KGO SLB - What atty or Tank do you use?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, I am new to vaping again and recently purchases a KGO from Dark City Vapors. After having it for a few weeks I have been doing quite well with the analogs. Was smoking 30 or so a day, down to about 8. Now my KGO seems to be frying attys and I had a cartomizer that came with it that I was reluctant to fill since I didn't want to waster juice, finally filled it and it only tasted yummy for a few days.
My question is, what atomizer or the part you screw on the battery is the best to use with this battery/unit.

It is definitely the best unit I have owned so far, but i just cannot see quitting analogs yet, since I am not 100% confident in the vapor delivery since it has burned up like 5 attys this week.

Now I did fill 12 of them in the last 3 weeks or so with different flavors and can fix some by soaking and cleaning them, but the flavor and vape seems to drop off after a few weeks it seems.

Anyone have some advice on how to keep this unit consistent until I can afford my Provari.

Thanks for any input guys, I have to say, after 25 years of smoking, this is the longest I have ever been only smoking 6 to 10 analogs a day. I can already tell the difference in my sense of smell and taste and not so much coughing in the morning.

Thanks,
Dan

KForrester86

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2012
Columbia, PA
I use a Mom and Pops Mini-Submarine with a 2ohm Boge Cartomizer. I been using the same cartomizer that came pre-assembled in the tank for 7 days now with no issues.

Tanks - Mom and Pop Vapor Shop

You could also try 1.5-1.8ohm cartomizers with your kGo for a vape with a little more power then the 2ohm provides at 3.7v something like this, but there are so many different variations and ohm ranges. I think 1.5-2.0ohm range with a 3.7v setup is ideal.

eGo Mega Dual Coil Cartomizer

Last edited:
Thanks my friend, I think I may wait for a few more suggestions, but plan on ordering something soon or else I will wind up full blown smoking again you know.
I am looking for a good cuban cigar flavor, when I was using a lower voltage unit a year or so ago i was smoking cuban cigar from wet your stick , It was yummy but it seems at higher voltages it tastes like water after a few vapes.

Anyway, thanks for the reply.
Dan

Hi Echo, When you say into dripping I guess I would like to know the official definition. Right now I carry liquid with me and I guess top it off when the flavor tends to fade.
When dripping you get 4 or 5 good vapes or do you have to drip liqid each time you want a puff?
Thanks for everyones input on this. I have to find time in my day today to order a few things for my KGO. Also, what is a HH.357. Could you post a link.

Darthvong

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2012
Ohio. USA
I have the same set. I bought it about a month ago and was a 2 pack a day smoker. After much trial and error I have found that 1.7 smoktech cartos, Viva Nova 2.5 and the new CE3 XL Bottom coils work the best for me. I only use Gandalf from Heather's Heavenly Vapors or Boba's Bounty from AVE. I have totally quit analogs using this.

That is some great info there Darth, thanks, I will order me a few of those today. I have been a pack and a half a day smoker for 20 or more years and have gotten down to 8 or 10 analogs a day using this so far. Only had it a few weeks and still looking for that consistency.
Still looking for that perfect flavor too. I love the vanilla bourbon from highbrow so far, but still not quite what I am looking for. A good sweet tabacco would be nice, not too sweet though, some are like eating candy,,, too much for me.
Thanks again
Dan

Darthvong

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2012
Ohio. USA
That is some great info there Darth, thanks, I will order me a few of those today. I have been a pack and a half a day smoker for 20 or more years and have gotten down to 8 or 10 analogs a day using this so far. Only had it a few weeks and still looking for that consistency.
Still looking for that perfect flavor too. I love the vanilla bourbon from highbrow so far, but still not quite what I am looking for. A good sweet tabacco would be nice, not too sweet though, some are like eating candy,,, too much for me.
Thanks again
Dan

That's why I love Boba's it has a slight sweet finish but very subtle. Gandalf is a very smooth clean cigar like tobacco. Closest thing to a real cig I have vaped. Try sample bottles of each first to see if you like them. The CE3 XL bottom coils are off the hook with vapor and taste.

Darthvong

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2012
Ohio. USA
Okay Darth Again, I am still new to all of this and do not know where to find Boba's and Gandalf, Or the bottom coil you are talking about. Can you include links please, or tell me where to look so I know what you are talking about.
Thanks
Dan

OOPS sorry about that. LOL

Heather's Heavenly Vapes sells the Gandalf Juice
Heathers Heavenly Vapes, Top Quality Custom E-Liquids

Alien Visions Ejuice sells Boba's Bounty Juice
Alien Visions E-Juice

I picked up my CE3 XL bottom coils from DiscountVapers but they are currently out of stock. However Gotvapes.com has the CE3 XL Bottom coils (Phoenix) and the Viva Nova 2.5 both on their site.

Darthvong

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2012
Ohio. USA
I greatly appreciate it. The only thing I hate is shipping. If you can get everything at one place you dont have to pay shipping from 3 different places you know.
Thanks again Darth , you have been a great help.

Oh I know. Believe me. My problem has been the vendors I buy juice from don't carry the hardware I use and vice versa. However I have heard good things about GotVapes juice, just haven't pulled the trigger yet.

What blend of PG/VG should I get Darth?
Also, when looking at buying atty's or cart's what fits the SLB KGO - is it a 901 a 301 a 501 ,, how do I know what to buy when it comes to what size the threads are on the battery?
I know this may sound silly, but it is a lot to take in when you are starting out again,, so many choices,,

Last edited:
Okay, got everything ordered finally - Now I can't wait for it to get here. I ordered 10 - of the CE3 bottom coils - they are not the XL's but i think will do fine for me. Also, ordered 30 mil bottle of Gandalf juice. Hope it tastes like honeynut cheerios which is what a lot of the reviews said.
Thanks for all of your help and comments, now I can't wait to get everything. I didn't notice what ohms the CE3's were but it will be alright. I am still new to all of this anyway.
I would have bought the Viva Nova and a CE3 from one vendor until I figured out they were in Canada and I couldn't figure out payment or shipping. Oh well, will get a Viva Nova next time I order stuff.

Bullette the Cowdog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2012
Treasure Coast, FL
Okay, I am new to vaping again and recently purchases a KGO from Dark City Vapors. After having it for a few weeks I have been doing quite well with the analogs. Was smoking 30 or so a day, down to about 8. Now my KGO seems to be frying attys and I had a cartomizer that came with it that I was reluctant to fill since I didn't want to waster juice, finally filled it and it only tasted yummy for a few days.
My question is, what atomizer or the part you screw on the battery is the best to use with this battery/unit.

It is definitely the best unit I have owned so far, but i just cannot see quitting analogs yet, since I am not 100% confident in the vapor delivery since it has burned up like 5 attys this week.

Now I did fill 12 of them in the last 3 weeks or so with different flavors and can fix some by soaking and cleaning them, but the flavor and vape seems to drop off after a few weeks it seems.

Anyone have some advice on how to keep this unit consistent until I can afford my Provari.

Thanks for any input guys, I have to say, after 25 years of smoking, this is the longest I have ever been only smoking 6 to 10 analogs a day. I can already tell the difference in my sense of smell and taste and not so much coughing in the morning.

Thanks,
Dan

Hey Dan
Bullette the Kgo fan here.
If those clearos & tanks get to be too much leaky messy hassle, get some Smokteck 1.7 cartomizers for the Kgo. I use them without a tank & I get great throat hit with my vg juice.

Also...Mr Cowdog likes cigar juice. He's using Halo's Bella Valente.

Darthvong

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2012
Ohio. USA
Hey Dan
Bullette the Kgo fan here.
If those clearos & tanks get to be too much leaky messy hassle, get some Smokteck 1.7 cartomizers for the Kgo. I use them without a tank & I get great throat hit with my vg juice.

Also...Mr Cowdog likes cigar juice. He's using Halo's Bella Valente.

I agree about the Smokteck 1.7 cartos. They work great, but I love the CE3's once you get used to how to fill them which is a little bit more involved than a cartos. Still if I DO use a carto, these are the only one's I use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread