Tailpiping has solved some of my problems :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

geeker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 12, 2009
Neither here nor there
I've been switching back and forth betweem a 901 Prodigy and a 510 Protege. I've been dripping, and after 2 or three good puffs, I was getting a scorched flavor out of any juice I tried, even the HV juice.

On a whim, I decided to tailpipe. I think the more concentrated draw on the atty must have cleaned some gunk off of them, because now they work great. Even my homemade juice doesn't burn.

Maybe it has to do with the increase in air through the atty. Yes, the attys get hot on my lips, but I just have to let off for a couple of minutes and it's fine. Come to think of it, analogs were hot on my lips, too.

Anyway, hope this helps someone. Give it a shot and let me know if anyone else has a similar experience.

Brachinus

ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2009
Jersey Shore
Tailpiping is the best IMO.

M401 and RN4081 are great tailpipe ecigs; just cut end off cart.

510 tailpiping is a bit hard; metal on lips instead of plastic.
I've been tailpiping my 510 at the end of the day, although I didn't know it was called that until just now.

I just take off the cart and have a couple puffs on the atty before I blow it out and burn it off for nighttime storage.

I've been toying with the idea of an atty insert for dripping, that would act like an internal cart keeping many drops of liquid next to the bridge, and letting someone vape without a cart for more than a few puffs before topping it off. The trick, I guess, would be making it porous enough that air could come through but not so much that liquid would drip through to the bottom of the atty.

I suspect the best you'd get would be something in between dripping and using a cart, although with a 510 you might be able to make it last as long as most people use the cart before topping up.

ProfessorDaffy

ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2009
Acme Looniversity
The best part of tailpiping, particularly at higher voltages, is knowing when you have run your atomizer too hot. That is a big reason folks burn out atomizers - running them too hot for too long. Tailpiping provides very good tactile feedback helping to stem this problem.

Maybe there should be a sliding scale base on layers of skin removed? Blisters per square inch?

I could almost see tailpiping a 901 (though I'd feel silly doing that in public, but it's bound to impress your date!) but the 510 gets too hot. Sounds more like his atty would perform better from a good old fashioned soaking.

--Prof Daffy

Brachinus

ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2009
Jersey Shore
If you bite the end of a 510 cart the end will pop out. Take out the inner part that holds the juice. No more burned lips.
The end of a whistle-tip 901 cart will also pop out, although maybe not with biting (it's stuck inside the outer rim). Probably a toothpick or paperclip would pop it out, or you could do what I did and drop your e-cig on a concrete floor. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread