Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Tasty Vapor

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
wookit.jpg
What do they come with? I think you'll be pleased. Inside, you'll find:

• 1 x 5v Regulated "Woo" Tube
  • 1 x tank Adapter (for those who enjoy tanks)
  • 4 x 16340 batteries (3.7v, 650mAh, unprotected)
  • 4 x 2.0 ohm Ego Dual Coil Cartomizers, 5ml capacity, whistle tip
  • 1 TrustFire Multifunctional Charger
  • 1 x 10ml Tasty Vapor Sample of your choice
I don't think you're going to find a better deal, at this price, from a manufacturer (Smok) whom has proven to provide quality equipment.

TVChris

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2012
Oakland, CA
OK you may look at this as a slightly less than reliable review (I work for Geoff and he gave me the Woo for R & D). For the last six months I've been using my Prodigy V3.1, with no intention of switching to anything else. Wow and woo hoo! This thing is amazing! The first nice thing is it comes in a zippered travel case that holds juice, extra batteries and cartos. The cartos it comes with are these FREAKING HUGE things that at first look a little funny. The easiest to fill carto, by far, I have ever used. The manufacturer claims they hold 5ml. They hold at least 5ml. I've been vaping Tastyfinger for 8 hours without recharging or refilling, and I vape a lot! You gotta try one. The cartos are 2.0 ohm and at this point seem to be the perfect match. Throat hit, vapor, flavor, 10+ Provari, prodigy, fugetaboutit! This is the real deal.

Mr. Tasty Vapor

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Yeah, it is hard because it just sounds like we're trying to bolster sales. Of course we'd LOVE the sales, but when we run across something that's we've decided to carry that has us putting down our seriously expensive units for a while, then a long while, then a week, then a couple of months....I'd say that's worth some attention.

The cartos are AWESOME. They eat juice for sure, but the draw is smooth, potent and I'm two days into this carto. Normally, the carto would begin to show some tastes of wear (I use Geoff's Blend, every day, and every year so far), by the third day, I'm ready to toss a carto out, but this Ego DC carto still tastes fresh the second day around. At this rate, I'm giving it about 5 days until it starts to taste funny.

I'm thinking THREE days is standard life on a regular or dual coil carto is standard for the darker liquids I enjoy using. This one will likely last 5. You can usually double those numbers for clear liquids. Not too shabby.

These Ego DC cartos were made with the Woo and the E-Power 18650 model in mind, but if there are other unit out there where the carto screws onto an outer portion, perhaps that might work as well. I'll have to leave that research to more qualified electronic people to chime in on.

But for now, credible source or not, Chris and I are both quite impressed. Carto life, draw, battery life in-use...It's been all stars so far.

markimar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2010
Orlando
WOW. This thing kicks serious ....! Crackle crackle galore! I like the 5ml cartos but I dont seem to get much vapor output. Might just be the juice im using. I'm gonna seriously take my nick level down on this. Cause im whizzing. This is in serious competition with my darwin. It's the same size with a duel carto on it as my Go-go. I tad bit fatter but still stealth vaping capeable. And the cone from the original ego fits. Cuts back on the loudness of the crackle but does restrict the airflow a tad on standard duel coil cartos. And it looks sexy sexy with a black cone on it! nice that they finally came out with a true 5 volt mini size instead of a pipe bomb. Geoff I finally think you found a quality machine that will make me cut my nick level down!!!! I might have to start taking it down to 24 instead of 48mg. I'm high as a kite right now! :) Plus I'm glad your carrying the 5ml cartos too. I will be able to buy everything all in one place!
Thanks once again Geoff and crew for bringing quality products to the market, your the best!

Ps. The case is awesome! and the extra juice goodies was nice surprise. This is a great deal guys and a GREAT PV!:vapor:

PS ps.... I also have an adapter for 510 to go-go cartos... tried that on woo, works great so now I can use up my old go go carts!

Last edited:

Ncjasonr

ECF Veteran
Jul 20, 2010
Greensboro NC
Ok, I'm back after a year long love affair with my marlboros and just ordered some juice, anyway I'm ...... I ordered variable voltage ego batteries now before I saw this. I got a question on the WOO though, it uses unprotected batteries, isn't that dangerous? I have an nhaler HV but it's "pipe bomb" size so I not convenient for daily carry, but I have protected batteries. Will this fit protected batteries and if so what type? And this vapes at 5v right? And it's near the same size as an ego? I might be ordering a kit shortly. Sorry if this is a a stupid question :D oh, I will be more than willing to do a YouTube review if you send me a free one hahaha!!! I'll even add explosions, hot chicks in bikinis, and maybe a car chase in the review video hahaha!!! Cmon that would be worth it just to see...... (all in a joking manner but I could totally make it happen FYI :D )

TVChris

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2012
Oakland, CA
I've been using my WOO and only my WOO for over a month now. it is still working like day one, perfect. I get up to 24 hours on a charge (and I vape a lot). I have tried several different cartos, from 2.0 to 5.0 ohm and all work great.

I would like to address some of the bad press that I've heard, most is from people that have no idea what the hell they are talking about. #1, I have heard these described as dangerous, as they use stacked unprotected batteries, FALSE ! ! ! Lithium ion batteries have up to three levels of protection, vent, fuse, and integrated circuit. The batteries supplied with this unit have vents and fuses. They do not have the IC as it is not needed and would be redundant. The IC protection prevents the battery from over charging and completely discharging. The charger supplied with the unit shuts off at 4.2v and the WOO itself shuts off when the battery voltage drops below a certain voltage. So unless you are using a charger not intended for these batteries, or you are using these batteries in a device that would allow them to discharge completely, they have all of the protection they need, period. The next issue is that the button can be accidentally pressed when put in your pocket or bag. The WOO has a "five click safety". Press the button five times quickly, the button will then confirm by flashing five times, and the WOO is deactivated. It will not operate until once again you press the button five times quickly to reactivate. OK, let's say you forgot to deactivate your WOO and stick it in your pocket and the button gets pressed by the tons of crap you carry in your pocket. Fear not! The WOO also has built in yet another safety, if the button is pressed continuously for 10 seconds of more, it shuts itself off.

Any question please ask. Bottom line; Is the WOO the best and highest quality APV on the market? Depends on who you ask. Is it the best APV for under $100. Yes! Is it dangerous? No it is not. I have given these to friends as gifts. I would not do that if they were junk. I have given them to friends as gifts because I believe they are a quality unit and above all, they are safe!

Last edited:

Mr. Tasty Vapor

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
I've heard the stinks being raised about this kit too. Honestly, don't know what the stink is about. The original sample model I got, performing like a champ still. The one I started using from the pile we ordered, also, performing like a champ. Tons of vapor, awesome battery life.

I'm loving this thing enough that the Provari has taken a backseat. Not that it's better than the Provari. But it does perform JUST as good, it's also a LOT more portable and the plus, battery life. I can get three hours tops from my Provari, unlike the Woo, and I get a good 24 hours of life from that.

Overall, whatever minor discrepancies other folks have had with the unit that's being turned into the usual forum-style "crime against humanity" thread, this thing is nothing shy of AWESOME.

Ncjasonr

ECF Veteran
Jul 20, 2010
Greensboro NC
Well, I just got mine and like markimar said, it's a 5v that's not "pipe bomb" size haha! It's a legit fog machine and way better than the piece of crap Exhaler I had for my first HV mod! Battery life was unreal, batteries JUST died after about 20 hours! Not quite 24 for me but who cares lol! Overall build seems VERY durable! No need to waste your money on anything else period! Get your hands on a Woo, no point in paying $100+ on something that's huge and won't fit in your pocket and performs no better than the Woo! I'm a man so something fitting comfortably in my Jean pocket that has a safety and will still blow my head off when I take drag is hands down unbeatable! 10 out of 10 is my review!

markimar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2010
Orlando
I dont see the stacked unprotected batteries as an issue. If your not getting it for that reason your missing out on a great pv. You can pick up some protected surefire at battery depot pretty cheap and they work the same. I personally haven't found a negative on this unit yet! Works like a champ, great battery life and having a 510 connection you have a huge option as far as cartos, and your ole ego cone fits like a gem!

FatDaddyBaker

Jun 27, 2010
A, A
I have to be honest, the idea of using unprotected batteries kinda scared me at first. But after hearing all of the reviews, I'm probably gonna take the plunge and buy one from TV. I've done the math and what you guys are giving for the $75 is a really great deal. Next paycheck, you'll be shipping a kit off to NJ. :)

BTW: does this have the outside threads that a real eGo has? Just so I know if I can use some of my eGo supplies with it.

TheBlueAdept

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2010
Northern California
You should always have several spare sets of batteries for any mod, I agree. Also, be sure to test your batteries before putting them back in, and try to get two that are matched in their voltage. Or, at the very very least, keep the pairs matched as you got them. I feel your frustration though, I was there when I got mine at first as well.

TheBlueAdept

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2010
Northern California
I have managed to keep mine alive despite many drops, however there is almost none of the original black coating left on the barrel. But, as you state, you get what you pay for! I did get a good 4 months out of mine before switching to another device (and could still be using it, but chose not to.)

zjq

Jun 5, 2010
FL
You should always have several spare sets of batteries for any mod, I agree. Also, be sure to test your batteries before putting them back in, and try to get two that are matched in their voltage. Or, at the very very least, keep the pairs matched as you got them. I feel your frustration though, I was there when I got mine at first as well.

I mean my original eGo batteries still work and they are over 2 years old and have been dropped, through at least 2 washing machine cycles and thrown around, these batteries died within a month just from being placed in the charger and in the cig.

The good news is the last set still sort of working charges pretty fast and lasts for a couple hours, I'll eventually just buy a couple pair from TV because I have no idea where to get superior batteries

TheBlueAdept

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2010
Northern California
Well, it sounds like the batteries you got are possibly an issue; The kit I bought (V4L "OMG") came with Tenergy LiFePo4 cells (yes, the ones that were mentioned in other threads on ECF). They seemed to work really well, I ended up buying another 10 of them so I could have 6 pairs, and they all have been in and out of the charger A LOT over that 4 months I referenced above. I was careful to stick to mostly 3 ohm cartos though, as those batteries are not well suited to driving bigger loads.

Here's where I got mine (Amazon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread