Would someone be able to give me some pointers on my new Hog please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

house mouse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2010
BFE
I just received vv #77 in the mail and it's pretty stinking gorgeous. :) Since I've never owned one before I'm pretty clueless on how to use it.

Ist question: How do you fill it? Never mind, I figured out how to pop the top off the bottle.:facepalm:

2nd question: Or maybe really the only question since I figured out #1, How do you adjust the voltage?

pwyll

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 24, 2011
Frank's ford, in the Caintuck
There should be a little round plastic piece on the vv electronic with a cross-shaped indention. I've never had a vv Hog, so I don't know the particulars of the chip Mike uses, but the dial/screw/knobs on them are usually blue or white. Use a "precision" phillips screwdriver to turn the dial--counterclockwise will lower the voltage and clockwise will raise it.

If there's a voltage display you will be able to tell where you'reat/going with it, otherwise you'll either need to get a display that screws into the atty connector or do it "by feel"...

pwyll

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 24, 2011
When you take the door off and look at the inside, where the battery and the bottle go, there should be a little Printed Circuit Board with some electronics on it. One of the things soldered on that PCB will be the adjuster. Since I can't see the mod, I can't do better than vague descriptions :(

I did just look at a vv mod I've made, and the board I used has a very tiny brass screw that's used to adjust it, so you'll really just have to look for anything that you could use a miniature screwdriver on somewhere in the electronics.

Or take a picture of the board and post it :)

house mouse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2010
BFE
DSC_0307.jpg

DSC_0306.jpg

DSC_0304.jpg

Not the best photos, but should give you an idea of the inside. :)

pwyll

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 24, 2011
The electronics are on the bottom. The blue box looks to me to be the most likely candidate for being the potentiometer, so look for a small hole through the wood in the bottom or the side of the mod that would lead to that blue box. Also, that kind of adjuster will be small enough that it will take a slotted/flathead screwdriver rather than a cross/phillips.

Good luck :)

house mouse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2010
BFE
The electronics are on the bottom. The blue box looks to me to be the most likely candidate for being the potentiometer, so look for a small hole through the wood in the bottom or the side of the mod that would lead to that blue box. Also, that kind of adjuster will be small enough that it will take a slotted/flathead screwdriver rather than a cross/phillips.

Good luck :)

That's it!! There is a small hole in the box on that side. Checking it with a voltmeter and a few turns either way changes the voltage. Thank you so much! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread