Ego-C Twist 1000mah charging

Status
Not open for further replies.

stefette

Jul 17, 2012
Hello everyone, first off, this site helped me a lot, but this time I had to create an account in order to ask something.
Yesterday I've received my Ego-C Twist 1000mah battery. 5 or more hours ago the battery blinked more times (it was empty). I put it in the USB charger but it hasn't finished charging it yet!! I also got it off and put it back again, but it's the same thing. If I take it out though, it seems like it works ( no bleeping), but I'm afraid to ruin something/want it to work good.. what should I do??

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
Just leave it charging for another hr or so. Some chargers are slower charging version.

Hello everyone, first off, this site helped me a lot, but this time I had to create an account in order to ask something.
Yesterday I've received my Ego-C Twist 1000mah battery. 5 or more hours ago the battery blinked more times (it was empty). I put it in the USB charger but it hasn't finished charging it yet!! I also got it off and put it back again, but it's the same thing. If I take it out though, it seems like it works ( no bleeping), but I'm afraid to ruin something/want it to work good.. what should I do??

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
What you could you is time it so that it's charging while you're asleep. Be forewarned there is the rare chance the charger shut off chip fails and batt melts or explodes. VERY, VERY, VERY RARE but just want you to be aware.

Yeah, that's why I said I will have to buy a reserve batt (probably 650mah this time), so I don't have to smoke cigs in the meantime(like I'm doing now). So will I have to wait this long everytime?

stefette

Jul 17, 2012
What you could you is time it so that it's charging while you're asleep. Be forewarned there is the rare chance the charger shut off chip fails and batt melts or explodes. VERY, VERY, VERY RARE but just want you to be aware.
Do you mean I should charge it regardless of it being charged or not before I sleep? Also, is the melting/exploding more common in Ego-C's or why do you say that?

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
Do you mean I should charge it regardless of it being charged or not before I sleep?
Time it so the batt is dead when you go to sleep and just before beddie- bye put it on the charger.
Also, is the melting/exploding more common in Ego-C's or why do you say that?
ALL battery chargers have a shutoff chip in them- screw guns, flashlights, PV batt chargers, etc. When the batt reaches a certain voltage the shutoff chip reads this and turns off current to the batts.

Reactions: Earthtograce

stefette

Jul 17, 2012
Time it so the batt is dead when you go to sleep and just before beddie- bye put it on the charger.
How do I do this without cancelling some vaping sessions? Is it bad if I just put it even if it's not empty in charge?
battery chargers have a shutoff chip in them- screw guns, flashlights, PV batt chargers, etc. When the batt reaches a certain voltage the shutoff chip reads this and turns off current to the batts.
About voltage, should the voltage be set the lowest or highest when putting it for charge?

stefette

Jul 17, 2012
It doesn't matter and if the batt is not fully drained when placed on the charger it doesn't matter as these batts don't have a memory unlike the older batts.
Ok, thanks, I will probably put it every night before sleep at charge then. I'm still waiting for my cig to finish charging though - it doesn't seem to want to finish at all.

HawkeyeFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2012
Clermont, FL
What charger do you have? Dd you buy it with the Twist, or did you have it previously? How many volts and MAH does it put out. The stanard eGo chargers around usually around 4.2v and 420mah.. If you're using an old pen style battery charger, chances are it's not putting out as much power, and thus is taking longer.

GIMike

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 15, 2009
Around OKC, OK
Do you mean I should charge it regardless of it being charged or not before I sleep? Also, is the melting/exploding more common in Ego-C's or why do you say that?

I know you may not have this company in Romania, but this type of product is available in TONS of makes and models and should be available anywhere. For $5-$20, you could save not only your battery, but possibly your stuff and maybe your life. Why take the risk? http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc...&langId=-1&keyword=outlet+timer&storeId=10051

mostapha

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2012
Atlanta, GA
I have a 650 twist, and it does take a while to charge. I can go through 2 180 mAh 901 batteries waiting for it easily. I've come to do the charger dance with it attached to my laptop when it dies about half way through my day: battery blinks, I put it on the charger…i want a vape, i take it off, vape, and put it back on. That's not the best way to treat Lithium Ion batteries, but the twists are also pretty cheap.

I'll stop doing that when I order a second. Also, if you have 2 batteries, get 2 chargers. They cost like $7.

And there's always a chance of a battery going into a failure state (overcharging, venting gas, exploding) when you leave them on a charger……but the technology to avoid it has been around for a long time. The only reason it's more of a concern with ecigs than, say, laptops or phone is because the circuitry is mostly from China and because they're all cheap……there's less quality control.

No one thinks twice about leaving a phone or laptop plugged in for hours at a time unsupervised, and it's very similar technology. I'm not saying it's 100% safe (because I don't want to get sued) but I've left every rechargeable battery I've ever used plugged in to a charger over night and never had a failure of any kind. It seems like it's just one of those things that can fail catastropically, so people like warning others in case they don't know.

DantesInferno

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2012
Central Illinois
This Ego C Twist 1000 battery takes forever to charge!!

+1. Yeah what's the deal with that? Lol. I completely gave up using the "rapid" USB charger. My multi charger I had for regular ego batteries seems to work much faster. Probably around 5-6 hours to fully charge a dead battery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread