Dripping Atomizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragunlady

ECF Veteran
May 15, 2012
United States
I have a couple of threads going and am learning so much from so many really nice people here!

But that then lead to this new idea.

When I asked about trying out new flavors, I was told the best way to do it is with an atomizer.

Now I've never used an atomizer before. I basically bought a couple of Ego Twists and a few dual coil cartomizer tanks and away I went.

But when I asked about trying new flavors, I was told to use an atomizer.

Again, never having used one before, I'm wondering which is the one that I would use? Or should I ask, what do others used and recommend?

In doing research on this new subject to me yesterday, I found that there are now new atomizers that are strictly used for dripping with no bridge. Not that I know what a bridge is, but I got the general idea from Grimm Green's video.

He doesn't recommend the dripping atomizers from madvapes, (or was it Smart Vapes?) but like something called HH which is more expensive.

So, before I ramble on too much here, which atomizer would you recommend that I use strictly for tasting new juices, and where can I get it from?

Thanks, everybody!

MegaVaper

ECF Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
USA
www.megavaper.com
In general any atomizer. The idea is that atomizers dont have a filler. So you dont get any poly or filler taste, and so that you dont have to wait till the cartomizer is out of juice to put a fresh juice in. Also anything without a filler is much easier to clean so that you can try that new juice.

Bridges give you the option of attaching a cartridge. Remove the bridge and you drip directly on the coil. Driping directly on the coil supposedly produces more vapor.

You dont need a expensive atomizer just too taste test, and i wouldnt suggest one unless you fall in love with dripping.

Last edited:

Stosh

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2010
Nevada
306 not 510? Forgive my ignorance. =]

The 306 has the same threading as a 510, will fit and doesn't have the tube around the bridge and coil so it's easier to clean. Very well suited for a testing atty....:)

edt: The bridge does more than just make using a cart possible, it also absorbes some of the juice, holds it by the coil to vape, instead of dripping down your arm....:lol:

Last edited:

Dragunlady

ECF Veteran
May 15, 2012
United States
The 306 has the same threading as a 510, will fit and doesn't have the tube around the bridge and coil so it's easier to clean. Very well suited for a testing atty....:)

edt: The bridge does more than just make using a cart possible, it also absorbes some of the juice, holds it by the coil to vape, instead of dripping down your arm....:lol:

I see, low rez, yes? Under 2 ohm for the Ego Twist? I'm used to most people saying to use 1.5 ohm as far as cartos go.

Do I need a drip shield then, too? Smart Vapes site says for this one Dripping Atomizer™ 510 1.8ohm Stainless it needs a drip shield.

Thanks!

TBinAZ

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2012
Mesa
Stosh is right about the 306 being good with changing juices and not leaking all over the place. The bridgeless attys are kind of a 'gimmick' in the sense as they deliver a better vapor, but they don't have anything to hold the juice on top of the coil. There are 'dripping attys' that are made especially for dripping, which have a larger reservoir to hold juice around the coil. They can be as finicky as a bridgeless 510 style though and as prone to leaking. Personally, I don't care for conventional atomizers. They are fairly expensive for what they are, and you constantly have to load more drops. I have started to gravitate more and more to the clearomizer style devices. There provide the same principle as an atomizer, but incorporate a tank anywhere from 1ml to 2.5ml to store the juice that you load up. They give you the same great taste and vapor, but last a lot longer between refills. There are some very inexpensive ones out there now that you can disassemble to clean and refill with new juice. Last a week plus, probably more on the plus side. They would be the cheap person's Vivi Nova device, but a lot are geared more for the eGo style batteries. I have been using this style for a few weeks now and am very impressed. I will try to post a few links to some nice deals on these. Give them a try.

A sample... Bauway Clearomizer (Long Wicks)

And a review of the same... Bauway CE4+ Clearomizer - YouTube

Another sample... Kanger M3 Clearomizers

Last edited:

TBinAZ

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2012
Mesa
As far as your ohms question goes, the eGo Twist really doesn't give you a very good idea what is a good baseline for what you are using. I'm still pretty new to this, but as far as I have found, anything 1.5-1.8 ohms do well with 3.7-4.0v, 2.0-2.4 ohms do well at 4.0-4.5v, and anything above that is subjective but 2.8-3.0+ ohms works for me at 4.8-5.5v. The juice is the deciding factor.

DantesInferno

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2012
Central Illinois
I myself just got a drip shield today. Are they necessary. No. I drip on Cisco 1.5 ohm 306's. Without a shield it'll leak from time to time. With the shield you won't get juice on you. Empiremods is prolly best known for their drip shields. Of note you also need a 306 tip for the 306 attys. whereas a 510 drip tip fits inside the atty. the 306 tip fits around it.

Fiamma

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2012
So Calif
I use bridgeless LR atomizers from Empire Mods, with a sealed adapter under it and a drip shield on my Twists to taste juices I'm making. I use both 510's and 306's, the main thing with the 306 is you can't use a normal drip tip with it without a universal in place, or you have to use the delrin drip tip for the 306.

With a sealed adapter under it and drip shield you get no leaks on the connection at all.

Jixchel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2012
Indiana
Stosh is right about the 306 being good with changing juices and not leaking all over the place. The bridgeless attys are kind of a 'gimmick' in the sense as they deliver a better vapor, but they don't have anything to hold the juice on top of the coil. There are 'dripping attys' that are made especially for dripping, which have a larger reservoir to hold juice around the coil. They can be as finicky as a bridgeless 510 style though and as prone to leaking. Personally, I don't care for conventional atomizers. They are fairly expensive for what they are, and you constantly have to load more drops. I have started to gravitate more and more to the clearomizer style devices. There provide the same principle as an atomizer, but incorporate a tank anywhere from 1ml to 2.5ml to store the juice that you load up. They give you the same great taste and vapor, but last a lot longer between refills. There are some very inexpensive ones out there now that you can disassemble to clean and refill with new juice. Last a week plus, probably more on the plus side. They would be the cheap person's Vivi Nova device, but a lot are geared more for the eGo style batteries. I have been using this style for a few weeks now and am very impressed. I will try to post a few links to some nice deals on these. Give them a try.

A sample... Bauway Clearomizer (Long Wicks)

And a review of the same... Bauway CE4+ Clearomizer - YouTube

Another sample... Kanger M3 Clearomizers

I think you missed the op's purpose. They want the atty for testing juice not direct dripping all the time so they aren't wasting juice or a clearo or a carto on a juice they don't find appealing.

To the OP, a joye 306 or a joye 510 atty will work just fine, either LR or the standard resist since you have the twist. If you go with the 306 you will need a special drip tip as 510 drip tips do not fit a 306 unless you have a universal drip tip. Unless you are going to switch over to direct dripping completely don't worry about the cisco spec or hh.357, you don't need the most expensive atty out there for testing out juice. Also keep in mind that with atties they come with primer so you will need to blow it out through the thread end of the atty then vape a while, and most atties have a "break in" period where flavors may seem kind of ehhh, then one day they smack you right in the face LOL.

TBinAZ

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2012
Mesa
I think you missed the op's purpose. They want the atty for testing juice not direct dripping all the time so they aren't wasting juice or a clearo or a carto on a juice they don't find appealing.

To the OP, a joye 306 or a joye 510 atty will work just fine, either LR or the standard resist since you have the twist. If you go with the 306 you will need a special drip tip as 510 drip tips do not fit a 306 unless you have a universal drip tip. Unless you are going to switch over to direct dripping completely don't worry about the cisco spec or hh.357, you don't need the most expensive atty out there for testing out juice. Also keep in mind that with atties they come with primer so you will need to blow it out through the thread end of the atty then vape a while, and most atties have a "break in" period where flavors may seem kind of ehhh, then one day they smack you right in the face LOL.

I think you just skimmed over my post Jixchel, but that's cool. Just stating my own opinion. :)

Dragunlady

ECF Veteran
May 15, 2012
United States
I myself just got a drip shield today. Are they necessary. No. I drip on Cisco 1.5 ohm 306's. Without a shield it'll leak from time to time. With the shield you won't get juice on you. Empiremods is prolly best known for their drip shields. Of note you also need a 306 tip for the 306 attys. whereas a 510 drip tip fits inside the atty. the 306 tip fits around it.

This particular atty seems to be very popular. Might I ask where you get them from?

Thanks!

Dragunlady

ECF Veteran
May 15, 2012
United States
I use bridgeless LR atomizers from Empire Mods, with a sealed adapter under it and a drip shield on my Twists to taste juices I'm making. I use both 510's and 306's, the main thing with the 306 is you can't use a normal drip tip with it without a universal in place, or you have to use the delrin drip tip for the 306.

With a sealed adapter under it and drip shield you get no leaks on the connection at all.

Placed my order with Empire Mods for two LR Bridge Free 510 atomizer. Also ordered a nice shiney SS drip shield and darnit all, I just couldn't resist ordering a nice shiney new SS drip tip.

Did a live chat with Keith there, he was very, very helpful in explaining things to me, too.

Wish me luck! I may be back with more questions when I get my new toys!

I'm about ready to throw these dual coil cartomizer tank cartos out the window! One hole, too little, two holes, too much.

Anyway, can't wait for nice new shiney toys. This forum can be dangerous, too. Somehow I ended up on the thread about the mini Ego and how everybody was gushing how they have to have one or two or three! Of course, they had a mirror chrome one and had to have it. Stealth was the word used the most on that thread.

Lots of new shiney coming in!

Fiamma

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2012
So Calif
I'm waaaay too lazy to drip full time. I just compensate with flavoring strength to overcome any taste from the filling in my carto tanks, and actually it doesn't take much to do that.

Dripping is confined to tasting juice as I make it and it steeps.

One of the other responders to this thread was extolling the virtue of clearomizer tanks, and my take on that is like my take on everything connected with vaping. Each person has their likes and dislikes and each has to find what suits them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread