Food coloring, is it ok to use in DIY E-juice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fiamma

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2012
So Calif
PROPYLPARABEN || Skin Deep® Cosmetics Database | Environmental Working Group

About PROPYLPARABEN: Propylparaben is in the paraben family of preservatives used by the food, pharmaceutical, and personal care product industries. Parabens mimic estrogen and can act as potential hormone (endocrine) system disruptors.

Not something I'd care to inhale. I avoid all flavorings that contain any food coloring at all.

Reactions: fraserkr

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
It wouldn't produce a colored vapor, right? Other than that, I see no reason to even consider it.

Actually, I think that the vapor would be colored. I recall something from a few years ago where folks were coloring their ejuice to get colored vapor. I would not do it and avoid flavors with coloring.

thinkingaboutit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
mn
Actually, I think that the vapor would be colored. I recall something from a few years ago where folks were coloring their ejuice to get colored vapor. I would not do it and avoid flavors with coloring.

Ok, I'm way too old to say it....but it sounds cool. If there was no question on the risks I might try it. As is, my goal is to get away from the extra chemicals, not add.

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
Ok, I'm way too old to say it....but it sounds cool. If there was no question on the risks I might try it. As is, my goal is to get away from the extra chemicals, not add.

Exactly! It was weird. Everyone was saying it was cool back then but I had no interest. The less I add to my juice, the better that I feel about it.

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
Not that I'm recommending, it but colored juice would "look" cool in a glass tank. What about the natural color found in fruits, like in pomegranates, cherries, blackberries, etc? Pluid is a very good juice, and not cheap, but it is a cool green. I see that some of the gourmet organic/ natural juices have pinkish, reddish tones. There must be some organic/natural food colorings?

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
Not that I'm recommending, it but colored juice would "look" cool in a glass tank. What about the natural color found in fruits, like in pomegranates, cherries, blackberries, etc? Pluid is a very good juice, and not cheap, but it is a cool green. I see that some of the gourmet organic/ natural juices have pinkish, reddish tones. There must be some organic/natural food colorings?

We don't even have a clue of what if any, harm the flavoring itself will do. Why risk the inhaltion of colors if we do not have to?

kingvitaman

Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
Fort Worth Texas
Just about everything you put in your mouth that is processed has some sort of artificial color or flavors why would you want to add to it. If you really want to add color use Beet juice, Annatto or Turmeric a least those are natural and heck you never know they might make a hole new flavor experience. LOL!

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
First time for everything (and last time). I had some grape flavored ejuice in a tank. The juice itself was pretty clear and colorless, and I got the bright idea to add some purple food coloring (water based), thinking it would look cool in the tank. Well, the coloring actually tuned the juice green, obviously unexpected. To top it all off, it ruined the polyfill in the cartomizer.

FAIL !! :facepalm:

Dougiestyle

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2011
Knoxville, TN USA
No coloring will turn your vapor "colors". Vapor is white, because light is reflected in each of the microscopic water droplets as full-spectrum (white) light. The only way to turn vapor to a color would be to blow it at a colored light.

I see no reason to add coloring to nicquid, except to distinguish flavors. Then again, labels do a pretty good job of that around my neck-o-da-woods.

martinc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2011
Montreal,Quebec,Canada
All that and I think coloring is the 1st to go foul and ruin your juice anyways....and prett fast too.

I had some raspberry from flavourart I think (lil glass bottle,very much dark red stuff) that turned my juice dark pink (ah the glamour) but would taste foul after only a couple weeks.

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
All that and I think coloring is the 1st to go foul and ruin your juice anyways....and prett fast too.

I had some raspberry from flavourart I think (lil glass bottle,very much dark red stuff) that turned my juice dark pink (ah the glamour) but would taste foul after only a couple weeks.
I believe you meant Lorans. Flavour Art doesn't come in little glass bottles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread