Status
Not open for further replies.

BuGlen

Divergent
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2012
Tampa, Florida
As the title suggests, I'm on a quest for some quality glass / pyrex tanks. I'm already aware of the most popular ones (see list below), and I have a Siam Mods tank now that has sparked the itch to get more. If anyone knows can help me locate some other options to check out, I would be much obliged!

Siam Mods Glass tanks: Siam Mods - Glass Tanks (I have the clear XL version and I'm seriously digging it)

Phiniac Tanks: The Phiniac Tank - Phiniac Rugged Pyrex Glass Tanks (The etched XL tank is already on my short list)

Clean Tanks: Clean Tanks - Avid Vaper (The Parva One Piece is on my short list)

Others?

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Triple V pyrex tanks from Valley View Vapes. I did a recent review of mine here: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...-valley-view-tanks-7ml-pyrex-tank-review.html Incredibly inexpensive and simple, these are a larger capacity compared to other pyrex vendors. Sold as a grommet tank, meaning the stock tank uses large grommets instead of delrin or metal end caps. Available in clear and frosted. I believe he is now offering metal end caps for an extra charge.

IBTanked has a selection of pyrex tanks, both plain and "painted". I really like some in the Motley group. IBTanked Home

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
IBTanked has a selection of pyrex tanks, both plain and "painted". I really like some in the Motley group. IBTanked Home

thank you for the link, I too love glass tanks, I have a phiniac and 2 triple tanks. The ones at IBTanked, it says you can get the "glass only" about 10.00 or complete at 30.00. Does this mean they send you just the glass part and no end caps?
They dont sell end caps and will most standard end caps fit? Just curious, I love the selection of colors in the solid selection.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
thank you for the link, I too love glass tanks, I have a phiniac and 2 triple tanks. The ones at IBTanked, it says you can get the "glass only" about 10.00 or complete at 30.00. Does this mean they send you just the glass part and no end caps?
They dont sell end caps and will most standard end caps fit? Just curious, I love the selection of colors in the solid selection.
I honestly don't know, the website is rather confusing. This appears to be a small family owned business where mom & pop and the kids all participate. At the bottom of the page there is a contact link to two email addresses where you may ask questions and order their products.

I have not used this company as of yet. I was recently made aware of the website via the message board over at Vapatron.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
The e-cig has really nice, high-quality pyrex glass tanks. I have a 3ml tank (amber) and absolutely love it.
These look very clean and well made. a couple of questions based on your experience:

1) Did you get your 3ml amber tank with the chrome metal or delrin end caps? Any thoughts on your choice of the end caps pro or con?

2) Also what mod are you using with your tank?

3) What cartomizer are you using in the tank?

I have several of the 3.5 and 6 ml polypropylene SmokTech DCT tanks and a couple of the 7 ml pyrex Triple V tanks, mostly for my Silver Bullet.

I'm looking for a smaller sized pyrex tank that would look good on my smaller-sized black Altsmoke BB. These 3ml pyrex tanks from Ecig look like they might be a nice match, width wise, to "dress it up".

Last edited:

BuGlen

Divergent
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2012
Tampa, Florida
Triple V pyrex tanks from Valley View Vapes. I did a recent review of mine here: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...-valley-view-tanks-7ml-pyrex-tank-review.html Incredibly inexpensive and simple, these are a larger capacity compared to other pyrex vendors. Sold as a grommet tank, meaning the stock tank uses large grommets instead of delrin or metal end caps. Available in clear and frosted. I believe he is now offering metal end caps for an extra charge.

Nice! The Triple V grommet design looks cool, but it says they use 45mm cartos. The Boge XL cartos I use in my tanks now are 50mm (according to the site from which I got them), so I'm not sure if they'll work.

I really love the look of the IBTanked tanks and the hand made designs. Very sharp and great prices! Does anyone know if a Boge XL carto will sit flush in these?

I get my glass tanks from High Desert Ecigs They are really nice tanks! bnrk

I like the Smiley tank on the 'for sale' page! :D These are at a good price point for hand made blown glass designs.

The e-cig has really nice, high-quality pyrex glass tanks. I have a 3ml tank (amber) and absolutely love it.

New! Pyrex Glass Tanks For Your Ecig

Another nice find! The price point is a bit high for plain designs (which I like) with what appears to be standard DCT SS caps. I imagine these will probably work best with the pre-punched SmokTech cartos rather than Boge cartos I punch myself.

These are all very cool and please keep adding to the thread if you find more! Thanks! :2cool:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Baditude -- How well do the 7ml Pyrex Triple V Tanks fit on your SB? They are just a millimeter or so wider than my Bolts, so I imagine they look & feel pretty streamlined on the Silver Bullet? Thanks

There are 3 pics of one on my Silver Bullet in the review, and one pic on my BB. Click on the link in my original response in this thread.
View attachment 116921

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Nice! The Triple V grommet design looks cool, but it says they use 45mm cartos. The Boge XL cartos I use in my tanks now are 50mm (according to the site from which I got them), so I'm not sure if they'll work.
As long as the cartomizer is not shorter than the entire tank length, any carto should work. They are all the same diameter. A 50mm carto would stick out a few mm on either end; if you place the tank against the mod connector, the overhang would be on the drip tip side...not a huge problem in my eyes. In fact, I think I might like that look of an extended drip tip.

I like the Smiley tank on the 'for sale' page! :D These are at a good price point for hand made blown glass designs.
I liked the green gecko lizard in the "sold" page...lol looked like a real tiny lizard crawling on the tank. I also liked the blue frog, but I'd have to get one in green with red eyes like the Brazillian red-eyed green tree frog which are my favorite animal. So cute!

Again, these appear to be grommet tanks, with no option for metal end caps.

BuGlen

Divergent
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2012
Tampa, Florida
As long as the cartomizer is not shorter than the entire tank length, any carto should work. They are all the same diameter. A 50mm carto would stick out a few mm on either end; if you place the tank against the mod connector, the overhang would be on the drip tip side...not a huge problem in my eyes. In fact, I think I might like that look of an extended drip tip.

Yes, you are correct and that's a good point. I would prefer to have the carto flush with the top cap like with my current Siam Mods tank, but it's not a deal breaker if there a couple mm of carto sticking out the top. This might actually be a good thing to allow for air flow adjustment by moving the tank up the carto a smidgen on certain tube mods.

I liked the green gecko lizard in the "sold" page...lol looked like a real tiny lizard crawling on the tank. I also liked the blue frog, but I'd have to get one in green with red eyes like the Brazillian red-eyed green tree frog which are my favorite animal. So cute!

Again, these appear to be grommet tanks, with no option for metal end caps.

So what's the deal with the grommet ends? I saw on one of the sites that it was recommend to use a syringe between the carto and the top o-ring to fill the tank, but wouldn't that eventually damage the o-ring? I would imagine also that it would be a bit of a challenge to keep the grommets in the correct location, but I have no experience with these so I don't really know.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Those glass tanks that are $5 for the tank only -- I wonder if you can use them with the fittings from a regular dual coil tank.
My concern would be that the end caps might not fit the glass tank. The vendor of the tank might tell you where he gets his end caps from or what company supplies him. I don't know if I'd put all my trust into just the tiny 0 rings in an end cap to depend on holding a tank together.

I think there is quite a bit of variation in the pyrex tanks, as they seem to be custom made per distributor, and the distributors know which end caps fit best for their particular glass.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
So what's the deal with the grommet ends? I saw on one of the sites that it was recommend to use a syringe between the carto and the top o-ring to fill the tank, but wouldn't that eventually damage the o-ring? I would imagine also that it would be a bit of a challenge to keep the grommets in the correct location, but I have no experience with these so I don't really know.

Using just grommets instead of end caps is what makes these tanks so inexpensive. A large percentage of the final cost of the more expensive, high quality tanks comes from the cost of included end caps.

This is the trade off: The soft silicone grommets can be considered fragile, care has to be taken during filling with juice. I was able to fill mine without damaging the grommets with a blunt needle, but if you are not careful these are vulnerable to tearing. Extra grommets and 0 rings are available dirt cheap from the vendor.

However, once filled, hardly anything can harm the grommets or these tanks. The grommet/o rings fit very securely to the carto. This is the reason for the needle fill technique, the carto will not slide out from the grommets without some major effort.

These tanks do do what they were designed to do...inexpensively hold a large capacity of liquid without any worries of leakage or accidently falling off the mod, and not being affected by certain juices known to damage polycarbonate tanks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread