Reducing the nicotine level of e-liquids

Status
Not open for further replies.

gfht

Mar 30, 2012
canada
I got some e-liquid with a high nicotine level. I feel sick, and think I actually gave myself nicotine poisoning or something last night. I was getting panic attacks and felt awful.

I paid a decent amount of money for this, and it would take two weeks for another order to arrive, so this is all I have for now.

What I want to know is, is there anyway to dilute the e-liquid I have so that I'm ingesting a lower level of nicotine in each puff?

Huffelpuff

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2011
Philadelphia Burbs
You can dilute the nicotine juice with VG or PG or both. One of them is available at Walmart or CVS - believe that it's the PG - I'm sure someone will come along soon w/ more suggestions and information.

May I ask what mg strength you purchased? Maybe if you post that people can make suggestions for best way to dilute. It wouldn't hurt to take a look at the DIY section for safety in handling the nicotine. It is absorbed through your skin and, at some strengths, may require some precautions on your part to avoid a repeat of your illness.

Best of luck!

gfht

Mar 30, 2012
canada
You can dilute the nicotine juice with VG or PG or both. One of them is available at Walmart or CVS - believe that it's the PG - I'm sure someone will come along soon w/ more suggestions and information.

May I ask what mg strength you purchased? Maybe if you post that people can make suggestions for best way to dilute. It wouldn't hurt to take a look at the DIY section for safety in handling the nicotine. It is absorbed through your skin and, at some strengths, may require some precautions on your part to avoid a repeat of your illness.

Best of luck!

I choose the 25mg option when I bought it. 80/20 PG/VG.

I don't have vegetable glycerin on hand, but I'm sure I can buy some at the health food store. Out of curiosity, would commercial vegetable oil work? Also, after i dilute it, are there any precautions for storage? Do I have to put it into a glass bottle, or will a plastic container work?

Thanks.

teamscon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2012
NC
Im having the same issue. Baught some juice that just says "medium/high" for nic level and no number.
I am just smoking less of it until I get used to it. Luckily I have other lower juices but if I smoke too much of it I feel like crap also. Have a tad of that feeling now btw lol. Not a great feeling. Too much nic is horrible. Stuff is dangerous if you keep going I would guess.

I HAD to start with 11mg nic for about a week, then was able to use my 18mg juice more. Sort of weird considering I smoked 1 1/2 - 2packs a day. I guess liquid nic is more potent or so. Ive never felt as sick off cigs as I did on too high of nic juice.

X P3 Flight Engineer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2012
Moncton, N.B. Canada
DO NOT USE ANY OIL TO DILUTE WITH!!!

VG glycerine can be purchased at any Bulk Barn in Canada. It is with the food coloring and flavorings. (their Lorann flavorings can also be used for DIY e-juice if you wish to try that in the future).

I understand you have 80/20 PG/VG juice that is 25mg/ml nicotine strength. If that is the case you can dilute 7 ml of your juice with 3 ml of VG to get (approx) 18mg/ml strength liquid

or

mix equal parts of your juice with VG to get (approx) 12mg/ml strength juice. It may be a little thick but it can be thinned if you have a problem with it.

Take Care and Play Safe!

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
I don't have vegetable glycerin on hand, but I'm sure I can buy some at the health food store. Out of curiosity, would commercial vegetable oil work?

NO!!!!!!!!!... unless by "work" you mean to kill yourself.

And unless you're sure you have the right stuff, I'd rather see you go back to the cigs for two weeks while waiting for your order in the mail, than vape the wrong stuff. If you're ordering different juice anyway, order some PG and VG to have on hand. Do the math so you know quanties that you'll need to cut however much you have down to whatever level you want.

Last edited:

X P3 Flight Engineer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2012
Moncton, N.B. Canada
If you buy pg or vg you need to make sure it is usp grade..........the kind you get from walmart or cvs is probably not usp grade. The non usp grade is meant for lotions etc...

The VG sold by Bulk Barn is food grade, the same as all the flavorings that are used in all the e-juices.

If you have concerns about this you should only vape USP grade PG, unflavored and without nicotine, since nicotine is not a pharmaceutical and is not available in USP grade.

Also, anything USP grade that has been re-bottled by a vendor is no longer USP grade.

mol

ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2011
pittsburgh pa
The VG sold by Bulk Barn is food grade, the same as all the flavorings that are used in all the e-juices.

If you have concerns about this you should only vape USP grade PG, unflavored and without nicotine, since nicotine is not a pharmaceutical and is not available in USP grade.

Also, anything USP grade that has been re-bottled by a vendor is no longer USP grade.
laws are different . nic is available in the states as USP pharm grade. Is for sale on the net. What I cant seam to find is PG/VG pharm grade.

Mroutlaw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2012
Deerfield Beach, Florida
www.
I choose the 25mg option when I bought it. 80/20 PG/VG.

I don't have vegetable glycerin on hand, but I'm sure I can buy some at the health food store. Out of curiosity, would commercial vegetable oil work? Also, after i dilute it, are there any precautions for storage? Do I have to put it into a glass bottle, or will a plastic container work?

Thanks.

No, you can't use vegetable oil. Go to cvs or rite aide. You will find a glycerine USB in the isle that has facial cleaners. Its in a clear 4oz bottle

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

X P3 Flight Engineer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2012
Moncton, N.B. Canada
When you dilute your pre mixed juice with pg / vg, does it dilute the flavor too?

Yes it does. Some people get 2 bottles of the same flavor juice, one in high nic and one with lower or no nic, so that they can adjust the nicotine content without losing flavor. I actually like subtle flavors, so I don't mind losing a little flavor sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread