Just started Green Smart Living e-cig

Status
Not open for further replies.

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
You really don't want this product. You can do so much better than this product. Remember:

Rule of Thumb: in "general", the more it looks like the real thing, the worse the performance.

If you MUST have a cig look-a-like model and you are a light smoker (12 or less a day), then get the Volt. Probably the best of the mini models.

Otherwise, look at some good beginner models such as the Kgo 510 or E-Power 510. These are the size of a sharpie pen and will give you about 6 hours of vaping time on a charge. The one you picked will give you 45 minutes to an hour on a charge. Here are some good suppliers:

E-Power Chrome Dual Coil Cartomizer Kit

KGO Mega Dual Coil Kit 1100mah

X P3 Flight Engineer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2012
Moncton, N.B. Canada
You really don't want this product. You can do so much better than this product. Remember:

Rule of Thumb: in "general", the more it looks like the real thing, the worse the performance.

If you MUST have a cig look-a-like model and you are a light smoker (12 or less a day), then get the Volt. Probably the best of the mini models.

Otherwise, look at some good beginner models such as the Kgo 510 or E-Power 510. These are the size of a sharpie pen and will give you about 6 hours of vaping time on a charge. The one you picked will give you 45 minutes to an hour on a charge. Here are some good suppliers:

E-Power Chrome Dual Coil Cartomizer Kit

KGO Mega Dual Coil Kit 1100mah

Good advice!

Not to mention the cost of buying pre-filled cartos. It can be done this way, but it's very expensive compared to having your own juice.

exsmkr

Jun 14, 2012
Colorasdo
Hey everyone,
I just started smoking the Green Smart Living e-cig as a way to try and quit. I plan on starting at the full nicotine cartridges, then go down to the low nicotine, and finally to the zero nicotine cartridges. Is there anyone out there who smoke or have smoked the Green Smart Living e-cig? What was your experience with it?

I've been using this product since Oct of 2011 and haven't touched a real cig since. Was down to low nic the 1st month and now do zeros most of the time. I've only burnt out one battery unit in that time well past warranty but the helpful rep cut me a deal on my new one. I really can't say enough good about this handy unit. I'm not sure I'd have been able quit smoking completely without it! (I'm one of those guys that only smoked when I'm having drinks). This product line is realistically priced, has multiple flavors, (none of which tasted awful like many others tried), and has a great nicotine reduction options for their cartridges (filters) down to "0". The company gives back % of profit to the American Lung Association, recycles their used cartridges and has a superior business ethic if you're planning to sell the product from your store. You can spend a wad sampling all the brands out there or just go with what works. Who's rule of thumb was he talking about? C'mon, do you really want to puff on a "sharpie", really? To your good health!

wmjmr03

ECF Veteran
Jun 3, 2012
nuneaton uk
First good on you for trying to quit dont give in
you will find that the Cig a likes are good starts but many many find that after a few weeks its just (fiddly) charge drain charge drain charge etc then the day comes charge charge no batt left charged followed by the rapid onset of looking for a real ciggy around the house the 1100mah batt in kit suggested will see you right plus if you get the refilables the flavours are just about unlimited my good lady has found a flavour that has replaced her tobbaco flavour longing so go for a good kit you can personalize and keep off the ciggys :p

Ghostrider

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2012
Afghanistan
I've been using this product since Oct of 2011 and haven't touched a real cig since. Was down to low nic the 1st month and now do zeros most of the time. I've only burnt out one battery unit in that time well past warranty but the helpful rep cut me a deal on my new one. I really can't say enough good about this handy unit. I'm not sure I'd have been able quit smoking completely without it! (I'm one of those guys that only smoked when I'm having drinks). This product line is realistically priced, has multiple flavors, (none of which tasted awful like many others tried), and has a great nicotine reduction options for their cartridges (filters) down to "0". The company gives back % of profit to the American Lung Association, recycles their used cartridges and has a superior business ethic if you're planning to sell the product from your store. You can spend a wad sampling all the brands out there or just go with what works. Who's rule of thumb was he talking about? C'mon, do you really want to puff on a "sharpie", really? To your good health!
So you registered on ECF to reply to this specific post thats 2 months old? Sounds like you are the seller of this product, especially the way you worded your post, nice try though trying to make that garbage of an ecig look good.

comeonhitme

ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2012
tampa bay
joshu,

good for you for wanting to quit smoking analogs. i guess any e cig is better than a real one, but there are seriously a ton of dependable brands that i think you would be more happy with. when i first started looking for e cigs i found a good website that you can compare and review brands called: ecigarettes365.com

maybe green smart is good for you but there are alot better options out there, maybe for even less money than your spending now. and plus with many good reliable nrands you have a ton of options, flavors, customizations, etc etc

filter

ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2012
California
So you registered on ECF to reply to this specific post thats 2 months old? Sounds like you are the seller of this product, especially the way you worded your post, nice try though trying to make that garbage of an ecig look good.

i am also a newb but not a rep for this company. i just wanted to weigh in. i tried 2 disposables (one of them the name ended in "sigs", dont know what the other one was called, both were garbage) then this green smart living intro pack (1 stick, 2 carts, 1 usb charger). its the only one ive tried that wasnt complete garbage. i was going to get a $50-$70 green or apollo starter kit online but this one was only $20 and i didnt have to order it and wait for it to arrive. anyway i found this forum by searching "green smart living review". im sure there are a dozen brands that are better than this one but for $20 and no waiting im pretty happy with it in every regard. i may still go for a green/apollo/volt starter pack but for now this one is doing the trick. the disposable ones were supposed to be equal to a pack or two of traditional cigs and lasted about as long as two cigarettes. complete waste. this one is still going strong on the first cartridge and i have a back up cartridge still sealed. anyway like i said i am a newb and any advice would be appreciated. i do agree that i prefer it look and feel like a real cig, rather than a sharpie but am open to suggestions as to a good starter kit from another company. i'll probably keep this one as a backup because the refills are nearby in case im waiting for an internet order to come in. also, any suggestions as to brick and mortar places that have good deals on ecigs? im in southern california. thanks. :)

filter

ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2012
California
just grabbed a 5 pack of cartridges for $12.99 from a local smoke shop. they aren't the best but they are keeping me off cigs until my volt pack arrives. the nic level is decent, the vap is good. i'd say the only downside is it needs usb charging too often. anyway if anyone needs an ecig to bridge the gap until the goodies arrive in the mail, i would recommend these. $19.99 for (1) stick, (2) carts and (1) usb charger, then $12.99 per 5 pack of refills.

mooreted

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 10, 2011
California
Hey everyone,
I just started smoking the Green Smart Living e-cig as a way to try and quit. I plan on starting at the full nicotine cartridges, then go down to the low nicotine, and finally to the zero nicotine cartridges. Is there anyone out there who smoke or have smoked the Green Smart Living e-cig? What was your experience with it?

That was my first e-cig as well. Actually, they aren't that bad, but the cartomizer is proprietary so it's difficult to buy cheaper and better parts for them. You might want to check the Volt from Smokeless Image.

filter

ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2012
California
That was my first e-cig as well. Actually, they aren't that bad, but the cartomizer is proprietary so it's difficult to buy cheaper and better parts for them. You might want to check the Volt from Smokeless Image.

ya its my first non-disposable while waiting for my volt kit to arrive. they arent great but theyre easy to find, fairly cheap and better than smoking.

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
Ghostrider, NGIB thousands of people quit using 510 mini cigs every day. Some people quit smoking and then quit vaping in less than a year, on those.

Sometimes posters revive old topics. We have no way of knowing how long somebody reads here before they actually join or post for the first time. Maybe they finally run across a topic that "resonates" with them, and that makes them decide to post.

Calling out new members as trolls and plants doesn't seem very welcoming. :blink:

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
i found this forum by searching "green smart living review"............ i do agree that i prefer it look and feel like a real cig, rather than a sharpie

Well it might not be the most economical or good vaping product out there, but those search words brought you here, so.....I guess that's a win/win.

You'll learn a LOT here, even if you do prefer an ecig that looks like an analog. People quit using minis, and people quit using mods as big as a rolling pin. :) I don't think it really matters. :)

filter

ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2012
California
i agree that reviving a topic has nothing to do with trying to push the product. i also revived it after 2 months and i am in no way endorsing it, just saying its barely getting me by while i wait for something better to arrive in the mail. as far as exsmkr being a rep for the company, its hard to say. he did only make one post and yapped about how great the company is so its possible. on the other hand, he may just be enthusiastic about finding an ecig that worked for him. i think the former is more likely but who's to say.

Dominicanto

ECF Veteran
Jun 10, 2012
New York City
It's been almost three months for me (still a baby in the game) and we can't be too hard on folks starting out for going the analog-look-a-like route. Hell, if it wasn't for the Blu at the BP gas station I bought right before my daughter was born, I'd still be smelling like an ash tray.

Was the Blu disposable great - no (though I hear it's better than the Blu in the official "kits"... Weird). Was my ProSmoke (m40x mini) great - not in the least (almost went back to analogs because of it). And what about the EonSmoke that is sold in seemingly every corner store in New York City (that's a LOT of corners) - meh, could've been worse, but I'm sure I'd gag today if I tried vaping one of their cartos. But all of it got me off the stinkies, led me to ECF (cue the angelic choir and ray of light breaking through the storm clouds) and here I am trying to rebuild a coil for a Penelope! Let's hope the OP did a bit more digging around in ECF and was shown the "light" before making his/her intended purchase.

Unless we were guided or introduced to "proper" ecigs by a friend or family member, let's not forget our humble beginnings and how difficult it was to make our first choices the right choices. I spent two Provaris worth of bad decisions until I finally got around to making good ones and I'm betting most of us here did, too.

filter

ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2012
California
agreed. plus i for one have only been smoking cigs for about 18 months and the first 6 months was just here and there so only about a year of full on smoking. i did smoke earlier in life but went 7 years without a single cig until 18 months ago. so for someone like me, i may not even want to get too deep into vaping, it may just be a bridge to gap until i dont consume nicotine. so getting the latest and greatest isnt for everyone anyways. getting a good value is important to everyone though so regardless it is frustrating to throw money at fly by night cheap chinese producers who lie about their products. either way having a good resource like ECF is good for anyone vaping for that reason alone.

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
Hi filter - hopefully you'll enjoy the Volts. I enjoy mine. SI also do a bigger Volt X2 - so if you do want to upgrade to a sharpie pen you can still use all your Volt stuff with them. I tried other ecigs before Volts - one brand did work well and I was happy with the flavor I vaped. But they were expensive, and proprietary threaded (an obscure thread, hard to get any stuff for it).
Oftentimes that's an issue with some brands - not compatible with anything else, or over priced. And there are some rip offs out there. I won't go into great details about my first super mini (super micro - so tiny) with cartos that were $35 for a pack of 5. It kept me off cigs tho, while I looked for something better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread