Vape starting to taste funny...

Status
Not open for further replies.

JuicerJoe

Jul 31, 2012
San Antonio
Ok, I'm fairly new to vaping and having an issue (I'm using an 1000mAh eGo Twist with a kanger t2 clearomizer)

I've smoked a pack a day for the last 10 years and as of a week ago today I've been smoke free but I'm worried, let me explain... Last night after vaping all day (a chocolate, coffee, caramel flavor) I grap my eGo and all of a sudden it tastes horrible! I mean just plain bad. I'm not sure how to describe it really. I thought maybe it was dry and with the clearo having the atty at the top with short wicks it made sense so I laid it down on it's side and let the juice sit near the wicks for a couple minutes and tried again and the flavor only got worse. The clearo has changeable coils so I popped a new one in to see if that would help but same result. I grabbed another clearo that was already loaded with a different flavor (menthol + apple) and while not as bad it had that same bad taste. I brushed my teeth, drank some water, popped an altoid all in an effort to cleanse my palate but none of those worked. I went to bed and hoped I could figure something out in the morning. When I woke up it tasted fine :blink:

I've been vaping at work all day no issue but just now I started to get a similar taste again... it's like the I lose all sense of flavor and am left with a harsh almost bitter taste on the exhale. Still getting good vaper production and the menthol flavor isn't as bad, I can still taste some menthol but not so much the apple and it has a lesser bitterness to it

I feel like I'm going crazy, is there something I can do?

JuicerJoe

Jul 31, 2012
San Antonio
Thanks njay!

Food tastes fine, and it seems only towards the end of the day, in the morning it's back to normal and it only started last night. I was hoping it was a one time deal but it's starting to taste bad again.

I have some boge cartos on order and some different clearos that should be here by Friday. I have 3 clearos on hand all with different flavors so I'm not sure if the boge cartos will be any different.

My juice is 18mg strength which I figured would be cutting it close to match my normal nicotine intake (was at least a pack a day) I've been vaping about 3ml give or take a day so far, am I vaping too much?

cerver7

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 18, 2010
Shamong NJ
Thanks njay!

Food tastes fine, and it seems only towards the end of the day, in the morning it's back to normal and it only started last night. I was hoping it was a one time deal but it's starting to taste bad again.

I have some boge cartos on order and some different clearos that should be here by Friday. I have 3 clearos on hand all with different flavors so I'm not sure if the boge cartos will be any different.

My juice is 18mg strength which I figured would be cutting it close to match my normal nicotine intake (was at least a pack a day) I've been vaping about 3ml give or take a day so far, am I vaping too much?

I would say yes to vaping to much. At least when I vape more than 2ml I start to get very dry, bad tasting juice (even some food) and headaches. I too vape 18mg. Even peppermint juices with added flavoring got strange and medicine like or plasticky rubbery like. Hard to describe.

DickRRR

Aug 1, 2012
Chicago Burbs
I've been on the vape for2 1/2 months after 23 years of analogs. I expierenced the loss of taste about a week in as well & a couple times since. I've read that vaping can dry your taste buds & have since become a drink-aholic... not booze, but water & even soda. Really helps & havnt lost sense of taste in a couple months (knock on wood) trick is to recognize early & hydrate. And keep vaping, don't get frustrated & hit a ....!

SpicyMcHaggis

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
Hamilton Ohio
I've heard drinking extra water helps as well. I think there;s something to that. As far as vaping too much...I dunno, I'm a chain vaper of the highest order and it doesn't seem to affect me. Just some days I get mud-mouth. I have some cinnamon apple menthol that will melt yer eyeballs, but when I get mud-mouth, even that stuff won't cut it. LOL!

JuicerJoe

Jul 31, 2012
San Antonio
Awesome, thanks for the replies! I know I don't drink enough water as it is so that makes sense. I'll drink plenty of water for the next couple of hours and report back if that fixes it. Hopefully it works that quickly and I can salvage my vape for tonight.

No analogs yet and now I that I know to stay hydrated (which I should be doing anyway) hopefully I won't have this issue anymore.

Reactions: Km00

Iusedtoanalog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2011
Pennsylvania
Hi Joe, I too advise you to up your water intake for the next few days to see if that helps eleviate some of your symptoms. Double it or more if you can. Vaping dehydrates us. The more you vape the more it happens. Make a conscious effort to have a cup of water around when you vape. It will help, it may even prevent it completely. I have had the loss of taste(from over vaping and under hydrating) and let me tell you that I know just how frustrating it is. Good Luck. Happy Vaping.

JuicerJoe

Jul 31, 2012
San Antonio
I'm really bad about drinking water... I drink a lot of soda and the closest I usually get to a glass of water is sweet tea :facepalm:

Drinking water now and will be stopping by my office's water cooler throughout the day tomorrow. I knew quitting smoking would improve my health, but it might even get me to drink less soda lol

edit: just thought about how happy this is going to make my dentist :p

CSH65

ECF Veteran
Aug 2, 2012
Maryland
I would say yes to vaping to much. At least when I vape more than 2ml I start to get very dry, bad tasting juice (even some food) and headaches. I too vape 18mg. Even peppermint juices with added flavoring got strange and medicine like or plasticky rubbery like. Hard to describe.

I'm glad I found this thread. My peppermint has not tasted right for days now. In fact when I vape with the Smoov, nothing tastes right. I got an Ego T and the juice tastes normal again, but I stick to the tobacco and coffee juices in the tank. I use 24mg and the tobacco flavor tastes best.

Ralikar

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2011
1) It can be your taste fluxcuating
2) It can be your juice quality... A bad batch?
3) It can be your set up. Does this happen on cartos?
4) It can be you're pounding your tastebuds with too many juices/flavors too fast
5) It can be your body rejecting juice--it happens. My lungs stopped liking darker juices. Initially, I could handle any tobacco flavor--when I tried Chinese juice flavors -- fruit/coffee etc WOW/Bloog/Vapor4Life -- it ripped up my sinuses as in blood in the napkin. It was not "my body was changing" like I thought for days--Johnson Creek juice fixed me in 1 hour--I still can't vape chemical stuff. So be advised, ECF people tend to blame a ton of things on body chemistry, it can be other things... Not all juices work the same for all people and not every person's physiology likes the juice they force on it. Flavors are not all the same quality (especially from China!) and if you vape some crap that disagrees with you and your other vapes are fine, chances are its the crap juice not your body ;0.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread