Best Cartomizers for refilling?

Status
Not open for further replies.

catjoyy

ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2012
Portland
Ok guys - I'm there. Having the tedious adventure of finding the right juice and flavors for me and figuring out why certain things are happening or not happening when I refill cartomizers. First question : Can someone recommend the best caromizers please? I've used V2 and Cigeasy so far. I thought about getting into the whole changing out the inner batting thing but it sounds like a big pain in the .... Is it possible to boil them to get the old flavor out? How many times can I fill one before it is worn out? Any and all help appreciated!

Woo hoo! 5th post :toast:

Mroutlaw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2012
Deerfield Beach, Florida
www.
Have you ever thought about switching to the bottom coil phoenix from gotvapes? It looks like a cartomizer and is the same shape, however it doesnt have fill. They dont leak a drop and have a great vape. They last a very long time and can be easily cleaned.

If you do want to stay with a cartomzier with fill, I suggest the cartomizers that smokeless image sells. They are horizontal bottom coil. They dont burn nearly as easily as other companies. I have a video on youtube that actually teaches how to turn one into a drip tester. In the video, I show the difference between the smokeless image and other cartomizers by showing you the inside. How to make your own Juice tester with an old cartomizer - YouTube

I personally would not bother trying to boil them. Its hit or miss as to whether they will work after. Try using similar flavors in them if you really want to use a different juice in one. Or better yet, take a look at the phoenix. One of my videos discusses that too.

As far as how long a carto lasts, that depends on your juice. High PG and dark juices will make it go bad faster. The thicker the juice, the more it "gunks" up. With the smokeless image one, I was able to refill them over and over. They lasted me about 1 month using 70vg/30pg juice

Beans

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Missoula Montana
Hello, IMHO Boge cartos are great! I've been using them for well over a year and so far no serious complaints other than the occasional defective one. Personally I never clean my cartos, I get a good 40 mls through mine before the taste seems to die off and it's time to toss. Cleaning them was always a crap shoot for me with a 50/50 survival rate and then the taste and ohm rating just was never the same.

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
Yeah I also spent lots of time cleaning cartos every way possible and they were just never the same and they last maybe another 2 days. The problem was after boiling them the filler would harden and was much less absorbent- worked great if I poked holes with a hairpin in the "crunchy" filler but just wasn't worth it. Now using clearos and very happy with the result.

catjoyy

ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2012
Portland
Have you ever thought about switching to the bottom coil phoenix from gotvapes? It looks like a cartomizer and is the same shape, however it doesnt have fill. They dont leak a drop and have a great vape. They last a very long time and can be easily cleaned.

If you do want to stay with a cartomzier with fill, I suggest the cartomizers that smokeless image sells. They are horizontal bottom coil. They dont burn nearly as easily as other companies. I have a video on youtube that actually teaches how to turn one into a drip tester. In the video, I show the difference between the smokeless image and other cartomizers by showing you the inside. How to make your own Juice tester with an old cartomizer - YouTube

I personally would not bother trying to boil them. Its hit or miss as to whether they will work after. Try using similar flavors in them if you really want to use a different juice in one. Or better yet, take a look at the phoenix. One of my videos discusses that too.

As far as how long a carto lasts, that depends on your juice. High PG and dark juices will make it go bad faster. The thicker the juice, the more it "gunks" up. With the smokeless image one, I was able to refill them over and over. They lasted me about 1 month using 70vg/30pg juice

Also I will check out the above- thanks Mroutlaw!

WallyO

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2012
Cicero,IL
Absolutely try the GotVapes Phoenix bottom coil carto's. They are awsome. Fantastic flavor using them. And they can be cleaned and dry burned if they get gunked up. I have used 70/30 all the way to 100% VG and have not had any issues with them. I've tried at least a dozen different cartomizer and tank styles and I am sold on the Phoenix bottom coil (for now anyway until something new wows me). Make sure you DO NOT get the TOP coil one. The top coils are crap. Dry hits and leakage, very disappointed.

Mroutlaw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2012
Deerfield Beach, Florida
www.
Absolutely try the GotVapes Phoenix bottom coil carto's. They are awsome. Fantastic flavor using them. And they can be cleaned and dry burned if they get gunked up. I have used 70/30 all the way to 100% VG and have not had any issues with them. I've tried at least a dozen different cartomizer and tank styles and I am sold on the Phoenix bottom coil (for now anyway until something new wows me). Make sure you DO NOT get the TOP coil one. The top coils are crap. Dry hits and leakage, very disappointed.

I agree the bottom coil are better, but they have fixed the top coil issues now.

The bottom coil are much better though. Get the 2.4-2.6ohm

cindycated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2011
San Francisco, CA
After a little over a year of cleaning polyfill cartos, I'm finally realizing that I really hate cleaning polyfill cartos! With a passion! :grr:
My best advice for cartos for refilling is just to skip them altogether and go for the new fillerless ones coming out (yeah, like the ones mentioned above).

Caridwen

ECF Moderator
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2011
The thing about cleaning cartomizers is they have to be dry before you reuse them. Otherwise they're a soggy mess.

You could try to clean them- nothing lost. But if you get them on sale, they're about $1.00 a piece. If you get a week out of a carto, that's about 14 cents a day. Two weeks and that's about 7 cents a day. Not really worth it IMO.

I like the plain old LR boge cartos. Use them a few days and toss them.

SkyDancer

ECF Veteran
May 19, 2012
Oklahoma

Akkk the 2.4-2.6ohm are sold out but I'll get a notification when they are back in stock. Thanks WallyO

Harplayr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2012
Florida
I agree the bottom coil are better, but they have fixed the top coil issues now.

The bottom coil are much better though. Get the 2.4-2.6ohm
How sturdy are these?
I cary my PV around in my front jeans pocket and have been reluctant to use any kind of a tank system for out and about travel because I'm afraid of breaking a seal and having a pocket full of goo.

(ok, that sounded bad :D)

Mroutlaw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2012
Deerfield Beach, Florida
www.
How sturdy are these?
I cary my PV around in my front jeans pocket and have been reluctant to use any kind of a tank system for out and about travel because I'm afraid of breaking a seal and having a pocket full of goo.

(ok, that sounded bad :D)

I am a landscaper and carry mine in my pocket and truck all day. It gets banged around and tossed and dropped all the time. It has not leaked a drop or broken yet. Actually, I had one break, I stepped in it, but that's the only one. I have 4 in rotation, each with a different flavored juice. I carry all 4 of them during the day. I refill 2 of them every day, sometimes twice, and the other 2 every 3 days. These are the same ones I started with 3 weeks ago and are still performing great. I haven't even cleaned or dry burned one yet. When it gets 3/4 empty, or in the morning, I too it off.

When you figure that the one that I use for mint has been refilled at least 30 times, that's great. I would have thought that sticking the needle in and out would have caused the needle hole to get bigger and rip, but it hasn't and still doesn't leak a drop.

Also, you can fill them/ top them off, without emptying it and opening up. I posted a video teaching people how.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_gs1I3LKpU

NGIB

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2012
Hinesville, GA
I echo everything Mroutlaw says about the bottom coil CE3s (GV calls them Phoenix). I've tried about everything out there and these just plain work. They're consistent and I've never had one leak at all. My first one went bad yesterday (I suspect the coil popped) and I had used it nearly a month and probably refilled it a dozen times - $2 well spent. I buy the CE3s from Discountvapers...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread