Viva Nova - Your thoughts on this Clearomizer/tank setup. Have you used it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RyanRed

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2012
California
I ordered up one of these today per recommendation of someone who has not steered me wrong yet!

Vision Nova Tank Clearomizer V2

I really enjoy the Clearamizer V2 so far, but dislike the price of 5 dollars a piece for them. I have seen deals on the version 2 ones because the new long wicks are starting to become the standard it seems. I really don't mind the short wicks to be honest, but I can see how the longer wick are more ideal.

Anyways, this tank/Clearomizer seems ideal. I really liked the fact its setup like the Visions, and the fact that you can replace the heads, and clean with ease. Seems like a money saver to me.

Currently I've been using the SR Stardust clearomizer, and they work fine. But a lot of you seem to say the LR would be ideal for my Kgo 1100mah 3.7v battery. So in light of that, I opt to order an additional 1.8ohm replacement head with the order as well. I like the fact it comes with 3 different resistant heads. 1.8, 2.4, and 2.8, so I can give them all a whirl. But the way it sounds is the 1.8 will be the way to go for me with my battery. We'll have to wait and see :)

I just wanted to get an all around feel for the Viva Nova, and listen to your opinions on it. If anyone of you have used it before, could you quote the estimated life per head? Hows the draw? Your overall thoughts? Any info would be great. Its already ordered, but I'd still like to hear you all out. :)

-Ryan

Last edited:

sailorman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
Podunk, FLA
They are terrible. Don't order any more of them until I get a chance to get more before they sell out.

Seriously, they are the best tank OR tank clearomizer I've ever used. I need about 6 more of them, so quit buying the darn things. They sell out too fast!! The short wicks actually work better than long ones. I know it's counter-intuitive and I wouldn't have believed it either. But the short wicks can move juice to the coil faster. A quick second of contact is all they need. I use 70%VG and no other top coil clearomizer wicks as well as these, including my Fluxomizers, which were the former champion.

I don't know how long the heads last but mine will last forever because I fully intend to recoil and rewick them. It's a snap to do, takes about 10 minutes and costs less than a dollar.

They don't leak, even when upside down for 30 seconds at a time. If you vape at anywhere between horizontal and 30-45 degrees, you won't need to consciously tip them until the juice falls to the 0.7 mark or lower. Then, you'll only need to do it occasionally.

The V1s had problems with an airy draw. That's been fixed by relocating and resizing the air holes. It had problems with muted taste. That's been fixed by the short wicks. The center post protruded from the connector. That's been fixed as well. They're a major improvement over the V1 and I recommend you not buy any more of them until I get 6 more.

RyanRed

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2012
California
They are terrible. Don't order any more of them until I get a chance to get more before they sell out.

Holy crap you scared me for a second! My stomach dropped when I first read that! hahahaha! I thought to myself "ohhh nooo! I goofed!!" LOL

Thanks Sailorman! You always seem to chime in with fantastic information. I appreciate you taking the time to give me some info on them. Mid next week is when I should have it :) Can't wait to try it out now!! :)

-Ryan

OnnaB

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2012
GA
I have been looking at them for awhile. I just now ordered my first ever tank (not a ViVi). The stardusts just don't clean very well, IMO. I'm WAY over any polyfill cartos.... Sailorman, the top replacement part has the coil in it? So, no extensive cleaning? I can also dig the rebuild part of this, too...I am not mechanically inclined, but these seem easy.

PS: Hoosiers has some ViVi's in stock right now...better hurry!!

sailorman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
Podunk, FLA
Yep, the coil and wick are in the replaceable head, of which you get 3 with the kit. There are a couple vids on Youtube about how to replace the wick and coil. They are demonstrating with the V1, but it's the same process with the V2.

Cleaning is nothing. Just rinse it out, dry burn the coil if it's gunked up, and refill it. Turn it upside down for a few seconds. I don't even bother drying out the wicks or anything. After a few hits, the juice takes over from the water and you're back in business.

Jason McRoy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2012
Tampa, FL
Nice. I had the chance to try one of these out today at my local vendor. They aren't carrying them yet for sale, they ordered a few to try out themselves to see if they wanted to sell them or not.

The guy at the counter has been using it the last days and he loves it. He let me try it out too. Nice flavor and vapor.

Well, if Ryanred and sailorman don't snatch them all up first I will get some too...

-Jason

RyanRed

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2012
California
Hahaha. Well I only ordered 1 set, and 1 additional head for now :)

Although by the sound of it, I might have to get 1-2 more! Would be nice to have a few of these laying around for my favorite juices ready to lock and load. But not for a few weeks anyway. I've been spending money like mad on vaping products! 200ml of different juices, my initial Kgo kit, attys, and now this :). I guess its not ALL that much, but lemmie tell ya.. Its easy to spend money on vaping! So much stuff to try out!!

sailorman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
Podunk, FLA
RYAN,,,on the other side of that coin,people are selling their VIVI's a week after they got them ,i usually see them going for 10 bucks shipped

seems these are another love-hate relationship item

Apples and oranges. The Vivi V2 is a whole other animal than the V1. If you know of any bad reviews of the V2, please let me know. I haven't seen them. All of the slamming has been on the V1. The V2 isn't just cosmetic changes and the V1 reviews are totally irrelevant.

That said, if you see V2s being sold for $10 shipped, let me know. I don't think you'll see many of those.

Last edited:

StarBest

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 8, 2012
USA
I have a lot a problem with clearomizer or tank because they cracks after 2 days. Some says because the juice containing some acid, I use a lot of cinnamon (clove) juice. Wondering if this tank wouldn't crack with this kind of juice. Would anyone suggest any tank or clearomizer that would stand this kind of juice? Thanks :p

denali_41

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2011
Over Der
Apples and oranges. The Vivi V2 is a whole other animal than the V1. If you know of any bad reviews of the V2, please let me know. I haven't seen them. All of the slamming has been on the V1. The V2 isn't just cosmetic changes and the V1 reviews are totally irrelevant. That said, if you see V2s being sold for $10 shipped, let me know. I don't think you'll see many of those.
well here is one from today http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/sale-trade/304112-us-fs-vivi-nova-tank-set.html

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    I have a lot a problem with clearomizer or tank because they cracks after 2 days. Some says because the juice containing some acid, I use a lot of cinnamon (clove) juice. Wondering if this tank wouldn't crack with this kind of juice. Would anyone suggest any tank or clearomizer that would stand this kind of juice? Thanks :p

Polypropylene Tank

otrpu

Account closed on request
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 5, 2010
    Colorado
    Is this the Vision replacement for the "Stone"? I loved the Stone, albeit it did tend to leak alittle if I flooded the cup. But, I don't see any reason at all to replace it with this thing. ViViNova is ok if you're a V V user. But, I think the straight voltage people are getting screwed on this deal. I got three different coils in my Nova package. The 1.7 coil burnt out in alittle less than two days of my regular vaping. And, I was only using 3.0v for the life of that coil. I paid $17 for the "kit". So, figure $5.66 each for three coils. On the other hand, I have to admit. . .I haven't seen one drop leak out of this thing. The tank is a throw in cause you can't use the coils without one. I don't see this marketing as a giant step forward in my book. If I were a single voltage kind of guy I'd be rather upset with gotvapes for having anything at all to do with this gimmick. JMHO

Cheers,
    otrpu

Last edited:

sailorman

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 5, 2010
    Podunk, FLA

You can get metal replacement tanks for the vivi nova for about $4. Cinnamon is going to crack any polycarbonate tank. The "Fuel tank" is made of Delrin, or you can get a glass tank like the phiniac tank.

Gotvapes is supposed to have Vivi Nova "V2.5" pretty soon. It supposed to have a tank with more polypropylene in it that won't crack. I know Vision can do it because that's what they use on the Fluxomizers and they don't crack.

sailorman

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 5, 2010
    Podunk, FLA
    Is this the Vision replacement for the "Stone"? I loved the Stone, albeit it did tend to leak alittle if I flooded the cup. But, I don't see any reason at all to replace it with this thing. ViViNova is ok if you're a V V user. But, I think the straight voltage people are getting screwed on this deal. I got three different coils in my Nova package. The 1.7 coil burnt out in alittle less than two days of my regular vaping. And, I was only using 3.0v for the life of that coil. I paid $17 for the "kit". So, figure $5.66 each for three coils. On the other hand, I have to admit. . .I haven't seen one drop leak out of this thing. The tank is a throw in cause you can't use the coils without one. I don't see this marketing as a giant step forward in my book. If I were a single voltage kind of guy I'd be rather upset with gotvapes for having anything at all to do with this gimmick. JMHO

Cheers,
    otrpu

I loved the stone as well, but this thing has it all over the Stone. You can recoil these in about 10 minutes with <$1 worth of materials. You can buy replacement heads for $3. They don't leak and, unlike the Stone, you can get replacement and metal tanks. I still have a VS3 with a fogged up tank that's going to blow pretty soon, and I'm going to be stuck with 3 sets of innards. Supposedly, Gotvapes will have colored, crack-resistant tanks as well as the metal ones for the Vivi.

I'm a VV guy, but I won't be using the 1.8ohm, or probably, the 2.4ohm. They're going to get recoiled to 3ohms.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread