Not open for further replies.

rolygate

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2009
ECF Towers
JF Etter is working with Dr J Hughes of u.o.Vermont on a research study of smokers' and ex-smokers' perceptions, and has asked ECF members to contribute. The details are below.

Senior staff:
Dr. John Hughes, University of Vermont, Burlington, VT, USA
JF Etter, PhD, Faculty of Medicine, University of Geneva, Switzerland

The Survey:
Study of Rewarding Events:
Questionnaire on rewarding events

Please complete the survey if you have a few minutes to spare - thanks.

Projectguy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2012
Oakville, ON
I started vaping on 6 June so I was, I thought going to be eligible, however; I also got the "Thank you for your willingness to participate, however, we are looking for survey respondents who fit a different profile."

I have a very keen interest in this study however I have to wonder what the good doctor is looking for........

PS I'm a banker so I see deception everywhere I think its referred to as paranoia.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
I think that's for active smokers no for professional vapers :D
I don't know, I answered the questions honestly (have not smoked for a long time now) and still made the grade.
Not sure what the criterion is, but it isn't about still smoking, because I said I do not still smoke.

Liscab

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 15, 2009
Miami fl.
I don't know, I answered the questions honestly (have not smoked for a long time now) and still made the grade.
Not sure what the criterion is, but it isn't about still smoking, because I said I do not still smoke.

probably they are looking for an specific answer i did not give as positive or negative

Liscab

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 15, 2009
Miami fl.
let's try it in here

. Is English your first language? no
2. What country do you live in? usa
3. How old are you? I am 54 years old
4. Do you currently smoke cigarettes? no
5. Have you used any stop-smoking medication in the last month? no
6. Do you plan to stop or reduce your smoking in the next 2 weeks? no I would say no applicable
7. Have you been sad, depressed or lost your ability to enjoy things every day for the last 2 weeks? no
8. In the last year, have you had memory problems that interfered with your work, schooling or every day chores, were noticeable by others and lasted for a month? no
9. In the last year, have you had trouble motivating yourself to do things such that it interfered with your work, schooling or everyday chores, was noticeable by others, and lasted for a month? no
10. In the last year, have you seen or heard things that were not there? no
11. Are you currently in treatment for any psychological, psychiatric or drug abuse problem? no
12. In the last year, have you had any neurological disorder such as Alzheimer's disease, Parkinson's disease, or dementia? no

I dont have psychological problems that why i was rejected

Spazmelda

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2011
Ohio
I answered that I hadn't smoked in over 6 months, and it still accepted me. Hmmm. Interesting.

I didn't know what to put for the question 'do you plan on quitting smoking in the next (can't remember- 2 weeks)?

I tried to leave it blank as there was no N/A. I ended up answering no, since I can't plan on quitting something I don't do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread