Valley View Tanks 7ml Pyrex Tank Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Valley View Vapors Welcome to Valley View Vapes - Your Home for Quality Inexpensive Tanks and Vaping Supplies
Triple V 7 ml pyrex tank review (independent)

A new tank vendor has begun distributing his version of a pyrex (borosilicate glass) tank. They are available in 4ml and 7ml sizes in clear ($13 and $15, respectfully) or frosted ($22 and $24) glass. These are grommet tanks, of which the grommets were custom made to fit this tank. They have a very tight seal. The easiest method to fill this particular tank, is to use a syringe, slid between the cartomizer and the grommet.

The 7ml tanks use a 45mm cartomizer, the 4ml tanks use a 35mm carto. The tanks ship assembled with a single hole pre-punched cartomizer already installed. The vendor has genuine Boge cartos, available in both lengths with choice of resistance (2 or 3 ohm) . He also offers 5 packs for sale, and at your request will test (for correct resistance and for DOA cartos) and prepunch the cartos for $1. The 7ml tank measures 1"D x 1.5" L, the 4ml tank measures 1" x 1".

View attachment 115478 View attachment 115479 View attachment 115480 View attachment 115495

I have several polypropylene DCT's in my arsenal. (I dislike the polycarbonate variety for multiple reasons.) I vape only with tanks and clearos. I would have preferred pyrex tanks, but the pyrex tanks available are at least double the price of a polypropylene tank, and I use many for my juices. Still, I keep my eyes open for all vendors offering pyrex, as I planned on getting one or two for my setup.

When I saw Valley View Vapes was offering a pyrex tank at such an affordable price I decided to give them a try. For that low of a price, if they were crap I wouldn't be out that much money. If they turned out good, then I would be getting a steal. I ordered two clear glass 7 ml tanks. I also ordered extra grommets and 0 rings, and the blunt nose needle/bottle filling kit that the vendor sells.

It was a slight challenge filling the tank with juice for me. Inserting the needle tends to push part of the grommet/0 ring farther into the tank with it. Once in filling position, I attached the bottle of premeasured juice to the needle and filled up the tank. (On hindsight, a pre-filled syringe with a Leur lock attachment would probably work better than the bottle.) Withdrawing the needle, the grommet remained in the "deformed" position in the tank. Luckily I had a dental tool available and was able to tease it back into position, good as new. The silicone is soft and could easily tear, but if you are careful you shouldn't have a problem.

Pro's: For the money paid, I am very satisfied with my two tanks. I think they are nice looking. These tanks are never going to fall apart accidentally (tight fitting grommets and O rings) or accidentally fall off of my Silver Bullet (I am always mindful to be careful how I handle my DCT tanks on it.). At 4 and 7 ml size, they are pretty large capacity for a pyrex tank. Safe for use with polycarbonate-unfriendly juices.

Con's: They are a slight pain to fill (aren't most tanks?). You must be mindful to be carefull with the fill needle not to damage the silicone seals. Extra sets of grommets and O rings and a dental tool are probably advised.

The vendor also offers polycarbonate and polypropylene tanks.

Last edited:

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
I really like these a LOT. I found them easy to fill first time off. Great price , you can have 4 for the price of the usual pyrex price. You can keep a few of these filled with your favorite juices ready to just put on your battery when your heart desires. I am a bit wary when I have to go and top off the tank, any suggestions? I have syringes and am probably gonna give it a try that way. I dont want to spill any of my precious juices. Thank you for any help.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I haven't needed to top off my two tanks yet. Both are 7 ml tanks, and I have around eight 3.5ml/6 ml DCT Smoktech tanks also, so I switch off between all of them. I guess topping them off will be like when I initially filled them with the blunt needle and syringe. Just be careful of not damaging the soft silicone grommet, and have a dental tool to tease it back into place after adding the juice.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Great review! I think the grommet is a big turn off for me. They seem very fragile from the picture imo.

Thanks. I understand your apprehension.

To me, it depends upon your perspective of fragile. The grommets are fragile from the aspect that they are made of a soft silicone and one must take care of not tearing them when pushing a blunt needle between it and the carto. Extra grommets are dirt cheap from the distributor, so replacing them after every other carto change isn't too much expense. I advised having extras around, and also a dental tool or similar device is helpful to adjust the grommet to line up perfectly after filling.

Once these tanks are on your vaporizer tho, they are extremely sturdy and can not be accidentally pulled off the vaporizer by pulling from the drip tip or tank itself (unlike the SmokTech DCT tanks I own). The grommet seals are extremely tight fitting and will absolutely not leak juice from between the glass or the carto. If your mod fits, this tank allows carrying in a pocket without any worries of leaking or falling apart.

That said, they are a slight pain when filling with via a needle. I haven't had to change a carto yet; I anticipate a slight struggle in exchanging an old carto for a new one.

motelgrim

ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2012
Florida
I recently bought one and love the tank except when it comes to filling it or changing cartos. Since boges started being crummy, I do this a lot and I've got the routine worked out. I'm a tinkerer anyway so its not *that* big a deal but I did promptly tear up the grommet within the first couple of days. I emailed the vendor and he happily replaced the o-rings and grommets.
Here's a tip - fill from the bottom and fill from the outside edge of the grommet. That way you can see the needle as you progress past the o-ring and grommet. Also, I have since "sharpened" the filling needle I bought from them. Rather, I ground it down to an angle like a medical needle but sanded everything smooth so it doesn't cut anything. it makes it a lot easier to get past the grommet without pushing it down into it.

Enjoy
cowbite/motelgrim

Got-Ta-Go

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2012
OTP Atlanta, Georgia
I like the tanks but didn't like the needle hole.

What I do now is fill them without the needle. If you make sure that the grommets are pre-wet with juice on both the inner hole and the outside edges, they'll slide up and down the cardo into the tank really easy.

I insert the cardo and the bottom grommet into the tank and get them into their final position. Take the top grommet, put it on the top of cardo but don't slide it into the tank yet; fill the tank with juice now. Then push the top grommet into the tank. If the grommet is wet, then it will easily slide into place in the top of the tank.

While positioning the top grommet, rest the bottom of the cardo on a hard surface. That way you won't slide the whole bottom grommet and cardo out the bottom of the tank while you're inserting the top grommet. If you push the bottom grommet out of the tank, juice goes everywhere.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Waiting on the delivery of two grommet-type pyrex tanks from High Desert. With these custom-designed grommets you reportedly are able to slide the cartomizer in and out for easy changing or refilling of the tank, yet the tank doesn't move when you don't want it to. If they work as described, they'll be far more user friendly. I'll likely give an update or do a mini review after I receive them and have given them a trial.

View attachment 118578

If these grommets work out well, I wonder if they will fit the Triple V tanks?

Last edited:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
REVIEW UPDATE
The creator of the Triple V pyrex tank is now offering models that utilize a fill screw. They will be $40 for the 4 ml and $45 for the 7 ml, including the new black delrin end caps. carto, and drip tip. Choice in fill screw and drip tip colors. This is the first pyrex tank in production to offer a fill screw.

View attachment 119392

He also now has the new black delrin endcaps for sale as an accessory for his previously sold pyrex tanks. They are priced at $16 per pair. If the first generation Triple V pyrex tank with grommet endcaps held you back from ordering it because of the need to fill with a needle, these tanks can now be managed in usual fashion with traditional delrin or the previously offered aluminum ($20) endcaps.

View attachment 119371 View attachment 119372

VVV: "This was a test run to produce some Delrin End caps for the Pyrex Tank line. The caps fit very well on the Pyrex tubes, with a nice firm seal. Likewise, the inner o-ring has a good solid grip on the cartomizer. These o-rings are made of food grade silicone, unlike the rubber used in most end caps.

Advise that you leave a drip tip on your cartomizer or use one of the tank filling tools sold by other vendors when inserting it through the end caps to prevent tearing of the o-ring. Caps do come with 1 replacement set of inner o-rings."

Last edited:

thinkingaboutit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
mn
The vendor is now offering sets of black delrin or aluminum end caps as an add on accessory. He also has the first production glass tanks using a side screw fill hole.

I just got my pyrex tnks in the mail yesterday :( Next time I get the screw hole! Great review, thanks. Now I need to find a outube filling vid..my needles aren't blunt so I am a bit leery.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I've had my two tanks for almost a month now. I have replaced the silicone grommets with the accessory black delrin endcaps ($17). I recommend potential buyers to get these with your glass tubes in place of the silicone grommets just for the ease in filling and refilling your juice.

View attachment 123493 View attachment 123494

The difference in price for the 4 ml glass tubes with/without endcaps: $13 without/ $30 with endcaps
7 ml glass tubes with/without endcaps: $15 without/ $32 with endcaps
Aluminum endcaps available for $20

These have turned out to be among my favorite tanks, and I own a Phiniac and Bella tank. They look very attractive, fit snugly on a carto, and the endcaps fit tightly onto the glass in a snug fit. I have no issues carrying my SB in my pocket with the tank attached, and have dropped them onto a carpeted floor a couple of times with no issues. I do use a tank filling tool on top of the carto when assembling and filling the tank, this will protect the inner 0-rings from tearing on the sharp edge of the carto, prolonging their life.

This is a fine tank for the price, and is probably the cheapest way to get a glass tank if that is what you are looking for.

The vendor has started selling these tanks with a screw juice fill hole for $40/$45 incl. delrin caps, carto, and drip tip.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread