Puresmoker

Status
Not open for further replies.

stephenr12

Sep 6, 2010
Spokane WA
Prodigy fan here. Ive had my V3.1 for a year now and its still my main vape. Due to the design and high quality materials, ive had no problems with it. I prefer to drip, which is awesome, but i also use the black dual coil smokteck cartos on it with a 510 extender. Kinda makes it a little big and unbalanced, but its the best carto ive found for it, even though it looks like wand out of a Harry Potter movie. Ive tried 801's, 901's 510's, 808's, egos, as well as other 6 volt mods, and this is by far my favorite. The prodigy V3.1 is the e-cig that finally, and completely got me off of cigarettes. Even though I bought mine locally from an e-cig store, I still say......kudos to Puresmoker for carrying this product. For me its the best.

echos67

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 16, 2011
Maryland, USA
Prodigy V3.1 owner here as well, I would like to know the answer to this question myself. Me being new at this I dont have alot of choices to vape with at this time, a plastic box, an ego, and the V3.1. My Prodigy just seems very solid, looks nice, and works everytime period. I am very pleased with mine as my first mod, not saying I wont buy others later :D

chainvapor

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2010
Kodak TN
I have had a prodigy v3.1 for almost a year (I think) and it has never let me down. It performs perfectly everytime. I had a Saber Touch and the switch shorted out and almost melted a pair of lifepo4 batteries. I will never use anything again that is not fully mechanical. ALL HAIL THE PRODIGY!!! I love this mod and no one will ever get it from me unless they pry it from my cold dead hand!!!!

Chainvapor :vapor::2cool:

AJMoore

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2009
Here and back
I've had both the V2 (two of them), the passthroughs (2) and now 2 Icons. The V2 had its troubles, although mechanical there were switch problems. Never had a problem with the passthroughs although I haven't hardly used them at all, have 2 in the drawer. The Icon has done it for me with the Cisco 306lr atty. I'm good, vaping on antiques according to some but good.

dansaber

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2009
rochester, NY
  • Deleted by Sam Vimes
  • Reason: Sales outside of classifieds

chainvapor

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2010
Kodak TN
A funny story about a prodigy..............My brother decided that he would try and get a used one to save some money. He bought one from someone here on the ECF for 60 dollars. It is a V3.0 instead of a V3.1. He is in NY and I am in TN so I was not able to look at it right away but he said he was having a hard time with it and that it did not work well. So just a couple of days ago he sent it to me in the mail.

The idiot who owned it before my brother did some modifications to it. Obviously that person had no clue what they were doing.

What I found was the post in the center of the connector cap was pushed down over an 1/8" from where it was supposed to be, the mod was absolutely filthy, and there was a hex cap screw in the switch end instead of a flat head brass screw, which I believe is normal for the V3.0, but someone had ground the end of the screw and it looked like a train wreck.

I took it to work (as I work in a machine shop) and took it apart. I cleaned it really good and replaced the plastic piece and screw on the switch end with a flat head brass screw and a new spring holder plastic piece. I also pressed the center post in the connector cap back into it's proper position. I then put 2 freshly charged Tenergy LifePo4 batteries in it and it now vapes like a champ.

I vaped on that baby all day Saturday and still am vaping on it today without failure. :vapor:

The moral of the story - Sometimes trying to save $25 will cost you more crap than it is worth. The prodigy is a very well built mod and is priced very reasonably. If you know someone who wants one, just tell them to buy it new.

CV :2cool:

P.S. And for heaven's sake, if you have a problem with your prodigy, let the fine folks at puresmoker.com know about it so they can help solve the problem. Do not try to modify your prodigy as you will more than likely make any small problem you are having into a much bigger problem.

Last edited:

cw37013

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
Nashville
I love Puresmoker and they are so great to work with! When I first started vaping, I went to their distribution center and they were so helpful and friendly! Just giving them a big shout out! I'm actually in the running to win their new Prodigy4. They are renaming it and had people submit new names on their forum and they have picked two of mine to be voted on! I hope I win! Not only do I get a free one but it will be MY name forever! How cool would that be?! I need more votes though for "The General" and/or "The Legend" :)

okcodemonkey

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2012
Oklahoma
www.okcodemonkey.com
I had an ICON v1.1 use with 1.5 ohm attys that I absolutely love.... One day my wife may give it back. I have a Prodigy 3.1 that I vape at 6 volt with 2.5 ohm IO6's. Absolutely love them and love knowing they will never fail me. Also have a Bud 510 from PureSmoker that I won at a vape meet And I love it as well. They make great products. I am looking forward to the next versions.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

aaron fire

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2009
Tiger Mountain
Chiming in as a Prodigy and Icon user. After starting with the cheap stuff that didn't do much for me, I looked around for an American-made tank that could survive my lack of tech savvy, and I bought the Prodigy V1. My passthrough got the most use until it died, and I worked the V1 into an early grave. At that point, the V3 was out and I got one. I liked that so much that I picked up an Icon a few weeks later. I've only ever used 801s for vaping, and it all seems to work well, and simply.
Depending on what juice I'm dripping, I switch back and forth between the two PVs, and don't feel any urgency to buy new mods, however attractive.
For me, the Prodigy and the Icon are like the Willys Jeeps of the PV world. There are Cadillacs and Ferraris and even Yugos out there, but for solid dependability, Puresmoker gives me security with minimal concerns.
Maybe one day I'll get fancy, but not today.

milo hobo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2011
Lake Charles La
i have an icon myself and just recently picked up a prodigy 3.1. i really enjoy both. im a little lost on the 3 or 6 v vaping from my prodigy ( how it works...how do i vary it? battery sizes?)
This would have been varied by using 2 rcr123 3.0 volt LiFePO4 batteries instead of 1 3.7 volt AW Lithium ICR battery. The stacked battery option is less favored now due to concerns with stacked batteries in a metal tube.

If this option is pursued, please remember:
1. This option is no longer within the recommendations of the manufacter
2. Always check each battery with a multimeter prior to vaping
3. Always check each battery after the initial vape from stacked batteries
4. Only use LiFePO4 or AW IMR batteries with a high enough C rating
5. Only use a 3.0 volt charger NOT a 3.7 volt charger.
6. If in doubt, toss the batteries.
7. Keep your batteries in a pair, don't mix up the pairs
8. Alternate the top/bottem combination of each pair.
9. Use a standard resistance atomizer/cartomizer or higher for high volt vaping.

All of this was too much for me to keep up with, so I switched back to 3.7 vaping. Other options exist now for high volt vaping that don't involve stacked batteries. Puresmoker now has the Legacy with the removable kick from evolv. This too can mimic high voltage vaping. However, YMMV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread