Looking for a wallet for an eGo style battery

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been using little 2"x3" ziploc bags to carry around my small juice bottles and cartomizers and stuff, and would like a thin wallet sized pouch I could put in my pocket to carry around my daily vaping gear. Here's what I would like it to be able to handle:

-Hold an battery up to an eGo Twist 1000 size
-Hold a few (2-4) small bottles of juice, (no larger than 5ML, or the thickness of an eGo)
-Hold a few cartomizers, or possibly 2-4 3.5ML carto tanks (again, about the thickness of an eGo / KGO)
-Have another small pocket for any adapter rings, like a shorty cone or eGo to 3.5ML tank cone, or spare drip tips

Ideally it would have velcro on three sides and open like a wallet. Does anyone know of such a wallet?

Thanks, Steve

Clovery

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2012
new jersey
I'm going to experiment with making one of these today...

This is probably a dumb question but there is no risk of ruining the batteries by putting them near magnets, right?

As much as a PITA it is to sew zippers, I think that'd be the best closure.... but I don't have any right now and if I go to Jo-Ann fabric, I'll spend half the day there :p I definitely have magnets, maybe velcro so I'm going to try it with that first.

Clovery

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2012
new jersey
okay so I tried making something with the materials I had on hand... I was going to use a zipper I found but it ended up being a little too short. So this is what I have so far.... I'm going to add another outer layer, more padding, and probably an inch all around in order to attach some velcro for closure.

The outside material is linen, the padding is quilt batting, the lining and pockets are calico, and there is elastic sewn in place to hold cartos and batteries. The pockets are big enough to hold a bottle or two of juice, or a vivi nova, and/or several small things like drip tips and atomizers.

It kinda looks like crap because I had to take off the zipper once I realized it wasn't going to work. The black battery is a 1000 mah twist and the pink one is a KGO, which is the same size as a 650 mah twist.

WP_000373.jpg WP_000375.jpg WP_000376.jpg WP_000377.jpg

any thoughts? suggestions? not sure if it's worth my time to make/sell these things. I have to finish this one, then try to duplicate and see how long that takes me.

xXSPOONEEXx

Verified Member
May 31, 2012
New Mexico
:vapor:whoa these are kewl clovery, let me know if you get to put em on etsy! Need somethin to protect my provari that finally got here today...yay! vape heaven:)
okay so I tried making something with the materials I had on hand... I was going to use a zipper I found but it ended up being a little too short. So this is what I have so far.... I'm going to add another outer layer, more padding, and probably an inch all around in order to attach some velcro for closure.

The outside material is linen, the padding is quilt batting, the lining and pockets are calico, and there is elastic sewn in place to hold cartos and batteries. The pockets are big enough to hold a bottle or two of juice, or a vivi nova, and/or several small things like drip tips and atomizers.

It kinda looks like crap because I had to take off the zipper once I realized it wasn't going to work. The black battery is a 1000 mah twist and the pink one is a KGO, which is the same size as a 650 mah twist.

View attachment 112607 View attachment 112608 View attachment 112609 View attachment 112610

any thoughts? suggestions? not sure if it's worth my time to make/sell these things. I have to finish this one, then try to duplicate and see how long that takes me.

Clovery

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2012
new jersey

Clovery

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2012
new jersey

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Maybe it is larger than what you had in mind, but did you consider any of the ego carrying cases?

Cases

Not really pocket worthy except for maybe a suit or coat pocket, but I have a large sized one that can hold a SB, BB, sets of batteries for each mod, a couple of 4X cartos, and a voltmeter. I hand carry it to and from work with me, store in in my locker at work (or a desk drawer would work too). Smaller sizes are available, and you can get the smaller battery cases that can hook onto the zipper of the larger case for more batteries, clearos, cartos, etc.

View attachment 115592

Last edited:

sugismimi

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2010
SOUTH CAROLINA
hI CLOVERY,
I have been toying with the same idea, as I don't see a lot of choices available, Ive gone from slim/snap wallets. big zip around wallets,ego cases,arts and crafts cases. the biggest problem i find is when closing, are the pockets or sections lets say, located in places where they dont rub on other items within the holder.

Also, the few that I have made I just used velcro, and/ or tie.
One thing that I have found that is definately a must is, waterproof materials. No matter how hard yo try that bottle is gonna leak(mine do anyway), the carto you didnt save the condom end for storage in your case, is leaking all over.

So a big ugly stain appears, then OMG is will start to smell if you don't wash it like every other week??!!

Those were my findings, but im not expert, just trying to make it easier to carry my stuff, cuz i love my stuff, and

A WOMAN NEVER KNOWS WHAT SHE MADE NEED OR WANT DURING THE COURSE OD THE DAY, SO WE PACK IT ALL!!!!!

BTW, I can't go into a craft store and leave anywhere near 2-3 hours most, haha. I could get lost and time just fly's by

hey PM me, I have a box of items that may be helpful to you in making these.

ttys
vape happy

View attachment 112607 View attachment 112608 View attachment 112609 View attachment 112610

KrasH

Moved On
Jul 25, 2012
Have you tried eye glass cases? I will be at the craft store getting material for a casket I am redoing for my studio, will see if there is anything there that is bag/purse friendly. I have a thing for cases myself, along with boxes :) so I may see something you might not have thought about. Will snap a few shots if I find anything.

I am the same way in a fabric store, hours go by and I usually scare the blue hairs in the afternoons around here.

John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread