What is the best 510 atomizer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

genelman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2012
Fairfax, Virginia
and what is the difference between bridge and bridgless atomizer? which one is better for dripping different juices? which is easier to clean? cost is not an issue here as long as it is the best, I am willing to pay more for better quality and longevity!

Also, I would appreciate it if you can post the web site to where I can buy the atomizer from.
I have a Provari and would like to start dripping.

Last edited:

KickServe

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2012
colorado
and what is the difference between bridge and bridgless atomizer? which one is better for dripping different juices? which is easier to clean? cost is not an issue here as long as it is the best, I am willing to pay more for better quality and longevity!

Also, I would appreciate it if you can post the web site to where I can buy the atomizer from.
I have a Provari and would like to start dripping.

HH357 is the best atomizer money can buy - atleast for me. You can buy them from Avid vapor. Go through Hanna's videos on the product page for more info on them.

I use the custom 2.5 ohm longbarrels(which takes about 2 weeks to get) for my VG stuff and it produces huge amounts of vapor and the best flavor of all atties and carts I have tried. I use quick sharp draws and HH 357s are perfect for them. They last a very long time as well.

six

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
under the blue sky
How come? bad rep or something?

What they sell is not intended to be used with e-juice and further discussion of what they intend it for is against the forum rules.

As to good attys:

I didn't have such good luck with my AVA. It's hit and miss - two or three awesome, flavorful drags followed by sometimes no flavor and not much vapor for a drag or two and then a couple of good ones followed by a bad one... and on and on like that. I'll be all over it when they make a revision 2. I think they have it almost right. At least close enough to right that I'm willing to buy again as soon as they tweak it a little.

That leaves the cisco hh.357 and the ikenvape i06. Both spectacular vapes. For dripping or top feeding, the hh.357 is the best of the best. Excellent flavor reproduction and nice warm, thick vapor. For dripping and bottom feeding the i06 produces similar vapor but can't quite match the hh.357 in flavor (though it does come pretty close). Longevity is the other big deal for high-end attys. I've only been using the i06 for a month and have only consumed about 60 or so ml with it. So far so good. The hh.357 on my VVPV has been in use since 1/24 of this year and has consumed ~500ml of juice. It still performs just like new.

kd0frg

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2010
SD, USA
OHH that type of device.. haha i didnt even notice it or realize it till you pointed it out to me, itj ust looked like an ecigg to me haha - well i think i want to try the hh.357 then

i want to use it on a 6amp vv bottom feeder w/ drip cup and 510 connection, so should i get a long barrel 3ohm or 2.5 ohm? or a shorty? and should i get a drip shield as well and use it like a heatsink?

six

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
under the blue sky
i want to use it on a 6amp vv bottom feeder w/ drip cup and 510 connection, so should i get a long barrel 3ohm or 2.5 ohm? or a shorty? and should i get a drip shield as well and use it like a heatsink?

I don't use a drip shield on my bottom feeders. Some people do though. it requires a non-sealed 510/510 adapter to get the height to use the drip shield.

I think the long barrel is the wiser choice on the bottom feeder. My one and only complaint about the hh.357 is that it can be a little spitty if not fed perfectly. The long barrel will increase the distance the juice has to fly to your tongue if it spits... and therefore reduce the number of times juice actually does make it to your tongue when it spits.

six

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
under the blue sky
ah okay, yeah that makes perfect sense then, now theres just picking the right resistance, if im not mistaken, more resistance means theres more coil right? so that would be a good thing?

Generally speaking: Yes. There should be more wire. However, that isn't always true. Nichrome wire is rated in ohms per inch. It is completely possible to have two similar length pieces of nichrome that are the same ohms. Mostly, those who manufacture attys and cartos only keep a couple of ohm ratings in their inventory, so usually higher ohms = more wire... but not always.

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
I don't use a drip shield on my bottom feeders. Some people do though. it requires a non-sealed 510/510 adapter to get the height to use the drip shield.

I think the long barrel is the wiser choice on the bottom feeder. My one and only complaint about the hh.357 is that it can be a little spitty if not fed perfectly. The long barrel will increase the distance the juice has to fly to your tongue if it spits... and therefore reduce the number of times juice actually does make it to your tongue when it spits.

Hey Six, I highly recommend one of these Donuts to use with your 357 Atty's, once you run one of these Donuts Brutha there nothing else that you will want to use, Trust me on this one = there is no spitting, and no juice to the mouth EVER, it just doesn't get any better then the Donut

IMG_0467.jpg

six

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
under the blue sky
Newb question here :p I'm looking to get a 357 for use on a provari. What else do I need, an extender, drip shield, I don't know. Any links to good stuff will be greatly appreciated.

Neither item is necessary - but both are desirable. A short, sealed 510/510 adapter allows you to use a drip shield and has the added benefit of saving wear and tear on the native threads. A drip shield keeps everything nice and clean by containing any over-drip inside the shield and not letting any excess end up on the PV. While you can run an atty on a tube mod without an adapter and drip shield (and I think most people who drip don't use a shield), you'll appreciate having them.

EDIT: Add links: Empire mods has some of the coolest looking drip shields. I use a basic black anodized aluminum shield I got from Avid Vaper. Madvapes has the least expensive 510 to 510 adapter. Also, madvapes recently added drip shields to their inventory.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread