Will the smoke from a E cig stain walls and other things like clothes ect?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Medieval Barber

ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2012
Pennsylvania
I don't know why it would, the Propylene Glycerine in it is used medical grade inhalers which makes vapor. the rest of it is just water like a humidifier there is nicotine exhaled but in minimal amounts . Does any one else have any opinions. I have vaped for about two weeks and my house already smells better. Anyone else have any inputs?

Last edited:

sailorman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
Podunk, FLA
No. It won't stain things. You don't need to open windows and such. Because it's vapor, not smoke. Vapor won't make things smelly either.

Try this test: Blow your vapor through a white handkerchief or napkin.
What do you see? Nothing. Try that with a cigarette. No! Wait! Don't. Cuz you're a non-smoker now. Just take my word for it. It' isn't pretty.

Last edited:

grego66

ECF Veteran
Jun 10, 2012
Nevada
I smoked analogs outside and so to keep the habit aspect during the transition to E.Cigs I took my E.Cig outside when I wanted to vape. Recently though I have been vaping more indoors and I have noticed a smell but it's not an offensive smell.

That smell's strength is dependent on the juice but I don't think it is thick enough to stain or tan the walls etc. as the vapour soon dissipates and doesn't hang.

sailorman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
Podunk, FLA
VG will eventually stain the walls,,vape 100VG using the same tip for a week,,,it will scare you and gross you out what comes out of the tip !! i am now at least 80% PG..mostly 100% now

What comes out of the tip is not what comes out of your mouth in the vapor. VG from vapor will not stain the walls. VG is broken down and absorbed in your body just like PG is. What you see in the tip is a mixture of saliva, contents of the vapor and raw juice, not the result of contact with the vapor you exhale. What goes in is not the same as what comes out.

Roxxette

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 4, 2012
Caribbean
VG will eventually stain the walls,,vape 100VG using the same tip for a week,,,it will scare you and gross you out what comes out of the tip !! i am now at least 80% PG..mostly 100% now

If you dont clean the condensation on your drip tips plus the saliva some "nasty" gunk is going to build in

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

sailorman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
Podunk, FLA
VG is a humectant. What you're seeing on your car windows is almost entirely water from the air. VG is colorless. Something colorless can't stain anything. The tiny quantity of VG that escapes your body in the water vapor may attach to your windshield where it continues to attract and hold moisture from the air. Sorry. VG does not stain anything. And it will not "hang in the air". I vaped 100% VG for well over a year and there is no way in the world that anything hung in the air like tobacco smoke, let alone for 30 minutes. I don't know what you're vaping, but if it's hanging in the air for 30 minutes, it isn't VG. Very little of that even escapes your mouth. It is a natural fat and, just like PG, is almost entirely metabolized.

denali_41

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2011
Over Der
back in nov 12011 at Oliktok PT ,Alaska,,that is in the arctic,,i was working in a somewhat heated conx by myself,,temp inside was just under 60 degrees,,outside was minus 60,,,,after awhile i noticed a haze of smoke inside the entire conx,,WTF ?? nobody else has been in here in a more then a hour and i don't smoke ?? then it dawned on me it was my vapin

so i stopped vapin for more the 30 mins,,,the cloud was still there after 30 mins,,,this is a fact that i have seen with my eyes and i know to be true,,this can be re-created very easily by just about anybody that doubts what i have said ,,

if i have seen this,you can believe there are others,

denali_41

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2011
Over Der
What comes out of the tip is not what comes out of your mouth in the vapor. VG from vapor will not stain the walls. VG is broken down and absorbed in your body just like PG is. What you see in the tip is a mixture of saliva, contents of the vapor and raw juice, not the result of contact with the vapor you exhale. What goes in is not the same as what comes out.

get two identical white drip tips ,,vape 100% VG for one week,,then use the other tip and vape 100% PG for a week

then compare the two tips,,i have already seen the difference

HawkeyeFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2012
Clermont, FL
I smoked analogs outside and so to keep the habit aspect during the transition to E.Cigs I took my E.Cig outside when I wanted to vape. Recently though I have been vaping more indoors and I have noticed a smell but it's not an offensive smell.

I did the same for the first few days. But we're going into the hot season in Florida, so the fact that I can keep my tuchus inside now when I need my nic is a good thing I think. :) I do still get outside, but just in different ways. Need to start walking more, but I get home from work so late most nights (around midnight) that I just don't feel all that ideal about walking alone that late. Not a bad neighborhood, but still.

sailorman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
Podunk, FLA
You were seeing water vapor, not VG. VG is metabolized and absorbed by your body. Look it up or ask a biologist.
And again, what is emitted by your atomizer, before it enters your body, is not the same as what comes out of your mouth when you exhale. It doesn't matter to your walls or windshield what VG is like when it's traveling through your drip tip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread