ViVi Nova hot leg fix

Status
Not open for further replies.

ratpack7

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2009
Salt Lake City, Utah
This is how I fixed the hot leg problem when re-building a ViVi Nova.
I got some copper wire (pulled from a dead power cord I had laying around) looped it over the top of the wick after warping the Ni Chrome coil and and twisted it down the legs.
I mocked it up with craft wire to take pics so you can see what I did.
100_3207.jpg
100_3210.jpg
100_3211.jpg
100_3212.jpg
repeat on other side no more HOT legs:)
remember to check the omhs before reassembly.

ratpack7

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2009
Salt Lake City, Utah
Isnt there a consensus here that copper + juice = bad? Why not use silver non-resistance wire, like what is used in the iAtty? Other than that, good idea.

I have never read that copper + juice was bad. The wire in cartos is copper and soldered. you could do the same with any type of wire.

twohandedcreations

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 19, 2011
orlando florida
Isnt there a consensus here that copper + juice = bad? Why not use silver non-resistance wire, like what is used in the iAtty? Other than that, good idea.

I'm not 100% but I believe the consensus was Brass + juice wasn't the best mix, if I'm not mistaken..... but I think the jury is still out on the reality of whats good and not so good....

johnlacie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2011
-
I have never read that copper + Juice was bad. The wire in cartos is copper and soldered. you could do the same with any type of wire.

I'm not 100% but I believe the consensus was Brass + juice wasn't the best mix, if I'm not mistaken..... but I think the jury is still out on the reality of whats good and not so good....

I would avoid using copper or brass wires ... here's an article about copper toxicity on cookwares.

WillyB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2009
USA
Your method is overly complicated. No need to use another wire.

deezdrama's solution is all that is needed.

I didnt have any no resistance wire so just folded the legs of the coil, doubling them- twisting them tight...

I did a 2ohm 5-wrap coil 32awg over 3 lengths of wick, I left about an inch of kanthal for the coil legs and folded the legs in half and tightly twisted them, this effectively should cut the resistance of the legs in half,

quisp65

ECF Veteran
May 6, 2012
San Diego
"I didnt have any no resistance wire so just folded the legs of the coil, doubling them- twisting them tight...

I did a 2ohm 5-wrap coil 32awg over 3 lengths of wick, I left about an inch of kanthal for the coil legs and folded the legs in half and tightly twisted them, this effectively should cut the resistance of the legs in half,"

I'm thinking of doing it this way. If you double over all the way to the coil is 32 awg best? I would like to end up between 2-3 ohm. I need to buy my wire. Since it's cheap and I don't mind experimenting. I should buy Kanthal 32 awg and maybe a few others?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread