Vape Friendly Airlines

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I figured since we have a list of vape friendly airports, why not create a list of airlines that are vape friendly as well?

Please post here the names of airlines that you have openly vaped on.

If you have received conflicting information from the flight crew (One crew says you can, another says you cant) Please post that here as well.

Safe travels everyone!

I have vaped openly on Aer Lingus, Air India, Kuwait Airways, United Airlines, and KLM Royal Dutch Airlines.

Please note that there were a few United flights I took where I was asked not to vape at all, and a few where I was asked to simply vape in the lav. I have found that the majority of the issues I had while flying United were on Trans Pacific and Trans Atlantic flights.

Safe Travels!

• Agree
Reactions: Nine Nine

SpaceCadet

ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2009
Scotland
If you hold your vape...........you can vape anywhere without exhaling vapor..
Until you cough and it escapes everywhere, visible to all. Happened to me. Luckily only my boyfriend noticed - I think!

The only officially vape friendly airline I know of is Ryanair. Otherwise a horrid, mean airline, but I love them for selling and allowing the in-flight use of e-cigs.

bizzyb0t

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2009
Denver CO, USA
twitter.com
I vaped openly on Denver-based Frontier Airlines, both ways from Denver to Las Vegas and back again. I vaped by the gate in both cities as well. I asked the gate stewards and they said that e-cigs are allowed because they don't cause anyone a major disturbance.

On the flight, I got lots of questions but no one was mad at me :D

It felt great.

2e3onbt.jpg

Last edited:

testerjtester

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2009
Seattle, WA
I flew American Airlines recently and they actually have a paragraph in their inflight mag "rules" section that specifically prohibits the use of e-cigs onboard. (jerks...:D).

Not the answer I was hoping for with an American flight to Chicago coming up next week, but thanks for posting this... at least now I know.

Great idea for a thread, RIA!

Tim

Last edited:

chief druid

ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2009
north wales U.K.
too lazy to read entire thread .. and i'm in greece on an pay as you go poota in greece so i'll be brief ..... flew over with thomson and it specifically states in their brochure that your not to use electronic cigarettes .... but the janty stick hides so well in my fist it was so easy to hide it hahahahaha 4 hgour flight and it was the first since getting an e cig ... easiest and most relaxed flight i've ever had ... waaaa

Martin2277

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2009
Tempe, AZ
A smoke detector is only a device that measures the about of particulates in the air. Smoke has dark heavy particulates that will set off the detector and cause an alarm. Vapor is just mist and will most likely not cause the detector to detect anything. I would not recommend blowing your vapor directly at the smoke detector but it should not be able to see the vapor. You can always test on you home smoke detector. I would warn everyone about one thing, we have used FOG machines in gymnasiums to test smoke detectors in the past but the about of FOG needed was much more then our PV's produce.
I have been in the Fire Alarm businesses for about 14 years but I have never seen the specks on the airline smoke detectors.

mm

13ways

ECF Veteran
Jun 27, 2009
Orlando, FL
I remember reading someone say they blew directly into the smoke detector on a flight and it went off. I dont know how true that is, not to call the person a lier, and I dont remember if it was just someone else saying they read it but just in case I wouldnt blow it directly into the smoke detector. Discretion is key when it comes to vapes on a plane. Last thing you want is Samuel L. Jackson yelling "I'm tired of these mother f'ing vapes on this mother f'ing plane." sorry I couldnt help myself.

ECS-Mike

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 1, 2009
Florida
www.ecigshoponline.com
I had a couple customers ask me about vaping on airplanes and it would seem to me that what is going to freak out a flight attendant or more importantly, the people who are checking you before you get on the plane is going to be finding a small electronic device.

It LOOKS like something kind of devious to someone who is looking for devious things.

The Wiz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2009
Whiskeyville USA
KLM Royal Dutch, Air France, and Northwest Airlines all allow vaping.
Wow...That is great news..I am flying Northwest next week. Also has anyone had any issues with taking a device like the Prodigy packed in their check in luggage? Just wondering what it looks like when scanned....sorry I am not a frequent flyer!!:)The Wiz!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread