the stuff! Haha!

KBV is moving this summer...closer to St Louis. They also said they will be opening a retail store....wish I was closer. I love many of their juices....currently hooked on Strawberry Pie.

jplanet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2010
NJ
I agree with Mr. Mann, I think that "I can't taste anything" threads are becoming more and more common with the rise in popularity of cartos. Dripping is the way to go!

Some tips:

- Get Joye LR 510 atties
- Before using, blow out the primer (blow into the small threaded end, holding a napkin over the large end to catch the primer)
- Drip 5 drops and let it sit for a minute
- Vape a little, adding TWO DROPS, no more, no less, as soon as it begins to dry up. You can tell when it starts to produce much less vapor, you'll get a feel for it quickly. If you flood by accident, just gently blow it out into a napkin like you did with the primer, but as long as you stick to 2 drops at a time, except for the initial 5 to prime it, you'll be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread