Ego-C or Ego-T

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ambassador

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2012
Thailand & Madagascar
Hi everyone....another NOOB to E Cigs here !

I bought a cheap copy e cig in Thailand recently and was rather disappointed, but want to now take the plunge and buy a decent e cig

Please could I ask for some advice.....I am a bit confused with all the model numbers. I have decided on buying an ego e cigarette but not sure which model to buy. ( c or t)

Is the ego-c better than an ego-t? Which is newer?

I am a light smoker, maybe 5 on a normal day and 15 on a night out, and i smoke low strength cigs.

I am a techi and like the idea of faffing around and modding my e cig. I would need lots of vapour too, so with this in mind could anyone make some recommendations on where to go for me ?

Is the cartridge on an ego-c cig a tank???? You can refill these so i am confused about the -t being a tank but seems to use a cartridge same as a -c type :blink:

Cheers in advance peeps

Phil

sailorman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
Podunk, FLA
I would say don't get either one. They're both only 3.3-3.4V. The tank systems are buggy and leaky, especially the T. This forum is full of people who have problems with them and most people eventually toss the silly proprietary "tank" and atomizers and just use other generic eGo accessories or 510 based cartomizers.

If you like the form factor, and you like faffing around, you'd be much better off with something like an e-Power.
It has separate batteries, so it's not a disposable e-cig. The switch is separate and can be replaced. It doesn't have the gimmicky tank system, it can be fitted with batteries from 1050mah to 3100mah and it puts out an honest 3.7volts or more.

And, it usually costs less than either the eGo-C or T. Here's one. It's the 1050mah version.
Crystal Clear Vaping

Here's one that takes a larger battery.
http://www.sweet-vapes.com/shop?pag..._color_plus.tpl&product_id=296&category_id=22

These are just representations. They come in other finishes.

sailorman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
Podunk, FLA
To answer your question about the differences between the C and T.
They both have a cone into which you jam that hollow mouthpiece/tank.
It is refillable.
The big black cone screws off and at the bottom of it, there is a heating element with a spike that punctures a cap on the tank. This is supposed to allow the juice to drip onto the heating coil.(atomizer)
In the ego-T, the cone and heating coil are all one piece. When the coil burns out, you have to buy the whole assembly. It is a one piece atomizer.
In the ego-C, the cone and the coil are two separate pieces. You replace just the coil (atomizer)

Because you only need to buy the atomizer, and not the whole cone, the C is the preferred unit.
The lesser of two evils, you might say.
But as I said before, the chances are great that you'll toss the whole mess and buy regular cartomizers to use instead.
They taste better, they're cheaper and they don't leak.

BuGlen

Divergent
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2012
Tampa, Florida
I agree with sailorman about the eGo atomizer/tank systems, and they can be quite finicky at times. However, I believe that most of the eGo form factor batteries are 3.7v (unregulated) unless you get the Joyetech/Ovale variety. The e-Power has the advantage of having replaceable batteries, where the standard eGo/kGo style batteries are all-one-unit, but then the e-Power is a larger device. For the eGo form factor, you may be better off getting a couple of kGo batteries, a couple of Boge or Smoktech cartomizers, and a clearomizer or two (such as the Stardust) to try. Some people like the cartomizers while others seem to prefer clearomizers, so it's worth trying both.

I personally find that the Joyetech eGo-C batteries (3.3v regulated) with low resistance Stardust clearomizers work just fine. Also, the latest thing in the Joyetech eGo product line is the eGo-C Twist batteries that allow you to dial in your voltage. They seem to be getting good reviews and might be worth a look.

Ambassador

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2012
Thailand & Madagascar
I would say don't get either one. They're both only 3.3-3.4V. The tank systems are buggy and leaky, especially the T. This forum is full of people who have problems with them and most people eventually toss the silly proprietary "tank" and atomizers and just use other generic eGo accessories or 510 based cartomizers.

If you like the form factor, and you like faffing around, you'd be much better off with something like an e-Power.
It has separate batteries, so it's not a disposable e-cig. The switch is separate and can be replaced. It doesn't have the gimmicky tank system, it can be fitted with batteries from 1050mah to 3100mah and it puts out an honest 3.7volts or more.

And, it usually costs less than either the eGo-C or T. Here's one. It's the 1050mah version.
Crystal Clear Vaping

Here's one that takes a larger battery.
http://www.sweet-vapes.com/shop?pag..._color_plus.tpl&product_id=296&category_id=22

These are just representations. They come in other finishes.

Thanks for your reply Sailorman

So would you be able to recommend which carto to use? Was wondering if i should get LR atomiser or not, but if i go carto's they have the heating coil built in right? I have been seeing dual coil cartos which i presume make more vapour?

I would like to have a set up with good vapour production

Cheers

Phil

moishesmom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2012
west bloomfield
I don't want Sailorman to think I'm stalking him tonite (just hitting some of the same threads) but I totally agree. I've both the atty & the 'c' and have discovered the wonderful world of cartos, tanks & clearos. I stuck w/attys & then the 'c' for 10 months...now I have my stash of them put away for emergency use only....

Ambassador

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2012
Thailand & Madagascar
I agree with sailorman about the eGo atomizer/tank systems, and they can be quite finicky at times. However, I believe that most of the eGo form factor batteries are 3.7v (unregulated) unless you get the Joyetech/Ovale variety. The e-Power has the advantage of having replaceable batteries, where the standard eGo/kGo style batteries are all-one-unit, but then the e-Power is a larger device. For the eGo form factor, you may be better off getting a couple of kGo batteries, a couple of Boge or Smoktech cartomizers, and a clearomizer or two (such as the Stardust) to try. Some people like the cartomizers while others seem to prefer clearomizers, so it's worth trying both.

I personally find that the Joyetech eGo-C batteries (3.3v regulated) with low resistance Stardust clearomizers work just fine. Also, the latest thing in the Joyetech eGo product line is the eGo-C Twist batteries that allow you to dial in your voltage. They seem to be getting good reviews and might be worth a look.

Thanks for the info BuGlen

I would like a reasonably small unit to be honest so similar to the ego-c set up. Is the e-power much larger? Also I am currently working in Thailand but will soon be in UK for 3 weeks before going to my next job in Australia, so i need a set up that i can buy in the UK and run in Australia. I am also onsite for long periods 6 to 8 weeks so need a reliable set u, as my sites are remote! Battery life should not be an issue as i dont smoke heavy, and as such i prefer smaller form factor over battery longevity. But not sure if you need larger battery for more vapour?

What are the advantages / disadvantages RE Carto of Clearmizers?

Cheers

Phil

sailorman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
Podunk, FLA
Thanks for your reply Sailorman

So would you be able to recommend which carto to use? Was wondering if i should get LR atomiser or not, but if i go carto's they have the heating coil built in right? I have been seeing dual coil cartos which i presume make more vapour?

I would like to have a set up with good vapour production

Cheers

Phil

I would recommend the Smoketech 1.7 ohm SINGLE coil cartomizer and the 2ohm Boge cartomizer.
Both of them are LR cartomizers.
You should also have at least 1 or 2 atomizers of about 2ohms. You will use these to test the flavor of juices before you fill cartomizers with something you don't like. You can't mix flavors in cartomizers. They are relatively cheap, but no use wasting a carto on a bad juice, and finding the right juice usually takes some effort.

Cartomizers have the heating coil built in. They usually last about a week or more for a light vaper. They are refillable and disposable.

Do NOT use Dual Coil cartomizers on any e-cig that produces less than 4.5 volts. I could give you a long technical explanation as to why this is, but I've already done that once already tonight and you can probably find it in the first few pages of this forum. Dual coil cartomizers produce more vapor, but it is cold and nasty with a 3.4 or 3.7V e-cig.

The e-Power 14650 is not at all bulky. The battery is 14mm in diameter and 65mm long. The housing is only slightly larger in diameter. The whole thing is about the size of a medium sized cigar. The fact that it uses replaceable batteries means you can just carry several charged batteries instead of several e-cigs. And no, only a few eGo batteries are 3.7V. Most of them are regulated to 3.3-3.4 volts.

Another advantage to the 14650 e-Power for your situation is that it is repariable. You can buy a spare switch for $10. If the switch fails, instead of throwing the entire unit away, you can replace it in seconds. The eGos and kGos are disposable. If anything goes wrong with them, you throw them away.

For more vapor, you don't need more battery. The vapor is a function of the VG content in the juice and the cartomizer you are using. High VG give you the most vapor, but the least flavor. A 70%PG/30%VG is a good compromise between vapor production and flavor.

Last edited:

sailorman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
Podunk, FLA

What are the advantages / disadvantages RE Carto of Clearmizers?...

Phil

Cartomizer "Pros":
Cheap
Reliable
good vapor production
Rugged
No special tools needed to fill
No leaks

Cartomizer "cons":
Can mute flavor somewhat
Can scorch if allowed to dry out too much
Must periodically, every 15-20 minutes or so, be topped-off

Clearomizer "Pros":
Best taste, clean.
Can see the juice level, don't need to be topped off much.
Easily cleanable.
May last longer than cartomizers.

Clearomizer "Cons"
Finicky. Usually need some tweaking and light modification.
Can leak
Can get dry hits if juice does not flow properly to coil.
More expensive than cartomizers.
Not as reliable as cartomizers
Harder to fill. Usually requires a syringe. (excluding large "tank" clearomizers)

Last edited:

Ambassador

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2012
Thailand & Madagascar
I would recommend the Smoketech 1.7 ohm SINGLE coil cartomizer and the 2ohm Boge cartomizer.
Both of them are LR cartomizers.
You should also have at least 1 or 2 atomizers of about 2ohms. You will use these to test the flavor of juices before you fill cartomizers with something you don't like. You can't mix flavors in cartomizers. They are relatively cheap, but no use wasting a carto on a bad juice, and finding the right juice usually takes some effort.

Cartomizers have the heating coil built in. They usually last about a week or more for a light vaper. They are refillable and disposable.

Do NOT use Dual Coil cartomizers on any e-cig that produces less than 4.5 volts. I could give you a long technical explanation as to why this is, but I've already done that once already tonight and you can probably find it in the first few pages of this forum. Dual coil cartomizers produce more vapor, but it is cold and nasty with a 3.4 or 3.7V e-cig.

The e-Power 14650 is not at all bulky. The battery is 14mm in diameter and 65mm long. The housing is only slightly larger in diameter. The whole thing is about the size of a medium sized cigar. The fact that it uses replaceable batteries means you can just carry several charged batteries instead of several e-cigs. And no, only a few eGo batteries are 3.7V. Most of them are regulated to 3.3-3.4 volts.

Another advantage to the 14650 e-Power for your situation is that it is repariable. You can buy a spare switch for $10. If the switch fails, instead of throwing the entire unit away, you can replace it in seconds. The eGos and kGos are disposable. If anything goes wrong with them, you throw them away.

For more vapor, you don't need more battery. The vapor is a function of the VG content in the juice and the cartomizer you are using. High VG give you the most vapor, but the least flavor. A 70%PG/30%VG is a good compromise between vapor production and flavor.

Thanks for the info Sailorman, and your time to write these posts....i was actually wondering what the VG / PG thing was all about :?:

I was going to just order some low nic virginia / tobacco e juice, probably menthol too. Can you get the 70 / 30 mix pre mixed? I have been looking at e juices and noted you can mix your own but have not looked into it very much as i was just going to buy pre mixed. But now I know this info RE smoke and mixing i might change my stance and mix, if i cannot get the right proportions in pre mix. I have looked at the totally wicked e juices mostly. Problem i will have is being on remote sites means no post ..... so i will need all the juice, cartos / clearomisers and spares i need to last 8 weeks plus

I think i will go look up your post about volts and LR dual coils, sounds interesting :)

Cheers

Phil

Ok, Sailorman has the straight facts and I agree that the ego-c can be finicky. I recommend getting the Ego-C Twist battery so you can play around with voltages up to 4.8v. you will also have the capability to attach a fairly large varieties of cartos, tanks an clearomizers. I would go with the Twist and stardust, even a DCT to start with and experiment from there. it's a pretty solid combination in my opinion.

Ambassador

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2012
Thailand & Madagascar
Cartomizer "Pros":
Cheap
Reliable
good vapor production
Rugged
No special tools needed to fill
No leaks

Cartomizer "cons":
Can mute flavor somewhat
Can scorch if allowed to dry out too much
Must periodically, every 15-20 minutes or so, be topped-off

Clearomizer "Pros":
Best taste, clean.
Can see the juice level, don't need to be topped off much.
Easily cleanable.
May last longer than cartomizers.

Clearomizer "Cons"
Finicky. Usually need some tweaking and light modification.
Can leak
Can get dry hits if juice does not flow properly to coil.
More expensive than cartomizers.
Not as reliable as cartomizers
Harder to fill. Usually requires a syringe. (excluding large "tank" clearomizers)

HI Sailorman

What do you mean my "topping off"? Does this mean re filling with e juice? This would not work if out on the town !

Cheers

Phil

HI Sailorman

What do you mean my "topping off"? Does this mean re filling with e juice? This would not work if out on the town !

Cheers

Phil

Hi Ambassador, I think what Sailorman means is that after a while the polyfill inside the carto starts to get low(not empty) and begins to give you a dry vape. topping off with more juice to keep the polyfil wet corrects this issue. But that would definitely be a pain when your out on the town. that's where DCT's come in!

BuGlen

Divergent
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2012
Tampa, Florida

I would like a reasonably small unit to be honest so similar to the ego-c set up. Is the e-power much larger? Also I am currently working in Thailand but will soon be in UK for 3 weeks before going to my next job in Australia, so i need a set up that i can buy in the UK and run in Australia. I am also onsite for long periods 6 to 8 weeks so need a reliable set u, as my sites are remote! Battery life should not be an issue as i dont smoke heavy, and as such i prefer smaller form factor over battery longevity. But not sure if you need larger battery for more vapour?

What are the advantages / disadvantages RE Carto of Clearmizers?

Cheers

Phil

I think sailorman covered the comparison of carto vs. clearo quite well, so you should be set there. As for traveling, I just wanted to mention that different countries have different laws about nicotine juice so you may want to do a bit of research before attempting to bring juice or PV devices across borders.

As for the battery duration, that is where the mAh (milli-amp / hour) rating comes in. From what I've read, the average is about one hour per 100mAh rating for moderate use, so a 650mAh battery will last about 6.5 hours at the rated output before needing to be recharged. Devices that use a booster circuit (such as the eGo Twist) will drain a bit faster at the voltages higher that the physical battery rating which is usually 3.7v. For a lot of people, batteries rated at about 1000mAh or more can last a full day without the need of a charge.

The difference in size between a eGo/kGo design and something like the e-power (and others) that have a replaceable battery will be in the diameter of the device. Depending on how thick the casing is on these devices, they will be about twice the diameter of the eGo form factor, but still quite comfortable in your hand for use. I'd also like to point out that the batteries available for these devices can vary in quality and reliability, so you need to be careful of where you purchase your batteries and the type of batteries you purchase. In the area of rechargeable batteries, a little research on charging and battery configuration (stacking) is a very good thing.

kingcobra

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 17, 2011
Canada
Well in addition to cartos and clearos there's also the good old fashioned atomizers. If you get an ego kit for instance they come with atomizers, not very good ones I might add. Atomizers last longer than carto types, I know some people who get several months of fairly heavy vaping out of them, I probably get a good month or so and then when they start to drop off I just throw them away. So my hardware costs are about $12 a month which isn't too bad at all. I also hate anything that might leak, and do not want to vape anything that has filler in it, and really hate these things dying by burnout. So I don't go near cartos or clearos, a lot of this is a matter of personal choice though, although cartos have begun to take over the world I think :)

Ambassador

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2012
Thailand & Madagascar
I think sailorman covered the comparison of carto vs. clearo quite well, so you should be set there. As for traveling, I just wanted to mention that different countries have different laws about nicotine juice so you may want to do a bit of research before attempting to bring juice or PV devices across borders.

As for the battery duration, that is where the mAh (milli-amp / hour) rating comes in. From what I've read, the average is about one hour per 100mAh rating for moderate use, so a 650mAh battery will last about 6.5 hours at the rated output before needing to be recharged. Devices that use a booster circuit (such as the eGo Twist) will drain a bit faster at the voltages higher that the physical battery rating which is usually 3.7v. For a lot of people, batteries rated at about 1000mAh or more can last a full day without the need of a charge.

The difference in size between a eGo/kGo design and something like the e-power (and others) that have a replaceable battery will be in the diameter of the device. Depending on how thick the casing is on these devices, they will be about twice the diameter of the eGo form factor, but still quite comfortable in your hand for use. I'd also like to point out that the batteries available for these devices can vary in quality and reliability, so you need to be careful of where you purchase your batteries and the type of batteries you purchase. In the area of rechargeable batteries, a little research on charging and battery configuration (stacking) is a very good thing.

I am not a heavy smoker so 6 hours would do me fine and i would prefer the smaller form factor - so i think that the 1050 e power would work for me....except i cannot find this in the UK....the larger (black) version yes, but i dont want this larger form factor

So I am back to square 1 with which e cig to get, as i cant find a US supplier that ships to the UK (as yet) the e power 1050

RE The import of e juice, yes maybe a problem for Australia as they are VERY .... about customs. I will look into that in more detail

RE Battery quality - Yes this could well cause issue, and i know this so i will source high end batteries. Perhaps you know of a decent supplier?

Thanks

Phil

Ambassador

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2012
Thailand & Madagascar
Well in addition to cartos and clearos there's also the good old fashioned atomizers. If you get an ego kit for instance they come with atomizers, not very good ones I might add. Atomizers last longer than carto types, I know some people who get several months of fairly heavy vaping out of them, I probably get a good month or so and then when they start to drop off I just throw them away. So my hardware costs are about $12 a month which isn't too bad at all. I also hate anything that might leak, and do not want to vape anything that has filler in it, and really hate these things dying by burnout. So I don't go near cartos or clearos, a lot of this is a matter of personal choice though, although cartos have begun to take over the world I think :)

Thanks for your insight King Kobra

I actually plan to just buy a heap of stuff to be honest. I am onsite for long periods of time, like 6 weeks in the middle of no where so i cant have access to spares. Therefore a good time to try Cartos / Clearomisers and Atos with tanks and see which i like best :blink:

Cheers

Phil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread