Not open for further replies.

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
Fairfield Township, OH, USA
www.facebook.com
How can I get a new firing pin for a mini, I just picked up raw aluminum mini that has a broken firing pin (literally broken almost completely in two,)
I figured it was fixable when I bought it, so I hope I can get a new pin for it

You should send it to Robert for a fix! He will not only do the firing pin but check out everything else to. You will end up with a "as new" REO!

Send him your email addy and your information. Let him know what you know is broken. He will have it back to you soon.

TennDave

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2010
Knoxville, TN
True!! If the aluminum shank part (that comes to a tip) is broken, that particular part is not sold for the DIY fixer...the other end attaches to the atty connector. Although if you're mechanically inclined, Rob might send you a piece and instruct you how to fix it, I say best bet is count on sending it in to him, but worth asking the question about self-fixin' too! Good luck and please let us know how it all turns out.

Rhapsodies Fire

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2010
Bow, WA, USA
www.reosmods.com
How can I get a new firing pin for a mini, I just picked up raw aluminum mini that has a broken firing pin (literally broken almost completely in two,)
I figured it was fixable when I bought it, so I hope I can get a new pin for it
Contact Rob directly. He can either send you the parts with instructions on how to replace them or you can send it to him for a thorough once over. But it's best to talk to him first before you decide to do it yourself. :)

Mudflap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2010
Tyler, Texas
If you bought it used and the fire pin is broken, that sucker has seen some hard use. :laugh:

I'd send it to Rob for a fix and a checkup because I'd be skeerd the gasket was also close to too far gone and a short/collapsed spring would be around the corner. I know Rob would replace that as well if it were needed.

That's just me, though. Good luck fixing it!

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
www.facebook.com
If you bought it used and the fire pin is broken, that sucker has seen some hard use. :laugh:

I'd send it to Rob for a fix and a checkup because I'd be skeerd the gasket was also close to too far gone and a short/collapsed spring would be around the corner. I know Rob would replace that as well if it were needed.

That's just me, though. Good luck fixing it!

I totally agree Tripp! It only costs $20 plus shipping to have it inspected and any defects repaired or replaced. If it is a minor problem it could be just $10 plus shipping. I sent one that I picked up to him. It had been totally taken apart and pieces were missing. Little over $20 I had a brand new functioning REO.

Dj Xy

I'm winning like Charlie
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2011
baltimore, maryland
Thanks everyone for the replies.
I'm gonna send it to Rob to be fixed, now it needs a center pin and gasket due to me trying to remove the broken firing pin :facepalm:
I really love my Mini, and figured this one would make a great backup once fixed, and polished up to a shine.

Last edited:

Up1tree

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2009
SoCal, USA
Hello everyone! Super busy with school and getting read for my interview Tuesday. nerves nerves... Anyways I had a question... Does the reo mini have this gasket that this fellow vaper labeled as #8 in his photo? I am getting a little leakage in the drip cup and the carto goes dry sometimes. Meh I bought it used you know? But it's still purdy.
Thanks!
Tree
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/reos-mods/288169-illustrated-guide-reo-english.html

Rhapsodies Fire

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2010
Bow, WA, USA
www.reosmods.com
That gasket is an insulator between the center post (positive) and the outside of the connector body (negative) ...it is there to keep the two seperate and keeps juice from going below. The juice is drawn up through the center of the center pin...through that little hole. it is not uncommon for a little juice to end up in the drip cup. That is what the drip cup is for....catching excess juice that comes out of the atties or cartos. Most often times, it is drawn back up into the atty upon the next draw. You may want to use the blind squonk method to add a little more juice to your carto if it feels dry.

Dj Xy

I'm winning like Charlie
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2011
baltimore, maryland
Got my mini back Friday after the post office held it hostage for 2 days since no one was home when,they tried to deliver it on Wednesday.
It works perfectly, the only bad thing was figuring out what juice to put in it (settled on ry4 from the vapor room for now).
I like how stiff the fire button is, I may have to send my other mini in for a tune up soon.

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
www.facebook.com
Got my mini back Friday after the post office held it hostage for 2 days since no one was home when,they tried to deliver it on Wednesday.
It works perfectly, the only bad thing was figuring out what juice to put in it (settled on ry4 from the vapor room for now).
I like how stiff the fire button is, I may have to send my other mini in for a tune up soon.

Glad you got it back! I knew you would even with Robert out of the shop for now. The tune-up sure can't hurt!

Dj Xy

I'm winning like Charlie
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2011
baltimore, maryland
Well with every bright point comes a dark point, Today my green and black mini, which has been my everyday mod (I would say I used it 90% of the day) failed me.
I had just put a fresh battery in it, went to take a puff and ..........................NOTHING.
The button stayed down, and right then I knew exactly what had happened, I took the battery out and sure enough the firing pin had broken in half (I was afraid it was gonna happen since the fire button was getting easier to push)
So just two day after I got one mini back, the other is now going to have to leave me for a short time to be repaired, with the same problem.
Yup thats how my luck goes.

Dj Xy

I'm winning like Charlie
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2011
baltimore, maryland
Sounds like we have another button masher in our midst :lol:
Guilty as charged :(
The first one that I sent in for repair came to me broken (I was fully aware of it needing repair when I bought it)
The green/black I also bought used, and used it every day since I got it.
I have learned my lesson, unfortunately the damage was already done and it was only a matter of time before the firing pin finally gave up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread