Status
Not open for further replies.

tumbafox

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2010
bellerose NY
Hi Everyone

I am just following up on my original Vivi Nova review.

It was great while it lasted which was about 2 weeks

I experience three problems.

1 - The Positive Center Post was too long and not adjustable so the tank could not be screwed all the way down onto the battery connection. Some people have said they have either filed down the protruding center post, others were able to use and ego-510 adapter to solve the problem

2- My first replaceable head 2.8 ohms burned out after a few days

3- The threads on the bottom that screw the tank onto the battery connector failed completely. After they failed as a test I put a pair of pliers around the threads and with light force they crushed like a tin can. Tried the same test with Stone tanks, some Attys and other cartomizers and they withstood even strong force. I have seen a few similar complaints.

Hope the folks at Vision can fix they bugs because the product has potential

My Stone 2 and 3 tanks are still all good. Have not had to use any replacement innards yet. My personal opinion is that the Stone 2 was the best of the lot. Only problem with that was the resistance came at 1.6 ohms despite being advertised as 2.1-2.3 ohms. I tested the replacement innards too compare and they were more accurate.

I hope Vision continues to produce replacement innards for the Stone 2 and 3 tanks as promised

For now, I'm sticking with the Stone 2 and 3 which I can recoil and re wick myself if necessary in the future.

tumbafox

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2010
bellerose NY
Quick addendum to my followup review of the Vivi Nova.

I believe the Stone 2 innards work with the Vivi Nova Tank shell using the Stone 2 innards and top cap and mouthpiece from the Stone 2 with the Plastic Vivi Nova Tank. There are some left at:

GotVapes VISION Stone 2 Innards [gv-vision2-innards] - $2.95 : GotVapes.com, E-cigarette Supplies - Atomizers Cartomizers Mods Juice and more

Some people complained of leaks with the Stone 2 but I never experienced that problem personally other than the bottom cap seal developed a small leak which I fixed with a little gorilla glue. I'm still vaping off that same tank.

kingkurtez

May 17, 2012
Federal Way, wa
I have to break my habit of stocking up on promising components. I am unsure why the coils fail at such an incredible rate with the Vivi nova, however, I average about 5 days on a coil:(. I use the vivi with a provari. I am dissapointed with the coil burnout on this unit. as good as the vapor quality is, I would not reccommend this unit.

13F10

Verified Member
Feb 2, 2012
Republic Of Texas
I have to break my habit of stocking up on promising components. I am unsure why the coils fail at such an incredible rate with the Vivi nova, however, I average about 5 days on a coil:(. I use the vivi with a provari. I am dissapointed with the coil burnout on this unit. as good as the vapor quality is, I would not reccommend this unit.
Consider yourself lucky, I ordered two kits, went thru all the coils in one set within 2 hours. The coils lasted an average of about 10 hits each. One was DOA. I ran each at 3.7 volts on the ProVari. The last to go was a replacement 2.8 ohm when I ran the power up to 4.0.

I've got one that hasn't blown but throws codes constantly.

Between flooding carto tanks and this CE stuff, looks like I'll be sticking with cartos only.

tumbafox

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2010
bellerose NY
Between flooding carto tanks and this CE stuff, looks like I'll be sticking with cartos only.

I am having great success with the Smoktech DCT tank I got from Madvapes and the higher resistance replacement Smoktech cartomizers I got from Liberty-flights. Also happy with standard Boge cartomizers. Also happy with the Boge atomizers for dripping with or without pumpcart. Liberty Flights sells the pumpcarts without having to buy the bridgeless atomizer that you really don't need. They only recommend bridgeless because sometimes the cotton on the bottom of pumpcart sticks to the atomizers which is easy to fix.

I'm so tired of getting sucked into every new product that comes out because this is also a hobby for me and I am a bit obsessed with it.

Good Luck.

mrgoodwrench2u

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2012
Toledo, Ohio . U.S.A.
Wow, I never heard of all these problems before . I have been useing the Vision ViVi Nova tank system for a month and, no big problems . No burnt atomizers , the center post at the 510 connection , you can just push it in or pull it out , it has o-ring like bushings, no need to file . However I did get a short 510 to 510 extender from SmokTek the are the best fit to make my Lava Tube fire perfect. The center pin and the outter 510 threads are close together and short out and not fire but, the 510 spacer fixed it and improved the air flow.
I have 4 Nova's and I run 3 all day. Version 1 & 2 , the 1 has long wicks and air holes in the bottom chrome cap, on the edge were the texture is to help grip it to turn and tighten. T 2 is short wicks and I think now cotton, a differant material any way.
And the air holes are just above were the 510 threads are cut on the outter post. So the 510 spacer help that one breath better too. Never a leak but I had some dry hit so someone said to trin the silicone cap on top of the atomizer, so it don't push down on the wicks and cut off the juice. So I trimed like a16th off and it's been great...
I'm really enjoying the Nova Tanks , no having to fill , top off , drip, constantly..

Well, Best Wishes......:)

UnFettered_Soul

Exalted Grand High Poobah
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Wow.... sorry to hear about your problems.

I had the Stone, can't remember which version, that I had nothing but problems with.
Leaking at the bottom where the plastic met the end cap mostly.
Replacing the innards was hit or miss, mostly miss. I finally threw the whole thing out.

I just recently got 2 Viva Novas 2.5.
I bought 2 of them, some 2.8 replacement heads and two purple metal tanks to replace the plastic.

They fit just fine on ProVari and Buzz Pro.

So far, I only have two minor complaints;
One of them leaks just slightly, very slightly at the bottom where it meets the end cap.
And I don't know if it's a complaint or not, but all of my replacement heads read 2. something.
Even the ones that came in the kits.

The idea is there, they just need to get their quality control under control.
It doesn't seem consistent tank to tank, never mind batch to batch.

X P3 Flight Engineer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2012
Moncton, N.B. Canada
The idea is there, they just need to get their quality control under control.
It doesn't seem consistent tank to tank, never mind batch to batch.

There is no Quality Control! The nova 2.5 is being manufactured to closer tolerances but the customer is the QC. They expect to have returns, they write the cost of that off as QC.

I actually think the Nova 2Xs, and Vision products in general are the high end of quality. They could be much better and the rest have a long way to go. Most people never meter their cartos to see how far out of tolerance they are.

OTOH, if these were built to our standards of QC by Union Labor, we would never be able to afford them!

Plumes.91

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
United States
I like my version 2 vivinovas but DAMN do they eat up juice. I'm BLOWING through 5-6ml in a day now. With cartomizer tanks I was a 3, maybe 3.5ml vaper. With these vivi tanks I'm gonna go broke. They never give me a dry hit as long as I keep them filled past half way. Under half way, I have to tip them every 2 hits no matter what voltage i'm on. they look great, the big ones for your big mods, the minis for your eGos, but they eat up juice like crazy, they don't wick great past halfway filled, and they mute flavor a bit.

Last edited:

TheDarthVap3r

ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2012
uk
ive had my vivi nova for a couple weeks now and im loving it. although im not sure what these burning issues are. ill have to look that up. all i know is im getting lots of vapour , and when using a premade liquid it tastes great . i had issues with others having just a rotten taste , but not with this. the only issue i do have is when using one of my own eliquids ive caked the walls with this grey sludge and when i tried soaking it in hot water has now cemented. not on the wicks at least. but i fear the casing me be shot.

Porkchops

Verified Member
May 30, 2012
Canada
I love my Vivi Nova Mini, it's the most consistent clearo I have, but I've been going through coils like crazy (which for me is every week or so)... They get so gunked up and end up just tasting like burnt turd. I am apparently not capable of redoing the coil on them, and even tried buying wicks pre-wrapped with coil from CanVape, but even with those, I'm apparently so uncoordinated or something that I can't rebuild them to save my life. I tried rebuilding one twice now, and the first time I just plain messed it up and it wouldn't fire, and the second time it works (I read a tip somewhere, where they said to double up the wires that go to the bottom of the head to reduce the heat at the little gasket part so it doesn't burn... Not sure if that was a good idea or not though) but it doesn't really provide much in terms of vape. I can't find my multimeter for the life of me though, so I may have way too much resistance on it or something...

Is there a reason why they keep getting so gunked up and tasting like burnt so quickly? Like the coil on the wick part gets so crusted in such a short time (to me, maybe a week is normal) and no matter how hard I try to clean it, it still tastes bad. What method do you guys use to clean these things, and how frequently do you clean them? I'd say that I go through maybe 1.5ml of liquid per day. Doesn't seem to make a difference from dark liquids to clear liquids or not. I vape 70/30 juice, menthol doesn't seem to make a difference in longevity either. I love these things, because they are the most consistent performer I've ever used (I don't think I've ever had a dry vape on it yet), but their short lifespan and my inability to rebuild them is killing me. I also had one where the tube that the head screws on to somehow isn't straight anymore, so the seal at the top doesn't seal properly anymore, and it doesn't fire either anymore...

Abu_Gadu

Nov 11, 2012
Manila
I've been using the VV nova for more than 2 months now. I always use the 1.8ohm because the higher ohm heads severely mute the flavor. One day, after using a head for more than 2 weeks, I cleaned the whole thing through running water. After drying it, filled it with juice, I screwed it onto my mod. To my surprise, the tank fell off! I tried re-screwing it back but it won't. The threads suddenly shrunk! At first I thought my top cap had a loose thread but when I bought a new VV nova, the tank just fit in. Anyone encountered a "shrinking thread" on their vivis?

Last edited:

JaneinMesa

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 8, 2012
AZ
YES! I have shrinking threads! I have 2 big ones and 2 mini's. I even bought a new base for a big one. None of the big tanks fit my KGO anymore. They just fall out, the mini's still fit. I'm also going through heads like crazy. 60% can be cleaned and reused, the other 40% just aren't good either from the start or after a little usage. Some don't seem to withstand any cleaning/rinsing. They are juice and battery hogs. I'm getting frustrated and may have to try and quit vaping. Smoking was less expensive.

JaneinMesa

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 8, 2012
AZ
I hate cartos, too. I'm constantly filling them. The Vivi Nova's would be ok if . . . I'm just so frustrated at all the stuff I've purchased and so much of it is just plain junk. I've pretty much committed to not buying anymore stuff. I had my last cigarette 6 months ago, so maybe I'll take the next step and quit vaping. I'm finding vaping less and less fufilling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread