what to expect from a total switch to 0mg nicotine and total VG liquid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

superegot

Unregistered Supplier
May 17, 2012
malta
Hey Super Vapers

Can anyone (if anyone tried this) tell me what i can expect if i switch from 18mg nicotine and 50/50 PG/VG to a 0mg Nicotine level and VG 70% / 30% distilled water eliquid.

i mainly vape RY4 and Redbull but also looking to get some samples of the El Toro from houseofliquid but still at 0mg nicotine.

This switch that i am thinking of doing is because i sometime am experiencing a sort of feeling of high blood pressure like heat in the head / palpitations.

so was thinking of avoiding both PG and Nicotine.

Any Suggestions please.

cheers

the_vape_nerd

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 20, 2011
New Orleans, LA
I think really that nicotine addiction like any other addiction can be overcome if you just set your mind to it. Your banner here says you are coming up on 2 months. That's great, but I really do think you ought to try and give it a bit more time. Old habits can die slowly.

Why don't you try going down to 12mg first? Then in a month if you are doing ok, get down to 6 or 8? And then down to 4 until you get to zero?

Maybe the symptoms you are experiencing are just because you are getting too high of a dose in too short of a time period. I fully support anyone wanting to go down to zero nic, but I really think as a new vaper you ought to give it just a bit more time.

18 to 0 seems like a big step. In the end though, you've got to do what is right for you.

superegot

Unregistered Supplier
May 17, 2012
malta
Oh and for the PG situation, there are many 100% VG juices. I think but am not sure that they can be cut with distilled water. But perhaps VG is more like an oil and won't mix with water? Someone with more knowledge than me will surely be by to speak on this point.

Thanks for the quick reply maybe you are very correct and i should gradually lower the nicotine levels that i agree.

as for the VG juices at 100% i am open to that also.

Any other suggestions and help is appreciated

the_vape_nerd

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 20, 2011
New Orleans, LA
About the PG. I find that anymore than 60% PG is problematic in that it irritates my throat and makes me cough. Have you tried maybe a 50/50 mix? or 40/60? This might be the source of the problems you are having. Maybe you don't need to do away with PG altogether, just get a better ratio.

Squish

ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2012
Alberta
When I first started, I discovered that I am extremely sensitive to nicotine overdose. I started with a 12, and was having similar side effects as you were. In my next order, I got some 0 nic and some 8 (8 was their lowest next to 0). Honestly, 0 is very tasty, but I needed my nic still. Even now I still switch it up, use some 8mg in the am, a mix I made at 4mg in the afternoon, and 0 at night. So far this has helped make the symptoms go away. Still gotta watch how much 8mg I use though!

100%VG is great, definitely try that as well. I don't think you should put anymore than a couple drops of distilled water in with your VG or I believe the vapor goes away? Not sure on that one

superegot

Unregistered Supplier
May 17, 2012
malta
When I first started, I discovered that I am extremely sensitive to nicotine overdose. I started with a 12, and was having similar side effects as you were. In my next order, I got some 0 nic and some 8 (8 was their lowest next to 0). Honestly, 0 is very tasty, but I needed my nic still. Even now I still switch it up, use some 8mg in the am, a mix I made at 4mg in the afternoon, and 0 at night. So far this has helped make the symptoms go away. Still gotta watch how much 8mg I use though!

100%VG is great, definitely try that as well. I don't think you should put anymore than a couple drops of distilled water in with your VG or I believe the vapor goes away? Not sure on that one

Well this is going to be my next move from MT BAKER VAPOR i am thinking of trying

RY4 - VG 70% with 30% distilled water at 6mg nicotine
Redbull - VG 70% with 30% distilled water at 6mg nicotine

i am a bit strange to 100% VG since i am vaping on an EGO-T with stardusts and soon with phoenix Bottom Coil.

any idea about 100% VG and does that need to be mixed or i can vape it directly. What about flavour with VG juices.

bassworm

ECF Veteran
May 29, 2011
Well this is going to be my next move from MT BAKER VAPOR i am thinking of trying

Correct me if I am wrong somebody, but wouldn't taking 6mg nicotine and diluting that solution with 30% water actually cut the nicotine level down as well?

Squish

ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2012
Alberta

i am a bit strange to 100% VG since i am vaping on an EGO-T with stardusts and soon with phoenix Bottom Coil.

any idea about 100% VG and does that need to be mixed or i can vape it directly. What about flavour with VG juices.

I would get a 0nic as well, just to cover your basses. I use 100%VG with my ego twist and it vapes like a dream. If you get it and it's too thick, then adding a COUPLE OF DROPS of distilled water or everclear will thin it nicely. I get good flavor from them (I only get mine from Jugheads, so I'm not sure on other venders)

SkyDancer

ECF Veteran
May 19, 2012
Oklahoma
I've been slowly reducing my nic level from 18mg down to 4mg. Let me tell you, it's HARD! I wound up vaping all the time and going through a ton of juice in the process. I'm back up to 6-8mg and doing ok. Still intend to get to 0mg but need to take it slower. My suggestion is when a lower nic level becomes the norm for you and you are completely happy with it, then lower it. I tried lowering every week and it was just too fast for me. You may have a completely different experience but this was mine. Good luck to you!

superegot

Unregistered Supplier
May 17, 2012
malta
I've been slowly reducing my nic level from 18mg down to 4mg. Let me tell you, it's HARD! I wound up vaping all the time and going through a ton of juice in the process. I'm back up to 6-8mg and doing ok. Still intend to get to 0mg but need to take it slower. My suggestion is when a lower nic level becomes the norm for you and you are completely happy with it, then lower it. I tried lowering every week and it was just too fast for me. You may have a completely different experience but this was mine. Good luck to you!

I thankyou for your advice infact that is why i am ordering 12mg and 6 mg nicotine levels better than 18mg definitely and if it suits me with 12mg or 6mg and make my side effects go away that would be great. and yes my goal is to hit 0 mg nicotine

You could find a vendor that uses a nicotine substitute. Since nic is similar to pepper, some vendors offer a capsicum blend instead of nicotine.
Anything higher than 35% VG seems to put a heavy coating of a oil like substance on my throat and in a heavy vape session, the throat hit diminished greatly not to mention the crap I cough up later.
VaporRenew is one vendor that offers this nic substitute and $7.49 for 30ml is pretty cheap also.

Good luck and let us know how it goes :)

V8inDamma

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 10, 2012
LOST IN THE CLOUDS-USA
I would like to tell you your not alone. I also has the same symptoms around the 2 month mark. I went to vaping 0s in the evening. After my dinner fix of nic of coarse lol. I did ok but would be shaky sometimes. So I went on the search for an all vg and organic liquid as I was informed that it could also be some of the other things in these eliquids. I found them and I use a ego with a stardust with no problems. I also wanted to let you know that some of the Red bulls and mt dews and other ones that are named after energy drinks have caffeine in them or some other kind of energy booster. So if you drink coffee that also adds to it. I can't find the link again so you can read up on it but it is in this big wonderful forum somewhere lol.I do hope you find your happy medium as I know how flustering this all can be. Oh I did want to say that IMO I don't think the eliquid would hold a good taste with 30% distilled water but like I have never done that I am not sure. Good luck and if you are interested in the organic vg eliquids let me know and I will point in that direction. :vapor:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread