Status
Not open for further replies.

sea

ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2011
Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
Hello!
I have two ego-c twist batteries en route and could use some help for what kind of attys would be best for VV dripping on the twists.

I know that a lot of people might tell me to go the carto/clearomizer route, but I have not enjoyed multiple attempts with either in the past. I know there have been improvements with both technologies, but I just happen to really enjoy dripping.

I have some standard and LR 510 attys and drip tips, but what are the recommendations for other attys for VV dripping?

sportyfortyeight

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2011
dfw,texas,usa
I use hybrid 510 attys or 901 ikvs with a drip shield or hybrid 306 attys and a dca when I don't feel like messing with my rebuildable gg dripping atty.. I don't have a twist but I rock those on my provari when I want to drip with great success. The gg drip atty is just about the same size as a ego battery

Nomoreash

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2010
Chattanooga, TN
Any atty that has a 510 connection will work so it's mostly preference, just stay away from LR with the Twist. You can use LR but your voltage range will be limited and it's harder on the battery. 306 is probably the most well known for dripping, 510 is popular, HH357 is a great atty if you don't mind spending the money.

If you want to go rebuildable I recently got the Phoenix and it performs awesome, holds a lot of juice and it's affordable if you shop around, prices seem to vary widely on it right now.

sea

ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2011
Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
Any atty that has a 510 connection will work so it's mostly preference, just stay away from LR with the Twist. You can use LR but your voltage range will be limited and it's harder on the battery. 306 is probably the most well known for dripping, 510 is popular, HH357 is a great atty if you don't mind spending the money.

If you want to go rebuildable I recently got the Phoenix and it performs awesome, holds a lot of juice and it's affordable if you shop around, prices seem to vary widely on it right now.

I will check out the HH357 and Phoenix. Thanks for the suggestions.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Thanks, sporty. I know I have only been using the tip of the dripping iceberg, and will have to do some research about hybrid attys. I know about drip shields, but wasn't able to locate what the gg drip atty is. I was on the COV site, but maybe they don't have it?

Drip Shields

and at cov, consider this:

510 Hybrid Atomizer 2.0 ohm Universal

It's 2.0Ω so you would be at the high end with the twist at 4.8v, so 4.4-4.6v would be best. Well built hybrid - lost of metal mesh to hold the ejuice.

There's a 2.5Ω 2 pack at vapage - who makes them:

AMG Hybrid Universal (2-pack)

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
The gg dripping atty is under the gg Ody section. I use mine so much I bought a spare. Also Kent posted a great hybrid atty.

Thanks. The 'gold universal' is intended and works great with bottom feeders but it's also a great dripping atty. Compares with cisco's stuff. Both have longevity for lr attys - 3 months + for me so far. And I've used a dozen ciscos (regular 306lrs - not his hybrids) and two 'gold universals' from Vapage - on both the reo-mini and with an eGo-c 'upgrade' passthrough - which holds a constant 4.0-4.2v while plugged in - with these and a drip shield for dripping only.

The silver hybrid from Vapage is also good but I like the gold a bit better.

mostapha

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2012
Atlanta, GA
just stay away from LR with the Twist. You can use LR but your voltage range will be limited and it's harder on the battery.

That's actually wrong. The twist has the most range available if you're using a 1.9Ω atty/carto (Rideal = Vmax(4.8)/Imax(2.5)), assuming it's actually a 2.5A limit……Steeljan's video seemed to imply it was more like 2.6A in practice……putting it right in the ideal range for LR stuff around 1.7-1.8Ω. Dual Coil stuff doesn't work well on it because it just won't push enough power.

I use 1.7-1.8Ω stuff and get just about the full range of adjustment and use it. 2.4Ω stuff is noticeably cooler when maxed out.

As for atomizers………I don't like the 510 dripping atomizers from VaporAlley. My favorites so far have been some generic 901 atomizers……but I'm just getting into the world of better ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread