breathing problems from blu ecigs..help!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cowboysfanzz

Jun 15, 2012
boise idaho
I recently bought a blu starter kit which the cartomizers have usp glycerin. It seems it makes my chest feel like someone sitting on my chest and i feel the need to take a deep breath but i just cant get the deep breath i am trying to get. I went to er and dr said i should go back to smoking analoges. But no i dont want to. My throat feels fine and i get no rashes or anything. Please help me do i switch to 100% pg liquid?

Beans

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Missoula Montana
Bummer, it sounds like the Blu cartos your using may have some cheap juice in them. I'd personally try ordering from a different vendor, something PG based and see how that goes for you. I mix all of my own juices now so I can be sure I'm getting a quality product. I hope things turn around for you soon. There is lots of great info on this forum and someone always willing to help. Please don't give up yet :)

lotsoffish

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2012
Buffalo, New York
I went to er and dr said i should go back to smoking analoges. But no i dont want to.

I would GO BACK to the ER and get that doctor to put that in writing that way when you are dying of lung cancer you can SUE HIM and at least live comfortably during your last days on Earth.

In all seriousness I also think you probably outta speak with your regular doctor regarding this. If vaping sent me to the ER I certainly wouldn't feel comfortable doing any more experimenting with it at home.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
I could never vape 100% VG because it has a similar effect on me.
I use 80/20 or 70/30 ratios (PG/VG) and that works much better for me.

You can get juices at those ratios from a lot of places, so I would not recommend any one place in particular.
Just make sure before you buy any juices from anywhere else that you know the PG/VG ratio.
:)

You can also get 100% PG juices from a number of places too.
But if you do that you are going to have a lot less vapor.

Mroutlaw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2012
Deerfield Beach, Florida
www.
I would just get some new blank 306 cartomizers and some juice.

Boge 306 Cartomizer - 5 Pack

EJuice

Edit: The cartomizers I linked are about 2 ohm. I'm not sure the blu battery could handle those. Need to find one around 3.0ohm (SR) somewhere.

I am no fan of the blu because their customer device is horrible, it's very expensive and the battery doesn't last long but if you are going to stick with them refill your own juice.

I would not refill the blu cartos. I recently took one apart and they are a sticky mess. The juice the use is so thick. Now I know why their cartos burn so easily. The juice can not wick into the filler fast enough.

The blu uses a 510 connection. Get some 510 connection 3.0ohm blank cartos and fill them. You should be able to get at least 10 refills on them do long as you don't burn them. But remember, the more vg in the juice, the thicker, the shorter the lifespan of the carto

wseyller

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2012
Hendersonville NC
I am no fan of the blu because their customer device is horrible, it's very expensive and the battery doesn't last long but if you are going to stick with them refill your own juice.

I would not refill the blu cartos. I recently took one apart and they are a sticky mess. The juice the use is so thick. Now I know why their cartos burn so easily. The juice can not wick into the filler fast enough.

The blu uses a 510 connection. Get some 510 connection 3.0ohm blank cartos and fill them. You should be able to get at least 10 refills on them do long as you don't burn them. But remember, the more vg in the juice, the thicker, the shorter the lifespan of the carto

Blu is not quite 510. They are 306 which has the same threads as a 510. Both will work, but the 510 carto will be a slightly larger diameter than the blu battery.

Also since a 510 carto is slightly larger diameter I don't know if it they fit good in the pcc or not. I have hear of others using 306 on their blu and they confirmed it fit well in the pcc.

Last edited:

klstreet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2012
Interlochen, MI
I cant vape juices with high VG, it does the same to me, I feel like I cant breath, my arms hurt my head hurts etc etc. any thing more than 30% VG I cant vape, I like the throatr hit of PG anyway so it doesnt bother me much.

As far as wanting to stick with blu, any 306 cartomizers will work on it, so you can keep your case and your battery

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
I found some 306 cartomizers for your blu.

Boge Blank 306 Soft Tip Cartomizers - Avid Vaper

You want the 2.8 ohm, NOT the 2.0 ohm. I've read that you shouldn't use 2.0 ohm cartomizers on batteries less than 450mah.
And it looks like the 2.8 ohm would be an improvement on your Blu cartomizers...
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...question-about-ohm-rating-blu-cartomizer.html

According to that thread, it seems the Blu cartomizers are generally at least 3.0 ohms, if not higher.
No wonder they are so weak.

Mroutlaw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2012
Deerfield Beach, Florida
www.
I found some 306 cartomizers for your blu.

Boge Blank 306 Soft Tip Cartomizers - Avid Vaper

You want the 2.8 ohm, NOT the 2.0 ohm. I've read that you shouldn't use 2.0 ohm cartomizers on batteries less than 450mah.

Definitely do not got below 2.4ohm, you will fry the battery. The difference in minutes available is not much between the 2.8 and 3.0, but do not go lower. Even a 2.6ohm will reduce the battery life by a 1/3. Blu says the small battery is 90mah and operates around 3.7, but can go between 3.4-4.2. Using the average of 3.7, the 3.0 and 2.8 will give you just over 4 minutes of actual vaping (90 puffs). A carto at 2.6 will bring it down to 3 minutes of vaping (60 puffs).

All cartos will have a range. (2.4-2.6, 2.6-2.8, 2.8-3.0. Make sure you get a carto that is in the 2.8-3.0 range. If you do that, you won't notice any decrease in battery performance

charmed412

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 5, 2010
constant state of confusion
Some of us have sensitive lungs. I have been vaping for almost 2 years and in the last 6 months issues with my lungs have developed that I didn't have when I started vaping. In all fairness, some of my issues are side effects of medications I take for cancer and seizures. I also have immune system issues that contribute to what I can and can not vape.
My symptoms are coughing, shortness and breath, and the elephant on the chest.
My fiance and I have done many "experiments" to figure out what I can vape and what I can't. We are in the middle of another one now.
At this point I know that my symptoms are caused by any VG higher than 50% and possibly menthol. We tested hardware possibilities first. We are finding that I am also sensitive to certain vendors and certain flavorings. This past week I have put all of my beloved bakery flavors away and am only vaping fruit flavors and fruit combos from one vendor. It has been going well but the new one I tried yesterday gave me problems so there is a flavoring in it that bothers me.

Like every thing in vaping...it is subjective and different for every individual. Switch to a higher PG juice from a quality vendor and see what happens. Keep trying to find what works for you. In vaping, unlike cigs, there are so many possibilities that I am sure you will find something that will keep you vaping

Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread