(Genesis style)Smoktech VIVI TANK rebuildable atomizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

deezdrama

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 5, 2012
illinois
I noticed this pic posted in another thread...
6275d709-425a-e66c.jpg
How great would it be to be able to get a rebuildable atty/tank genesis style system on the cheap mass produced! Ive pondered getting a zenesis atty for my provari but cant see spending $150 and waiting a year to get one, I recentlly got in on a co-op for a very nice mini genesis style atty but still have a month or more before I will get it.

This smoktech genesis will be a great option for those wanting to get in on the rebuildable game for cheap with no waiting!

The question is, when will it become available?
I cant find much info on these... Does anyone know when these will be released and at what price?

deezdrama

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 5, 2012
illinois
Are these different from the Vivi Nova tanks that are rebuildable and if so how are they different?

very different, just look on youtube at genesis style atomisers.
You have your juice in a bottom tank, above the tank is your - and + connection posts, a rolled stainless steel mesh wick sticks out of the juice tank and you roll your own coil on the wick attaching it to the - and + posts. These genesis style systems dont use any silica wick or pollyfill, its arguably the healthiest vaping platform out there since your using stainless steel mesh as the wick. Nice pure clean taste... $20 worth of mesh and wire will last you a decade easily.

Justinking

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jul 22, 2011
Asheville NC
www.vapeunited.com
Looks the same as any rebuildable atty/ Tank, Look at dfwvapor.com, and look at the RAtank, it has spring loaded posts, and is the easiest rebuild-able atty/tank system out. The smok version seems to be pretty much the same, just smaller, is very different from the vivi Nova Tank, as in you rebuild the coils, and the vivi nova has insert-able pre-built Coils. $61 at dfwvapor for the RAtank, Just marked down friday morning! :D

deezdrama

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 5, 2012
illinois
With the cost of replaceable atties for these down around $2.50-$3.00 the genesis style system seems a little redundant anymore.

hmmm... I see the complete opposite of this statement. The co-op i joined for a mini genesis had a 300 unit capacity which filled up in just days. Zenesis is always backed up, and so are the other modders out there who make these and cant keep up with demand.

I use stardusts, vivi nova's , carto's, dual coil carto tanks, vision stone, ce2's, ce3- and they all have had issues of some form. I have to rebuild my stardusts once a week, my nova tanks have been nothing but problems and just now working right after rebuilding it several times and fixing the hot coil leg issue these novas have.

A genesis can be ran for decades with a 75 foot roll of kanthal wire ($5) and a 12"x12" stainless mesh sheet ($15) They are easily recoiled, best taste and vapor production out there, and safest wicking material....

How this is redundant I fail to see.

deezdrama

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 5, 2012
illinois
Looks the same as any rebuildable atty/ Tank, Look at dfwvapor.com, and look at the RAtank, it has spring loaded posts, and is the easiest rebuild-able atty/tank system out. The smok version seems to be pretty much the same, just smaller, is very different from the vivi Nova Tank, as in you rebuild the coils, and the vivi nova has insert-able pre-built Coils. $61 at dfwvapor for the RAtank, Just marked down friday morning! :D

Awesome! I wasnt aware of this vendor or RAtank he builds, I might have to try one of these out untill my mini genesis comes in.

Any other readily available genesis style atties out there?

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
hmmm... I see the complete opposite of this statement. The co-op i joined for a mini genesis had a 300 unit capacity which filled up in just days. Zenesis is always backed up, and so are the other modders out there who make these and cant keep up with demand.

I use stardusts, vivi nova's , carto's, dual coil carto tanks, vision stone, ce2's, ce3- and they all have had issues of some form. I have to rebuild my stardusts once a week, my nova tanks have been nothing but problems and just now working right after rebuilding it several times and fixing the hot coil leg issue these novas have.

A genesis can be ran for decades with a 75 foot roll of kanthal wire ($5) and a 12"x12" stainless mesh sheet ($15) They are easily recoiled, best taste and vapor production out there, and safest wicking material....

How this is redundant I fail to see.

I wouldn't have a clue about so much of this stuff if it weren't for people like you fighting the good fight--that we all benfit so much from. This is just a thank you coming from a passerby.

Thanks!

deezdrama

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 5, 2012
illinois
:D No problem....

and I want to thank Justinking for the headsup on the RAtank! I ordered one from dfwvapor.com and then jumped over to crystalclearvaping.com and picked up a black bolt pv...
I noticed the RAtank is a little wider than a provari so I think putting it on a black bolt which is a little thicker will look and workout great.

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    IMO the redundancy of the rebuildables has always been the cost. Now if Smoktech comes out with that thing in the 15-20$ range, and it wicks properly without flooding it will be a viable alternative. First thing I noticed is that it doesn't have the wire mesh wick, and relies on just a silica wick threaded through the holes. That might be a little tough to get right. Only takes a coupe of minutes to rewick/coil a Nova type atty.

Last edited:

deezdrama

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 5, 2012
    illinois
    IMO the redundancy of the rebuildables has always been the cost. Now if Smoktech comes out with that thing in the 15-20$ range, and it wicks properly without flooding it will be a viable alternative. First thing I noticed is that it doesn't have the wire mesh wick, and relies on just a silica wick threaded through the holes. That might be a little tough to get right. Only takes a coupe of minutes to rewick/coil a Nova type atty.

I will agree with the cost issue, this is why I have not got into genesis systems until lately, If smoktech can get this one out the door for $50 or less I think it will be a huge market for them.... Untill then the RAtank looks to be a nice deal.

I just get tired of cartos,stardusts,novas, and everything getting that gunked up coil "off" taste after about a week of heavy vaping , even a good rinse and dry burn wont get all the burnt gunk off of the coil, on a genesis system you can pop the cap off and have easy access to the coil itself for easy cleaning, essentially bringing the taste back to perfect again without having to cut wick and recoiling like on a stardust or nova- it might only take a few minutes to rewick/coil a nova but gets old quick when you have multiple units to rewick/coil every week

deezdrama

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 5, 2012
    illinois

deezdrama

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 5, 2012
    illinois
    Let us know how that tank works out theratank looks nice.

will do....

Theres a bunch of good pics here and vids of the RAtank...
    THE RA TANK BY CRACK

there is 2 wick holes which will leave alot of options, a single wick and plug other hole, 2 wicks running dual coil, or a single u shape wick, stainless mesh should be no problem...

they are setup alot like the scubagen mini im getting in a co-op... bell2.jpg

Underwhelmed

Account closed on request
    ECF Veteran
    May 22, 2012
    Texas
    i think madvapes is gunna have em soon, from what i smoketech told me today...

I saw the Smoktech down in the Got Vapes Alpha thread listed as coming soon. No details as to when or how much other than it would probably go straight out for sale. So, I guess the use the customers as guinea pigs model is still working for them ATM.

From the photos I saw you would need a set of hemostats to change the wick since it has a one piece tank and the wick sets down inside the top section.

I've got a Defcon mini coming so at this point I don't care.

deezdrama

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 5, 2012
    illinois
    From the photos I saw you would need a set of hemostats to change the wick since it has a one piece tank and the wick sets down inside the top section.

I've got a Defcon mini coming so at this point I don't care.

Ya the smok vivi tank looks awesome but that is a pretty stupid design, the metal topcap comes off leaving the coil and terminals down inside the recess of the tube. unless you coil the wick first,then stick it in and make your connections, even that would be a pain unless they are including some special tool

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread