average life span of a ce4 clearomizer ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ralikar

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2011
Allow me to explain: there is none. Clearomizers are the crappiest QCed products in the EC world. Stardusts, Ce2s, Phoenix Bottom/Top coils--they have no lifespan. One may last 6 refills, the next leak all over you and be in the trash in 2 min. The ECF vendors and the Chinese companies have the crappiest QC ever and then they tell you "OOPS! No refunds on these". If you are new get some CARTOMIZERS--they are the most relyable and easiest things to start with. Once you have a good brand you like, play around with the clearos and DON'T sink a ton of cash into a big order! The box of Ce4s you think are awesome may be a once in a lifetime experience. Playing wih clearos is the fastest and easiest way to empty your wallet and become frustrated. Pick up some 1/1box at a time to play with after you're set on solid cartomizers. One person may scrub and huggle their Ce4 for two weeks and post about it on ECF, yours may have a seal leak and that will be $6 out of your wallet in 1 min. So there is no telling... Yes, it is as crappy and inconsistant as I am stating--I am not exaggerating.

Last edited:

jimc

Jul 27, 2012
cheltenham, england
ok, ty.
a disposable and a relativley cheap rechargeable have kept me off the analogs for 5 days now.
i was so delighted that i had found a way to get me off the tobacco, that i think i may have been a bit hasty when i bought the ego vision ce4 starter pack.
feeling a bit more confused than ever now, but - i still have the 2 650mah 510 batteries that come with it (arrives tomorrow, fingers crossed) so i can get something better to use with them yes ?

Striker911

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2012
Mountain Home, AR
Well as far as what to put on an ego I cant help on it since I never had one. I jumped from a mini gas station ecig to a Provari. But I have tried a lot of diff things on it that sucked up a storm. My dad has a ego and loves the Vivi Nova but lots of people dont otherwise. If I had an ego I would get some LR cartos and a tank. Though im not even sure an ego can push a LR carto safely. Someone has to chime in on that one for us.

Do you like large thick clouds of vapor or less with reliability and longevity? That's basically the cartos only down fall. VG= Clouds. PG = long lasting carto.

jimc

Jul 27, 2012
cheltenham, england
ok,
i like a throat hit, but it doesnt need to blast a hole out the back of my neck :)
as for amount of vapour, i suppose i like qute a lot, i have to 'rev' my rechargable to get a good amount, but again it doesnt have to be anything over the top.
from what i've seen on the reviews the amount of vapour these ce4's give with the stock battery would be ok for me

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
Using Stardust rebuildables and vapes fine although...eats up lottsa juice and I have to add extra flavor. Tried the Viv Nova and same thing- no leaks but weak flavor and eats up juice. Still happy with the Stardust but best vape so far is with a carto+ tank although some complain about the "filler" taste.

Striker911

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2012
Mountain Home, AR
Well if 100% PG works well for you then I can def recommend a carto tank. Even at up to 70%pg a 5 pack of cartos should last well into a month +. Ive heard of people using 100% PG that can make a single carto last for a month. For just over $1 its a good deal. Just need someone to chime in on the LR carto on the Ego.

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
He says he has 650 mah batts so LR should be fine but will slightly lessen batt life between charges. Withe carto+ tank cartos lasts about 2 weeks before it begins to get tight draw. If he's using 100% PG he'll have to be careful about flooding though as some pre punched cartos have more than one hole. I use 70/ 30 PG/ VG.

Well if 100% PG works well for you then I can def recommend a carto tank. Even at up to 70%pg a 5 pack of cartos should last well into a month +. Ive heard of people using 100% PG that can make a single carto last for a month. For just over $1 its a good deal. Just need someone to chime in on the LR carto on the Ego.

Striker911

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2012
Mountain Home, AR
Using Stardust rebuildables and vapes fine although...eats up lottsa juice and I have to add extra flavor. Tried the Viv Nova and same thing- no leaks but weak flavor and eats up juice. Still happy with the Stardust but best vape so far is with a carto+ tank although some complain about the "filler" taste.

Good point on the filler in a carto. It seems to me that some people vape a carto to hot or for to long, and it will taste bad when you do that. My main vape is a Genesis type and its a clean vape. But when I am away from home I use a carto in an Arry tank, or a DCCT. I never have a issue with the filler unless its time to change the carto. My carto's last just a few days each cause I use 50-30%PG and they clog up. I just prefer reliability while I am away from home over trying to making the carto last longer and I am good with tossing a carto after 3 days.

Striker911

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2012
Mountain Home, AR
He says he has 650 mah batts so LR should be fine but will slightly lessen batt life between charges. Withe carto+ tank cartos lasts about 2 weeks before it begins to get tight draw. If he's using 100% PG he'll have to be careful about flooding though as some pre punched cartos have more than one hole. I use 70/ 30 PG/ VG.

Another good point. For the OP. I would go to a hardware store and get a saddle valve and punch one small hole in the carto. Its easy to do. $7.00 Carto punch from local hardware store - YouTube

jimc

Jul 27, 2012
cheltenham, england
i did mean PG of course, its gettin a bit late in uk, and i am getting a bit drunk :)
wow, i found a uk site selling provari - they a lot of moola !!
i got 3 ps3 phats sittin here waitin to be reballed ,anybody want one when i'm done ? only 10 bucks, plus $400 shipping.
if i could go back think might have spent a bit more and got the vv thingy

jimc

Jul 27, 2012
cheltenham, england
thanks for all the help :)
my plan is to hope these ce4's are good till i can get a couple of the vivi nova v2's to try.
if the ce4's do fail on me too quick, i have kept all the disposable cartridges i have bought for my rechargable e-cig, so i can refill those with the juice i will be getting, rather than keep paying nearly 7 pounds for 3 carts every day that dont even taste very nice really.
tnx again

jimc

Jul 27, 2012
cheltenham, england
think what i'll do is alternate the 2 ce4's i'm getting daily so as not to overwork them, or even when i need to swap batteries. from what i've read that could be every 5-6 hrs, less maybe.
my problem is being flat broke for the next few days, if it comes to refilling disposable cartridges for my nicolite rechargable, i'll have to do it. anything to stay off those coffin nails !!

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
I clean my clearos every 2 days in PGA and let them dry overnite. Lasting about 3-4 weeks before I have to replace the heads.

think what i'll do is alternate the 2 ce4's i'm getting daily so as not to overwork them, or even when i need to swap batteries. from what i've read that could be every 5-6 hrs, less maybe.
my problem is being flat broke for the next few days, if it comes to refilling disposable cartridges for my nicolite rechargable, i'll have to do it. anything to stay off those coffin nails !!

mafig

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 18, 2011
malaysia
my 1 1/2 years vaping experience..any plastic body of cartomizers in a pack of 5 will have at least 1 or 2 faulty ones...mainly leakage..the makeup of those will not last for long as eventually the heat from vaping will lead to leakage problem(i am a avid user,non stop from morning till bedtime but i rotate 4 PVs)..i am lucky if any of the smokermizer,micromizers giantomizers last more than 3 weeks if it is a good ones to start with..metal casing cartomizers are good but i tends to vape until i draw "burnt-tasting" which mean the carto soon be replaced(not knowing & unable to see what left in the carto unlike the transparent casing of micromizer and such..so the pro and con of cartomizers..but i come to find a cartomizer i like very much metal casing,no filler and 5 out of 5 good ones and they do last..still using after 3 months with 1 as most last at least 2 months be4 replacement..happy vaping every1:)..regards mafig

New%20CE2%20Steel%20Cartomizers%20%20.jpg

5pc New CE2 Steel Cartomizers for 510/eGo,probably the best cartomizers i used

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread