Status
Not open for further replies.

tlmoody27

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2012
Middle of No Where, GA
I'm still new so pardon any stupid questions...

I'm vaping along on my mocha java smooth using a 3.5 ml DCT with a smoketech carto when all of a sudden it starts gurgling and sputtering. I take another puff and come back with a mouth full of juice, which by the way doesn't taste near as good on the tongue as it does when I vape it. So I take the drip tip off, rinse it out and try again. Same result, rinse out my mouth really good. Now I take the carto out of the tank and wipe it off. Tried vaping with it out of the tank and still gurgles and sputters. I'm getting vapor but no flavor unless you count the nastiness of the juice on my tongue. Next I tried blowing out the carto from the battery end and a ton of juice comes out. I put it back together with the tank, refill the tank and now it isn't gurgling, seems to be working fine. Was it flooded? How does it get flooded when it has the tank with it.

Like I said, I'm new so this may be a really dumb question but I wanted to see if this was probably what happened. I was really proud of myself for fixing it (if that's what I actually did) as I was about the dump it and get another carto.
I'm very technically challenged. I didn't know I would have to become a mechanic and an electrician when I started vaping, but if that's what it takes then I'll do it. Vaping is an absolute miracle for me.

moishesmom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2012
west bloomfield
Sounds like that's exactly what you did - flooding is nasty. Next time, blow thru to mouth end w/paper towel :unsure:at the battery end. Unfortunately, I do it all to often myself & you wipe the top of the battery also, as there's usually a drop or so of liquid on that. Vape on....you're doing great. (this comes from someone who doesn't know what the heck I'm doing!)

samwest

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2011
Gainesville Texas
My first tank (vaporesence vapinator) experience was a nightmare. Every carto I put in it flooded and gurgled. When I tried to cut my own carto; same thing. I think the precut cartos were damaged and the ones I cut got damaged as well. I traded it back to them for some funky juice. Now I have tried a few of the smoktech dct tanks and have not had the problem. There are a number of factors at work here; vacuum (damaged o-rings), damaged batting in the carto, too big a hole cut in the carto, thin juice etc. Trial and error is the name of the game with these but when you get it fixed they are hassle free and don't taste too bad. Me? I drip religiously.

Bishopheals

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 23, 2012
Staten Island
www.youtube.com
I'm still new so pardon any stupid questions...

I'm vaping along on my mocha java smooth using a 3.5 ml DCT with a smoketech carto when all of a sudden it starts gurgling and sputtering. I take another puff and come back with a mouth full of juice, which by the way doesn't taste near as good on the tongue as it does when I vape it. So I take the drip tip off, rinse it out and try again. Same result, rinse out my mouth really good. Now I take the carto out of the tank and wipe it off. Tried vaping with it out of the tank and still gurgles and sputters. I'm getting vapor but no flavor unless you count the nastiness of the juice on my tongue. Next I tried blowing out the carto from the battery end and a ton of juice comes out. I put it back together with the tank, refill the tank and now it isn't gurgling, seems to be working fine. Was it flooded? How does it get flooded when it has the tank with it.

Like I said, I'm new so this may be a really dumb question but I wanted to see if this was probably what happened. I was really proud of myself for fixing it (if that's what I actually did) as I was about the dump it and get another carto.
I'm very technically challenged. I didn't know I would have to become a mechanic and an electrician when I started vaping, but if that's what it takes then I'll do it. Vaping is an absolute miracle for me.

This happened to me several times on my 6ml tank. To fix it you may need some patience and take a moment and look at a few things.

1. What kind of Cartomizers your using. Is it a Smoketech? How many holes does your carto have 1,2, or 3? are they standard holes or punched in with a saddle to enlarge?
  2. Using a generic Cartomizers is not a good thing. A good Smoketech carto available from mad vapes as well as cloud of vapors (I’m sure other places carry them but I only get mine from these two venders). Depending on your E Juice some are thicker than others. If it’s thick then you’re going to need a bigger whole than the standard tiny whole that comes on your carto. If one big hole is not enough then you can try 2 holes. I would try 1 hole first.
  3. The technique used to vape. This is very important. Are you drawing slowly so you can feel the heat of the vape on your tongue (3-5 second slow draw) as you draw inhale the vape to your lungs. If you draw fast like a normal cigarette you won’t get a good vape. You could and may end up flooding the carto because of the 2-3 fast pulls of draw?(that was my biggest mistakes moving from a cigarette to e cigs). You will end up dissatisfied with a poor resulting vape. When you draw, do you draw 3-6 pulls in one shot? If so this is bad. Try drawing slowly till you feel some minor resistance and warm heated vape hitting your tongue and inhale that sht. What helped me was to learn to take a nice 4-6 seconds long drag. When I was abel to do that I felt a whole lot more smoke coming out and I was able to inhale that stellar vape. I’m sure you will blow out a nice vape and feel a good hit to. if you still experiencing the same issue then the final thing to do is look at the quality of your tank.
  4. last but not least the quality of the tank. What kind of tank your using? The quality of a tank has a lot to do with the quality of vape. Air Suction making sure it doesn’t leak from the side and those rings. Wow I can’t emphasis enough how important it is to have a decent good tank. I use Map Tanks available from clouds of vapor. Those things rock with a nice drip tip awesome.

I hope that helps and hang in there, VAPE ON!!!

Bishopheals

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 23, 2012
Staten Island
www.youtube.com
That helps tremendously! Thank you!!

Sent from my HTC EVO on Taptalk.
Let me know how that works out for you. I also forgot to mention that when you use a new Cartomizers that it’s best to fill a good 1.5 mil juice inside of it by the outer rim. Let it sit there for a good 5 minutes before putting/sliding it in the tank. That way it can set, absorb, get primed up. When you slide the carto up the tank raise it slowly without exposing the hole inside the tank yet. Now tilt the carto against the tank and start pouring your ejuice. As you pour make sure none of it gets spilled inside the carto. Start raising the carto slowly to the top. Once sealed take your drip tip without blocking the drip tip hole insert it. If you block the hole and insert you can flood the carto and cause it to leak form the battery connector. If this happens you can gently put the battery connector in your mouth and blow it out gently. Some juice will come out from the drip tip so have a tissue handy. This technique is good if you experience some juice flooding the carto. You may see some bubbles on the side that's ok that means carto is getting e juice. Take a few slow dry pulls then a slow hot one 3.9 volts 4.2v. See if it takes you somewhere special. Let me know how it works out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread