Status
Not open for further replies.

OCDP

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2011
Calgary, AB
Hello,

I am currently using a Joyetech eGo C and switched from the regular tank system to ce4 Clearomizers. First off, I find them amazing. The vapour production and ease of use makes this a breeze and pleasure to use. But as always it seems with me I keep running into problems that hinder the enjoyment of my esmoking significantly.

(and pardon my lack of ecig lingo, I might not have accurate terminology here!)

I was given a free clearomizer last Friday for placing a large order. I was not home when the product was delivered and the guy showed someone at my house how to fill it and what not. So I arrived home with a filled clearomizer and just started vaping. It was hassle free and ZERO burnt taste, period. So I purchased a pack of them. I unbox and fill up a clearmizer with some ejuice assuming I am good to go. Wrong. I continually keep getting a burnt taste, over and over and over. I'll probably get 3 good hits out of 10, the rest tasting burnt. The one I have been using since last week seems to be working fine.

I looked on youtube on how to get rid of the burnt taste, I tried cleaning the clearomizer by dry burning it as I probably got juice on the inner metal tube. It worked for a few hits then back to burnt. I am so confused. I was using the previous clearomizer for a week without a hitch, tons of vapor and zero burnt taste. So, did I do something wrong upon filling this new one up? All's I did was slowly fill it on the sides, not getting any in the inner tube. But no dice.

Sorry for the jumbled post, I am frustrated. The older tank system constantly gave me dry hits, I was always dripping. Then this came along to save the day but not for long, I am back to the same old problems?

NviWarren

Jun 8, 2012
Sumter, SC
I recently bought the ce 4 cleroes as well and I got the burnt taste every hit as well. I took the first one apart (broke it) and found that there is alot of wick coiled around the wire. I don't know if that is the cause of the bad burnt taste or if its the wick being different from the stardust I've had before. They have some very nasty wicks on some of these things. I think thats why some of them are so cheap, but I have a second one that I will eventually get to and I'm scared I might have wasted money I don't have on these things. It's not your fault, but I am truly getting upset with how inconsistent these items are. Its like some vendors know these items suck but sell them anyway because the policies say no return. Keep in mind VENDORS a happy customer return to buy more product.

OCDP

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2011
Calgary, AB
Well I've been using one of the 3 clearomizers I have for a while now and I think it may have just been a "burn in" period. I have been getting good drags off it for a while now *knocks on wood* I haven't messed about with the other 3 clearomizers, though. They probably need a burn in period as well.

Overall I am much more impressed with this system versus the old tanks. No leaking, more vapor, more flavour, ease of use, more juice. With all that being said, I still feel like there is something better out there. I am still so new to this stuff, it's a bit overwhelming. But just from some quick browsing on this site I have seen peoples setups and they look absolutely insane. I vape a lot, I enjoy it and would definitely be interested in upgrading to something better.

OCDP

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2011
Calgary, AB
I have definitely learned the rolling technique through much trial and error. These clearomizers come in a tiny box with no instructions or no tips on properly filling, priming, breaking them in, etc. They could potentially save a lot of newbies many headaches and frustrations by sharing some very simple, useful techniques. But I am grateful I am figuring things out for myself finally and from the help of this forum.

sl74

Sep 24, 2012
Denmark
Yeah, i'm also not convinced these clearomizers are so much better than the standard tank/atomizer setup. They do give good vapour and don't need the daily blow-through, but keeping the wick saturated is proving a (minor) annoyance, and you can't vape them to the last drop like you can with a tank. Nest time I need a new atomizer, i'll propably try an Ego Low Resistance device instead.

tc1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2011
Ohio
sunniesnl:7699235 said:
I have been using a clearomizer, and getting that burnt taste too. I will try rolling it to keep the wicks wet. I am new to all this and was wondering what you meant by blow-through? Sorry if that's a silly question...

Titling is a must for wick devices ... the juice is fighting gravity afterall.

By blow through I assume they're talking about blowing primer or old juice out of the device by blowing on the end. Wick tank systems don't require this because the center post does not get saturated with juice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread