The VMax

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mac

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
All up in your grill..
I must say, I really like this thing. I have always shied away from unrealistic devices as they worry me about being hassled by law enforcement. I don't vape it while driving for exactly that reason. It is a big piece of steel and sort of looks like the memory eraser device from the men in black films:

0726121610.jpg

With that said this is the most impressed I have been with a device since picking up my first mini back in 2008. I am using stacked Vmax 18350 batteries and a 3 ohm dual coil tank with it. At 6 volts even low nic concentrations take my breath away. It is the hottest, thickest, vapor I have ever puffed on. So real. So close to real smoke it's almost a little scary. I have also tried 5ohm single coil carto's on it and that is pretty extreme as well. More vapor from the 5ohm single coil but the dual coil is killing it on throat hit. I recommend using setting 6 to keep the LED in off position so as not to waste battery life. I'm charging the batteries every 3 days with fairly heavy daily use. The ohm reader is dead on. To use it activate the LED using setting 6 then toggle to setting 5 and choose "DR". Whenever you press the button the ohm resistance of your heating element will display. The multi-meter is accurate and the 6 volt setting really gives 6 volts. This thing is a gem!

In short if you are thinking about getting one you probably should because it is the bomb. :laugh:

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Vmax looks like a great product and the price isn't bad, either. It looks so much like my satin stainless Provari that it resembles a twin. I understand the case is brass ... much better than aluminum. I wonder about the warranty, though. How long is it covered for failures and defects? I read that it can produce a 5 amp vape or is that the c-rating of the battery? 5 amp loads are unheard of in the variable mod world.

Last edited:

Mac

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
All up in your grill..
Vmax looks like a great product and the price isn't bad, either.
I really like it a lot!

It looks so much like my satin stainless Provari that it resembles a twin.
I have an opinion on that topic but am not allowed to express it as per the forum rules.

understand the case is brass ... much better than aluminum.
I'm pretty sure I was told steel. I'll check on it and get back to you.

I wonder about the warranty, though. How long is it covered for failures and defects?
My retail customers enjoy a 90 day warranty which is the same warranty provided to me by smoktech. I can't speak on the policies of other vendors. ALWAYS read the fine print before purchasing.

I read that it can produce a 5 amp vape or is that the c-rating of the battery? 5 amp loads are unheard of in the variable mod world.
I cannot answer that question. I'll check into it and get back to you.

PTJD

Vaping At FL370
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 20, 2008
Malaga, Spain
I've been doing pretty good. Super busy with work, not much time for doing music. But really good. Haven't seen you in a while either. What have you been up to?

It's hard to catch up with older posters here, too big of a forum. Good to see you! Still travel International mostly in Europe last few years. Try to help with posts in the travel sub forum . Stay in touch brother!

cidu

May 16, 2009
Ok, so, first off, this is the best hitting pv ive ever used, but there are some problems, or maybe i have a defective unit.

1. Contenually generates heat in the body of the unit, it is always warm, rather disturbing, and i usually have to change batts 2x a day, so 3 sets total.

2. Every morning when i wake up, the batteries are dead if i leave the endcap on

3. defaults to 5v, switches to defaults from the lightest bump on the bottom of the unit, this has killed coils

4. Display goes wonkey most the time, missing segments, just wrong display, etc

Anybody else have these issues or do i just have a dud? are they corrected in the silver ones? any info would be great guys...

Mac

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
All up in your grill..
Ok, so, first off, this is the best hitting pv ive ever used, but there are some problems, or maybe i have a defective unit.

1. Contenually generates heat in the body of the unit, it is always warm, rather disturbing, and i usually have to change batts 2x a day, so 3 sets total.

2. Every morning when i wake up, the batteries are dead if i leave the endcap on

3. defaults to 5v, switches to defaults from the lightest bump on the bottom of the unit, this has killed coils

4. Display goes wonkey most the time, missing segments, just wrong display, etc

Anybody else have these issues or do i just have a dud? are they corrected in the silver ones? any info would be great guys...

It sounds like you got one from the first defective run. I am hearing that on those any setting below 4.2 immediately spike back up. If I were you I'd contact the vendor you got it from. The build where they fixed it defaults to 3. I haven't had a single one of those issues and both myself and my fiance are using them heavily every day and have been for 2 weeks. I am using VMax branded 18350's and getting between 2-3 days of heavy use. I don't take the batteries out til they need charging.

steelminnow

Moved On
Jan 17, 2011
Chesapeake, Virginia
  • Deleted by Misty
  • Reason: Associates not permitted to post
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread