Gagging sensation / vomiting

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaspry

ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
Sacramento, CA
For the past month or two I've had a very extreme sensation in my throat. A gagging sensation, which seems to increase whenever I vape. I did not pair vaping and gagging together, but two months later I realize these symptoms came around the time I started vaping. Reading advice, I drink more water and that helps the scratchy throat, but not the gagging sensation.

Starting a month ago, my throat feels swollen right under the chin. Swollen glands? Again, I didn't pair this to vaping. Thought I had a flu or something. But it didn't disappear over time only seemed to get worse.

Anyways, this morning it got pretty bad. I never used to gag when brushing my teeth, but when I was brushing this morning I got this incredible choking sensation and threw up the coffee I had just drank into the sink. Then it came up a second time a few seconds later! I can't even brush my teeth without choking and feeling like vomiting. This was about 20 min. after vaping.

I am planning on getting this checked out by a Doc, but I'd like to know if there have been similar stories from people on these forums in the mean time. My initial thought is, "PG allergy?" I don't know how to make my own liquid otherwise I'd have gone VG a lot sooner, and I certainly wouldn't want to go back to full time analog (I get none of these symptoms from analogs).

If it is allergy would I have to take antibiotics or get any special treatment, or would it restore over time assuming I cease intake of PG?

Thank you for any info/experience you may have!

jaspry

ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
Sacramento, CA
Perhaps another related issues: frequent mouth sores, right on the inside of my lip and inner gums. Had 5 sores at once a few weeks ago and took over a week to disappear. Seems to be caused by the vaping as well. Perhaps this could add evidence to an allergy.

That sucks. I'll check out DIY VG vaping asap. I still want to hear your experience though.

jaspry

ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
Sacramento, CA
It sounds like either the PG is bugging you or whatever is being used for the flavor(s) of your choice.

There are VG (and reduced PG) based juices out there (Johnson Creek for one) that you can try and see if that helps.

Doc visit is never a bad idea.

Are there any PG-free juices out there? I know Johnson Creek has reduced PG, but 'reduced' seems to imply there is still a little in there. In order to know if it is the PG, I'll need zero PG. Does Johnsons stock that?

jaspry

ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
Sacramento, CA
Thank you everyone!

I really dislike posting these kinds of threads because I don't wanna scare anyone. However, I do experience this and it gives comfort knowing other people experience this and helps the hypochondriac side of things. ("Crap, I'm developing Esophencephalisitiphitophage!")

I do remember hearing about another chap who developed swollen throat. I wonder if it really is the PG.

When I first started vaping, the first two weeks I got sweats, panic attacks, headaches, blurred vision. I assumed it was nicotine even though it was less nicotine I was consuming compared to analogs. Perhaps that was PG related as well.

However I smoke less than one per day on avg. compared to 10+ two months ago! Even if I have to ween myself off PV, it psychologically better than weening off analogs.

Nestran

ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2009
Rhode Island
Keep us posted on the doc and good luck. It sounds like you may have a reaction to PG. If you were just experiencing a sensitive gag reflex I would have thought that stopping smoking gave you some sensitivity back but not with sores.

To others that are reading this, it may be a good idea to go to the doc before posting these issues so that you can present your issue and a resolution in the same post. Now we are going to have panicky people queefing up their coffee all weekend until we get an update.. :(

SLDS181

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2009
Western NJ
When I first started vaping, the first two weeks I got sweats, panic attacks, headaches, blurred vision. I assumed it was nicotine even though it was less nicotine I was consuming compared to analogs. Perhaps that was PG related as well.

These would be decidedly uncommon symptoms, and a sign that something is going on with you. Yes, it could be an allergic reaction to PG, but ianad.

For VG only liquids, mist stix definitely has it, I'm not sure who else. There are others I'm sure, I'd bet there are a few threads with that info.

Kate51

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
Argyle Wi USA
Jaspry,
That would be what is known as withdrawal, you are not getting the nicotine you were before. It is from the toxins etc your body is trying it's best to get rid of. You were right to increase water.
The swollen glands though is something you'll need a physician to look at, especially if you are not necessarily nauseous. I would definitely look into the VG juices, though, because PG also makes me feel like I'm strangling from the inside...even one cartful now will cause a fast and harsh reaction.

Oh I am soo going to blame straight pg for mine.
Was running low and have been adding the flavor to my ecopure as I went along.
Well the eco ran out and I tried some straight pg juice I have...nothing worse than nicing out not being able to vap because of being queezy and not able to snus for the same reason.

I slept the migraine and quezzy off.

So I woke up grabbed some chow and made 4 carts, 2 ptb 2 ehiem filter. loaded 2 with some ok but still generic PG juice I got, the other 2 ecopure rich..

The eco pure rich no problem I swapped out the carts and vaped no issue. Other than a ehh asstertaste that I have been noticing from this bottle.

Gave it a bit to work out of my system..
Started vaping a bit of ry4 and coffee mix that I can kinda vape started with the pg juice in ptb.
Half dozen puffs and swapped carts.
Quezzy headachy general retching.

I am giving the benefit of the doubt that it is a pg issue not the flavor and possibly bad juice. Or a mixture of a few things. I will see if I just need to mix the batches when I get the new orders or it is straight pg that is making wanna bark at my shoes.

jaspry

ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
Sacramento, CA
Ever try getting dental X-Rays with a gag reflex? Harsh!

Someone said "being choked from the inside," and that's great imagery to represent.

I unfortunately do not reply with updates, as I have none. Still no Doctor visit. Being without health insurance temporarily has caused major inconveniences =(

I went vapor-less for half a day and smoked two analogs. Analogs have reportedly higher nic values than vaping, and I did not experience any of the side effects . Not even nicotine-based rushes. No choking sensation. Only a bad taste from the analogs (....-logs).

then when I started vaping again, there comes back the tight-throat sensation with some coughing.

I won't be continuing the analogs as replacement,and I'm going to start vaping significantly less until I get VG carts and report how I feel after.

I DID however get blood test results back. Comprehensive Metabolic. Pretty stellar in every area, and blood pressure is a lot less than what it was when I was smoking! Huzzah!

Sorry for the lack of spectacular updates, but I'll post them as soon as they come.

I did some testing I do not think it is a pg sensitivity but one of the other make ups of the juice.

Eythel matol (sp)
linalool (sp)

I have vg from one supplier that is busting me up to the point of not using it. Tried I really did but gagging, retching and itching. Only happened on this vg, other is a PG and same results.

The other juices from 5 different places no reaction.
PG, vg, pg/vg mix, lower pg, lower vg, various 18-36 mg nic liquid. No reactions what so ever.

I did notice on one of the suppliers I get a bit farty and kinda quezzy but could be the massive influx of vg to surcrose in the system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread