How long does e-juice last?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeAnn

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2010
Urbana, Illinois, United States
Guess I am brain dead today but I can't remember how long a bottle of juice will last:ohmy: I am cleaning out my juice cabinet and have some juice over a year old, so can they still be vaped or do they have to be trashed? I don't care if the nic is gone or not, in fact I have some with way to high nic level for me now and will add VG &Pg if I can still use them....Thanks in advance for the help:unsure::blush:

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Two years is the accepted shelf life. Most of us have vape juices that old. If it's clear and looks just like the juice did when it arrived, I wouldn't worry about its vapability. Taste is the test. A dripper atty is good for that. Also, I'd compare the bottles to the ones you get currently. Some juices leach plastic from certain types of bottles. You don't want to vape cinnamon or other strong chemical components of juices that can affect the plastic bottles they are packed in.

If the bottles don't have a mottled or streaky appearance, the juice is probably OK. Taste is the next test.

Malduk

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2012
Croatia
Depends how they were stored. Typically PG/VG should be retested after 2 years. Flavors alone have shorter shelf life, but there's nic in the juice. I'd still probably say that juices should be trashed after 2 years, if stored properly. I do believe some chinese manufacturers also go with the "2 years since opening the bottle".

Malduk

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2012
Croatia
The clear ones seem to last longer to me but most liquid I've bought is dark and the flavor seems to dissipate after 6-8 months. Since we are on the subject where can one get clear liquids, the only clear I've ever gotten was menthol.

Most (like over 80%) of my liquids are pretty clear, with some going to transparent orange/yellow. But I DIY my own liquids, so I "know" whats in them.

yuttynutt

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2011
Minnesota
Most (like over 80%) of my liquids are pretty clear, with some going to transparent orange/yellow. But I DIY my own liquids, so I "know" whats in them.

So you get clear flavorings then? I have a hard time finding any coffee flavors that are clear I found one but reviews were bad.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

LeAnn

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2010
Urbana, Illinois, United States
Thanks for the info, I actually have been testing out some of my juices and most are tasting stonger, I have gone from 24mgs down to 4-6 mgs, so I am able to add a little pg/vg to most of the stronger tasting bottles. I don't have any that have gone bad yet. I keep them in a cool dry place....I need to start vaping them tho cause they are close to 2 yrs old:2cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread