Catskill Mountain Vapor

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recieved my 4oz order from Catskill yesterday and decided to post this review after vaping for a day. I ordered the Cherry Cola 36mg 100%VG. Upon first opening the bottle, the cherry smell is there. Didn't smell any cola. Using a fresh Bauway 510 XL CE2 Clearamzer, I loaded it up and started vaping. The cherry taste is there in the vapor, but still don't taste cola. (to be honest, I have noticed blended flavors usually need steeping. So I will put this away for a little while to let it blend). The cherry taste is like having a cherry life saver in your mouth.
The vapor produced from the liquid is great. Plenty of vapor.
The throth hit seems normal to me which is a little light. (I need a BIG TH, this is my preference and usually I have to do without or fix the juice to get the big TH.)
The juice seems just a slight bit thin to me for 100%VG, but works well in my clearamizers, so not a big problem.

Now overall, the price for this ejuice can't be beat and the quality seems to be top notch. As for the flavor, being newly made, I will have to wait to see if the cola comes out, but as far as the cherry, I will have to order a bottle of just cherry. That cherry taste is spot on. I will be ordering more from Catskill.
Can't wait to try his other flavors.

4oz Cherry Cola 36mg 100% VG

Appearance : 100
TH : 85
Taste : 75 (Only bc I can't taste the cola) Cherry Taste : 100
Vapor : 100

billherbst

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2010
Columbia, Missouri
www.billherbst.com
OK, so it's Tasty Vapor wholesale. I'm still confused.

The same price ($15.50) for a 30ml bottle of nicquid as for a 120ml bottle of the same nicquid? Why would anyone ever order only a 30ml bottle then, if you can get four times that amount for the same price? I don't get it.

You have to register to checkout, and a Company, web site, and Tax Number are all required fields. Passer, how did you work around that?

Have you tried their Tobacco juice? When I first started vaping natural extract tobaccos way back when, I read some review threads on ECF about the Tasty Vapor Tobacco made from a maceration process, and the consensus was not good. Now I read that Tasty Vapor Tobacco has WTA in it. Is the Catskill Mountain wholesale version the same? Does it actually contain WTA? Doesn't say anything about that on the ordering page.

Lethalp

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 29, 2011
Indiana
I don't know if it has wta bill, but the owner says that he has the juice priced that way to keep it affordable because vendors make such a high percentage of money from overpricing eliquid. I asked the same question myself. Also not sure it needs mentioned but the owner has beenbanned from ecf, nu vapor, vapers forum and vapetron. He does however have a thread on the Aussie vapors, or is it vapers, forum. If u have questions he would proli answer them there.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Briar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2009
A fool on the hill in Deposit, NY
Is it improper to ask why he's been banned?

I don't know if it has wta bill, but the owner says that he has the juice priced that way to keep it affordable because vendors make such a high percentage of money from overpricing eliquid. I asked the same question myself. Also not sure it needs mentioned but the owner has beenbanned from ecf, nu vapor, vapers forum and vapetron. He does however have a thread on the Aussie vapors, or is it vapers, forum. If u have questions he would proli answer them there.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

billherbst

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2010
Columbia, Missouri
www.billherbst.com
Well, I don't know if the guy is a poor, misunderstood victim who ran into some bad luck on the forums or something decidedly less savory, but it's all a moot point to me, since I'm not a business and don't have a tax number, so I can't register to place an order. Just as well, probably.

I don't much like Virginia tobacco flavor in nicquids, so a Virginia-Burley-Oriental blend probably wouldn't please me.

kookycole

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2012
Newark, OH
I just want to add that I wouldn't feel comfortable with the safety of someone who is blind making my juice. I'm still not quite clear on how he ensures that he is getting the right nicotine levels. I also watched a video of him making the juice, and there was no sanitary precautions that I could see. I couldn't help but cringe when he touched the inside of the mixing container with his bare hand or stirred the juice with an implement that was laying on his table. I like to imagine that there are at least some sanitary precautions taken by the people who are making my juice. Not even to mention the concerns that come up if you do a google search of the owner's name (Richard Goddeau).

billherbst

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2010
Columbia, Missouri
www.billherbst.com
I completely agree with ripple, but if u still wanna try bill all u have to do is put n/a in any of the spaces that don't apply to u to register on his site. It will go through without all those high profile numbers, but something has to be in the blank or it won't register, hth

Thanks, Lethalp,

The combination of the juice itself (I don't much like Virginia tobacco flavors), plus the cumulative info and opinions on this thread have closed the door for me on Catskill Mountain. Doesn't seem like a good risk to throw 20 bucks at (or whatever the cost of 4 oz. would be with shipping).

Briar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2009
A fool on the hill in Deposit, NY
Oh. Ok. Googled. Watched the video. Sort of lost most of my curiosity - the sight of his fingers in the beaker sorta bothered me. I have no doubt a blind man could make juice - that's not a problem. I just don't see a reason why he shouldn't be wearing gloves while making the stuff I'm going to inhale. And apparently he has no clue that he should be doing that, or, else, he wouldn't be filming it.

All the other stuff wasn't too attractive either.

Lethalp

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 29, 2011
Indiana
I am glad that u guys went the extra step and watched him make the juice for yourselves. But I have to tell u, the fact that he is blind and makes juice without wearing gloves is really only a small drop in the bucket when it comes to the kind of issues dealing with this company causes.

I am just glad some of u have been saved from having to deal with any of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread