Status
Not open for further replies.

ZambucaLu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2008
Central NY, USA
Hey everybody! Not sure where to post this but thought some of you might be interested.

Jim Davis found this site the other day: The Elektronic Smoking Solution : Elektric Blue

If you scroll down to the bottom of the page, you will find this claim:

**The Elektric Blue Electronic Cigarette is FDA Approved as a medical device. This product does contain nicotine which has been proven to be highly addictive. This product may not be used by individuals under the age of 18.

Jim apparently questioned them about this and they said yes, it is FDA approved: FDA#: 3007697818

So I'm just wondering....how can they claim this? Anyone guess what this is all about?

Lu

Snarkyone

ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2009
Your mom said not to say...
Not to mention it's a lame looking over priced kit. No cartridge last as long as they claim theirs does, cartomizers are hard pressed to do that let alone one of the 3 piece units. It kills me to see that crap on sites, then the customer is in for a big surprise and is all bent out of shape when they find that it's closer to 4 cigarettes per cart if that.

kevbow

Unregistered Supplier
May 27, 2009
CT
teatimeliquid.com
I got the same answer Kevbow; I sent the guy another e-mail, politely stating he was full of poop, along with his statements of "Healthier", "Use it anywhere", "1 cart = 1 pack". We'll see if he answers.
Good.....this guy needs to be called out on his false claims....he and his website give the industry a bad name.

BigJimW

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 17, 2009
Warwick, RI
www.moonport.org
Your FDA claim information. Please provide me with the FDA approval number, and not simply the registration number that you registered your company with the FDA. If you do not provide this approval information within the next 24 business hours, I will be filing a complaint with the FDA regarding your claim. A claim like this gives the industry a bad name. Thanks!

- Jim

Lets see them run from that. And I will follow up with the FDA about this.

Last edited:

kevbow

Unregistered Supplier
May 27, 2009
CT
teatimeliquid.com
Lets see them run from that. And I will follow up with the FDA about this.
Nice Jim.....they also claim you get 50% off your first order but when I got to the checkout process.....the point where they wanted my CC number it didn't give me 50% off. These guys are a total scam and give the e-cigarette industry a bad name.

Snarkyone

ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2009
Your mom said not to say...
I think that 50% off the first order was if you signed up with AlertPay instead of Paypal. Not that I am defending this foolish site. I hate jerks like this out to make a quick buck and mislead people, no doubt there is some retiree somewhere getting ready to write out a check or hit the enter button to place on order with this twit! We need to hit him with a DOS, that should send a message.

I would also love to see all the members call his number this weekend and leave a bunch of voice mails on his machine maybe that will get the point across.

Sun Vaporer

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Florida
This is why I would be shocked if Judge Leon does not find for the FDA with regards to regulation---Just look at these claims made by this company:

Reasons people use Eleckric Blue Cigarettes include:
  • Healthier Smoking with no Tar nor Carcinogens
  • Freedom to smoke anywhere and everywhere
  • No first or second hand smoke
  • No odor
  • Non-flammable
  • Convenient and cheaper than traditional cigarettes
  • Ability to reduce levels to help with cessation
This is SE all over again.

Sun

newkirk

ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
North Carolina
I really dislike cross-posting, but this is the post I made to the thread about this company in the 'General E-Smoking Discussion' forum (makes me wonder if "Ken Burrows" is an alias for "Ken Steltmen"...):

whois elektricblue.com 8-o

Domain Name: ELEKTRICBLUE.COM
Created on: 13-Mar-09
Expires on: 13-Mar-10
Last Updated on: 06-May-09

Administrative Contact:
Steltmen, Ken
The Steltmen Group, Inc.
1005 Terminal Way Suite 110
Reno, Nevada 89502
United States
800935565971 Fax --

Not even a real phone number.

If you google "Steltmen group" you'll find all sorts of interesting reading on mortgage processing, fraud, lawsuits, and other fun stuff! :shock:

I guess with the bottom falling out of the mortgage fraud business, Ken is branching out...

Gets even more interesting if you google the address, which turns up 'cash today limited', 'allied home mortgage capital', at least a dozen other businesses. Digging deeper, turns out 1005 terminal way is the US post office right next to the airport...
j

newkirk

ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
North Carolina
This is why I would be shocked if Judge Leon does not find for the FDA with regards to regulation---Just look at these claims made by this company:

Reasons people use Eleckric Blue Cigarettes include:

They forgot number one:
"People generally recognize the potential life-saving benefit offered by personal nicotine vaporizers, and are too ignorant of the product market to look for a vendor who's not scamming them"

j

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread