Status
Not open for further replies.

PTJD

Vaping At FL370
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 20, 2008
Malaga, Spain
Wow...That is great news..I am flying Northwest next week. Also has anyone had any issues with taking a device like the Prodigy packed in their check in luggage? Just wondering what it looks like when scanned....sorry I am not a frequent flyer!!:)The Wiz!
Wiz, Northwest is now Delta airlines. Just learn to stealth vape!

jj2

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2009
Hundred Acre Wood
I fly tomorrow on Air Tran tomorrow. I know in Atlanta, at their gate, they did not allow it the last time I flew. Lady I ask was really petulant about the whole concept.
As for packing it, I put all my goodies (all DIY) in with my laptop case with my laptop and paraphernalia. That is except the liquid which is in a No More Tears bottle.

I don’t expect any trouble because last March I didn’t have any, but I don’t want to take any chances either.
Once through security, my NicoStick comes out---decided to take it because it doesn’t look anything like an analog. Of course there's the fact that it works better than the factory battery.:D

tokarev

ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2009
Tennessee, USA
It was our friend Steve from Puresmoker (aka CaSHMeRe) who once "tested" the airline smoke detector in flight. He blew a cloud of vapor directly into the detector and it DID go off. See this post for details:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...rport-security-facts-atleast-what-worked.html

For what it's worth, I have not traveled by air with my vaping gear, but judging by the posts on this forum by people who have there should be no problem getting through security with pv's or liquid as long as all the usual security requirements are met (i.e., liquids in small bottles inside a zip-lock bag, etc.).

TT33

Thank you so much for starting this thread. I shall definitely try to support the airlines that support us!

On airlines that officially forbid "vaping," I wonder whether a black PV would be noticed?

As I sit reading this thread, I am practicing NOT exhaling--LOL.
LOL you've got me practicing too!
You can act like you're using your pen, writing something, then "chew" on it and hold the vapor in. It could work! :p

tmbrown327

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
RI
The place I get it from is http://www.misteliquid.co.uk/, but DeKang sells a variety of flavors in stealth. I know the stuff I get from Misteliquid (strong menthol) works spectacularly, as far as stealth goes, but the DeKang stealth flavors, from the one I tried, are not quite so stealthy. There are other threads on this forum with reviews and such, so try searching if you want more places to buy etc. Good luck.

tmbrown327

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
RI
As far as I know, Dekang is the only manufacturer of stealth liquid. Health Cabin sells it in 10ml bottles, but they have a $15 shipping rate for the first 500 grams, so it doesn't make much sense to order from them, unless you're bulk buying. Shawn from Litecig had mentioned he would consider carrying it, but I don't see anything from them yet. So, bump to any suppliers willing to carry this and carry an inventory.

tmbrown327

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
RI
I have an atty dedicated to stealth, actually, a whole Janty Stick setup, so there are no other contributors to the vapor (like remnants of other liquids). Maybe that's what the difference is? If you're using a 510, which seems to produce more vapor in general, that might be it too. Glad it worked out for you on your flight.

Misteliquid seems to be offline/closed? Since you're in the UK, could you check on that?

leaford

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 1, 2008
Shenzhen, Guangdong, China
I vaped up a storm on American Airlines and Cathay Pacific on my way over here. I didn't stealth it at all, just puffed away bold as brass. I kept waiting for someone to notice or say anything. I even had lots of extra batts and carts ready and willing to share or even give away. But not one word from anyone. I was actually kind of disappointed. :lol:

tmbrown327

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
RI
Funny, AA is one of the airlines that actually has a policy in writing specifically forbidding the use of PVs. I always thought Cathay was one of the more progressive companies, so I'm not surprised they didn't bother you.

I wish they had direct flights from Boston to HK, or better yet, straight into Shenzhen airport. As it is, I usually fly out of OHare. I'll be back in Shenzhen on the 15th of January for a couple weeks, this time connecting through SanFran.

Outlander

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Just so you all know, there is a stealth juice available, and it works, no prolonged holding your breath or anything. Just sweet, sweet nicotine. Got me through a 15 hour flight without going to the head every hour.

The funny thing is I'm hooked on the vapor and don't really need the nicotine. Think a 4 hour flight without seeing at least one big cloud of vapor would do me in.:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread