• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

eGo-C Twist Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eileithia

ECF Veteran
Apr 13, 2011
Cambridge, ON, CANADA
Well I've been using my twists since I picked them up on Tuesday non-stop, and the first battery just died. Both batteries had a full charge when they were received, verified by plugging them into the charger before any use.

What I purchased:
2 x eGo-C Twist (1000 mAh) batteries in White

Specs:
4.75" (120 mm) long from tip to tip
9/16" (14mm) diameter (Same as a standard eGo)

They have the standard eGo cone threading, and white illuminated plastic push-button with 5-click on-off feature.

With a Stardust connected, the overall lenght is 7" (177 mm) which is much longer than I expected.

Initial impressions:
Build quality is outstanding. This device feels substantial and has a decent amount of weight to it. This battery would be very hard to damage from regular every day use, like all Joytech eGo batteries. The white coating is a soft-touch coating that a lot of manufacturers are starting to use these days and is pleasant to hold on to. The VV Twist ring on the bottom of the device moves smothly, but is stiff enough that it won't change settings on you if you leave it in your pocket. The numbers on the dial are very small. The only way I could see them getting around this would be to print the numbers on the bottom. This could be a hinderance to anyone with poor eye-sight, but it's really flavour and vapor that matter, the number is just a number.

Performance:
The twist does exactly what it's supposed to do. You can turn the dial up or down to increase or decrease the output voltage. It ranges from 3.2v to 4.8v and using a multimeter both batteries measured out to that with in 0.01v. There are small indicators every 0.2V, but the range is completely smooth. You can set it half way between marks as there are no hard-stops except for at the ends allowing fine-tuning if required.

I found my sweet spot was at 4.0V on my LR Stardusts, and 4.2V on my SR Stardusts for flavour vaping GRBC's Rugged Blend. More than that and I either got dry hits, or the flavour changed. Lower than that and vapor performance started to drop. I also tried this out with my LR Cisco 308 I use for dripping a few different juices and it actually performed much better around 3.4v than it does on my standard eGo.

Battery Life:
Well, seeing as I'm on 2 full days on the first battery, I can honestly say, the battery life is fantastic when vaping at between 4.0v and 4.2v. Pure vaping time, I would say is around 14-16 hours (I vape all day at work). Obviously YMMV if you vape with it at a different setting.

One thing I did notice is there was ZERO drop-off when reaching the end of the battery. I actually did a double take when it died because I had a perfect hit, then nothing. Regulated circuitry is a wonderful thing. I do wish there was some sort of battery life indicator on the device so you would know whether or not your walking out of your house with a near-dead battery.

Overall Impressions:
As this is my first venture into a VV device, I can't compare to how well it performs against a Provari, or Darwin, but you can't argue with the cost. Batteries were $27.95 each from Canvape, so even with purchasing 2 I'm under 1/4 of the price of the other two devices after picking up chargers, batteries, etc etc to go along. It gives you an immediate option to change the intensity and flavour of your vape with very little investment. No funky menus to go through, or multiple buttons to push.

Would I recommend it? ABSOLUTELY. If this is your first trip into VV, or if you're looking for something smaller (Diameter) than a Provari or box mod for out and about, this product is an excellent investment. Extremely easy to use, good build quality, and good battery life. No complaints here.

1kshooter

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2012
Ontario, Canada
great review!....I think it is the cats ... for small easy to travel with size and cost factor when compaired to other units....although with Canvapes prices I am able to buy all kinds of new toys for way less then other mail order shops and for at lest 1/3 of the price of the only brick and mortar shop in my area!
I don't work for canvape but I have no problem sending every bit of buisness I can...WHY ???? because the more stuff that canvape sells the better chances he will keep the prices low and afordable and for all the other vendors in my area to move on or get with the program and stop the gouging

Oriana871

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2012
Toronto
I'm very happy with my Twists, and compared to my iPro, the 1000's are small :). I do get a bit of a drop off but not much. I don't vape all day at work, only on breaks, in the washroom, in the elevator, etc. and if I use it for a few hours at home, my battery often is done by the end of the day, with Boge SR's and at 4.5.

CorTed

ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2011
SoCal
I bought the ego twist by accident.:unsure:
Was unaware they sold ego bats with a VV. When I received mine I played around with the dial on the bottom (not knowing) what it was for. THen I put on my atty and vaped, but found the taste horrible...:evil:
It took me a little to find out there were numbers on the adjustable ring below and then quickly found out what it was for.
After I took the voltage down from 4.8 to 3.7, the taste was great..:facepalm:

I now love these bats. I have a 1000 mah.

MadKat

ECF Veteran
Feb 12, 2012
United States
I got mine last night and am very happy with it so far. I have the one 1000 mAh battery, and ordered an ego charger separately which should be here in the next couple of days. I'm happy to see Sweet Vapes has them in Pink! I'll have to order my next battery from them, along with the low resistance stardusts and some candy cane juice with a cold shot. I've never ordered from Sweet Vapes before, but since I've looked around the site and Kick Bass is closing shop for awhile...I think I'll try them out :thumbs:

DemonCleaner

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2010
Calgary, Alberta. Canada
I just ordered three more from canvape. It's pretty much all I use. Works great with pretty much every atty/carto I've tried. Standard and low resistance. And canvape is the best site ever in the history of the universe...
FYI. I ordered the pink ones...(for my mom) and the finish is not the rubbery sort. It's just a painted smooth finish.

Mindfield

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2010
Toronto, ON
It's certainly an excellent device. Joye pretty much hit it out of the park with this one. Sure, it doesn't have the muscle of the big boys, but for $30 or less, how can you possibly argue? Plus, under-load drop is minimal and voltage range is perfect for most single-coil devices. It has earned a permanent place in my daily kit. I mostly used it with the Stardust, but I have a 3ml Firebird on it right now, and it's absolutely perfect for those.

magentaman

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2012
Puyallup,Wa
www.bfbvapor.com
I have 2 of the 1000mah and one of the 650mah twists. Got the 650 on Sunday. The others arrived from GV on Monday...

IMAG1388.jpg

IMAG1390-2.jpg

HawkeyeFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2012
Clermont, FL
I found I used mine so much, twisting with different attys, I caught myself trying to turn my regular ego battery up. lol
Good review Eileithia!

What's a regular eGo battery? Heh, I swear, since I got my 2nd Twist, I haven't even touched my original 650mah -C batts.

Mindfield

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2010
Toronto, ON
I also have the Twist 1000, however, I was wondering if anyone here has a Kgo? There are so many people that are raving about the Kgo, I was wondering if I'm missing out on something great.

The Kgo is just a regular eGo that I think is regulated at 3.7V or something like that. It isn't particularly special in any significant way, it just seems to be a pretty reliable eGo-type battery.

RickMc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2012
Fontana, CA
The KGO is great. It's a great 3.7 volt device that (assuming you buy it made by the right manufacturer) performs well, is durable and reliable. It isn't a variable voltage device, but if you don't want or need VV, it's a very good choice.

I use both KGO's and Twists, as well as others. However, I want to know when the KGO became regulated! Mine isn't. It starts at 4.1-4.2 volts off the charger, settles fairly soon into 3.7, and stays there until near the end of its battery life when it drops off some before blinking its way onto the charger.

Smile n' shine

ECF Veteran
Apr 13, 2012
Canada
What's a regular eGo battery? Heh, I swear, since I got my 2nd Twist, I haven't even touched my original 650mah -C batts.

A 650 is the equivalent to lighting a candle when the power goes out. lol Not the best, but does the trick.
It's also helpful to remember to charge the second battery :facepalm:

HawkeyeFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2012
Clermont, FL
A 650 is the equivalent to lighting a candle when the power goes out. lol Not the best, but does the trick.
It's also helpful to remember to charge the second battery :facepalm:

2nd, and 3rd, and 4th, and 5th. :p After my 1000mah arrives, I will have 5 eGo batteries. 3 Twists and 2 nonTwist. Might be time to buy a 2nd charger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread