Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultracorp

Oct 11, 2009
Milwaukee
Get a load of this....

Processed through Sort Facility, October 13, 2009, 8:18 pm, CHICAGO, IL 60701

Processed through Sort Facility, October 14, 2009, 5:08 pm, OAK CREEK, WI 53154

Arrival at Post Office, October 15, 2009, 4:03 am, RACINE, WI 53403 (Umm why are they sending it farther away from Milwaukee, is that efficient?)

Processed through Sort Facility, October 15, 2009, 8:12 pm, OAK CREEK, WI 53154 (Back to Oak Creek again....)

Processed through Sort Facility, October 16, 2009, 9:03 pm, OAK CREEK, WI 53154 (I guess they just it to chill in OC for awhile?)

Remind me again why USPS is struggling?

HaploVoss

ECF Veteran
Aug 13, 2009
Rogersville, MO - USA
Unfortunately, mistakes do happen sometimes - at least they caught it before it went halfway accross the nation or something. I don't know where its destination is, but it would appear the package left out on route, hit Racine, WI - was tagged as an incorrect route and sent on it's way back... Depending on how many Hubs there are in certain cities, a package will actually arrive at the 'main' hub, go to another one - and that location is the one designated for 'ok all packages from this place get packed on the truck that leaves for city x'.

It sucks, but when you are the busiest shipping company in the world, with the least funding and you are understaffed pretty often - I am actually amazed it works out as well as it does!!

Hope you get your stoofs soon!!

Take care,
- Hap

Fiberweaver

ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2009
IL
At least yours got out of Chicago. Mine seems to be lost in the USPS Chicago Triangle.

Your item was processed through and left our CHICAGO, IL 60701 facility on October 13, 2009. The item is currently in transit to the destination. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

Detailed Results:

Electronic Shipping Info Received, October 13, 2009
Processed through Sort Facility, October 13, 2009, 6:25 pm, CHICAGO, IL 60701

Pawpaw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 5, 2009
North Texas
Detailed Results:

I've got one that's just a bit stranger. Check out the dates:

Detailed Results:

Electronic Shipping Info Received, October 14, 2009
Processed through Sort Facility, October 13, 2009, 8:16 pm, CHICAGO, IL 60701

alsmom

ECF Veteran
Oct 13, 2009
Crypton, Colorado
At least yours got out of Chicago. Mine seems to be lost in the USPS Chicago Triangle.

Your item was processed through and left our CHICAGO, IL 60701 facility on October 13, 2009. The item is currently in transit to the destination. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

Detailed Results:

mine said Electronic Shipping Info Received, October 14, 2009 for two days
and then magically it appeared in Kearny, NJ and was delivered on the 16th!
don't give up hope, I don't think they pdate the shipping info as often as UPS does:oops:

Pawpaw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 5, 2009
North Texas
Maybe they are employing some psychics now? LOL

Apparently so. The website still shows the same, but I had a surprise waiting for me in the mailbox this afternoon. :)

Got everything I ordered & they threw in a manual battery and a USB charger.

All evening, I've been alternating between Bud and my home mixed Cherry Cordial.

The Bud tastes great and has a terrific throat hit at 24 mg.

Thanks Steve & Mike!

dohsma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2009
WI, USA
Apparently so. The website still shows the same, but I had a surprise waiting for me in the mailbox this afternoon. :)

Got everything I ordered & they threw in a manual battery and a USB charger.

All evening, I've been alternating between Bud and my home mixed Cherry Cordial.

The Bud tastes great and has a terrific throat hit at 24 mg.

Thanks Steve & Mike!

Mark, its Mark :D

MHR7331

ECF Veteran
Sep 14, 2009
SoCal
I really don't get the animosity towards the USPS. Left to the private sector, anyone buying an e-cig online in Bumf^%k, Alabama would pay exorbitant prices for shipping, provided they even bothered servicing that area. But the post office does, as constitutionally-mandated, at a reasonable price. Think UPS gives a rats ... about anything other than profit margin?

kc0cmp

ECF Veteran
Aug 21, 2009
Harlingen TX. USA
I live in the Milwaukee area as well and mine usually goes from Oak Creek to my house, sounds like they screwed up. :) Couldn't tell you why, maybe they need a PV instead of whatever they are currently using. LOL

Yay! people from the cheese state! yum!

ok but seriously..yes USPS has been a colossal snafu most of it's existance..but just lately it is getting a lot worse.

I have a half-step-brother (dads step kid by a previous marrage) who's a postman in St Louis. He told me once that if you started shipping empty boxes insured for $500 that it'd pay off before you spent $500 in shipping...and this from a carrier. This carrier is the same fellow who'd kick aside all the sears and robucks catalogs, phone books and other cluster mailed items of weight to the very back of the truck and deliver one or two a day till they were gone..some being months old before getting delivered.

Long story short: The fact that I don't work for USPS means I should never realistically be accused of working for USPS..and for that i can be proud.

Ultracorp

Oct 11, 2009
Milwaukee
I really don't get the animosity towards the USPS. Left to the private sector, anyone buying an e-cig online in Bumf^%k, Alabama would pay exorbitant prices for shipping, provided they even bothered servicing that area. But the post office does, as constitutionally-mandated, at a reasonable price. Think UPS gives a rats ... about anything other than profit margin?

To be quite honest, I only suffered a very minor inconvenience and I know that operating USPS must be a logistical nightmare so I am willing to cut them some slack as long as they dont "loose" any of my packages.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread