Status
Not open for further replies.

Mik_Janty

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 23, 2009
Denmark
Its here!

After a ton of struggle getting this out from the customs, its finally here, and .. .it was worth the wait!

Here is some specifications for you:

Length with filter and atomizer: 150mm
Diameter at maximum point: 18mm

mAH right now ( this could change ): 800

Chargeable by USB either as standalone ( unscrew battery ) or plug-in for vaping-while-charging.

LED: Currently theyre white, im still hoping to get user controlled selectable colors on it - but we will see.

Material: Metal and plastic combined into .. supermetalplastic. Ehr.. you know what i mean.

Enough of that - go check out the video and let me know what you think! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ev5GlvmeIpA

Last edited:

Mik_Janty

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 23, 2009
Denmark
The high power option should be available come next year. But i must admit that even though i personally also do enjoy the occasional 5 volt, then this is seriously hitting me so hard that i dont need it - i mean it might just be 3.7 but it gives me extreme vapor, and a ton of taste - i think 5 volt on it, as it is now would be fun to have but i would still smoke this as it is now 98% of the time.

Mentholgirl

ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2009
Louisiana
I have a question, when you are connected with the usb is it then working as a pass thru with 5 volts or is it only getting power from the battery at 3.7 Volts.

Wow it would be awesome if it was at 5Volts when connected to the usb.
Maybe thats not possible?

Even though I like the looks of this one, looks like an old fashioned cig holder.

ted26

ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2008
uk england
600 is still nearly double what the stick provides and i suppose you have to find a happy medium between power and design.

Hey

Actually i mean that it could be 600 only at launch - but we are trying for 800. Either way it will hold you a full day, so now we are aiming for the highest quality battery possible with the highest possible mah possible = this combo will be better than say a 800 mah battery in a bad quality.

Mik_Janty

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 23, 2009
Denmark
I have a question, when you are connected with the usb is it then working as a pass thru with 5 volts or is it only getting power from the battery at 3.7 Volts.

Wow it would be awesome if it was at 5Volts when connected to the usb.
Maybe thats not possible?

Even though I like the looks of this one, looks like an old fashioned cig holder.

Im not entirely sure about the power when connected to the USB yet - it seems to have a bit more power, but i dont think its going 5 volt. It might go a bit above the 3.7 - up to maybe 4.2 or so. Regardless its still enough vaping for anyone if you ask me. 5 volt is nice, but there is still alot of issues with it: Burnt carts, killing atomizers, and in general 3.7 is much more friendly to the user, and can take more abuse.

I will get back when i get full specs on these things =)

Kelemvor

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2009
Germany NRW
battery power: i am very pleased with the performance of the 14500 900mAh cells.

and as the baby looks i wonder why you don't go that way. i don't ment the integrated design, just the cell. maybe your engineers should really look into batteries again.

rest: nice done video again mik. it really looks the babyJ could be a winner.

Richie G

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2009
Lawn Guyland, NY
battery power: i am very pleased with the performance of the 14500 900mAh cells.

and as the baby looks i wonder why you don't go that way. i don't ment the integrated design, just the cell. maybe your engineers should really look into batteries again.

rest: nice done video again mik. it really looks the babyJ could be a winner.

An outstanding point.

Part of the allure of the JS was the inexpensive battery replacement option. The Baby J *could be* the natural successor to the JS by utilizing the same replacement battery option except this time using the higher mah of the 14500 in lieu of the JS's 10440.

Going backwards to a specific/expensive PV batteries defeats the purpose of a mod. The Baby J, albeit a luxurious looking device, is in essence a sweeter looking, slightly longer lasting pen style. A standard 14500 battery would make this the near perfect PV, IMHO.

Mik_Janty

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 23, 2009
Denmark
The 14500 is not a 900 mAH cell, even though it states so. We have been looking into this option for other things, and its effective mAh is only a bit better than that of the Jantysticks own battery.

For this one, we are doing it this way because of many reasons - mainly because we this way have absolute control of how good the quality of the battery inside is, since we are building it ourselves.

The 14500 battery is also way too long for us to embed it inside the Baby J - you have to remember that USB technology, onboard electronics, etc everything takes up space. Trust me when i say we have been over this design a million times, and it looks like it does now, because this is the best all around way to do it - in both our eyes, and from a consumer-quality standpoint.

Also, this is not a mod, this is a product. You dont have access to the batteries in your cellphone, iphone, ipod, etc - this is the way industry standards are doing things, and the reason for doing this is many: One of which is absolute control of what _we_ put inside - and what _we_ want it to deliver.

So i advice you all to go check your 14500 batteries again.. they dont deliver 900 mAh.. trust me - and the lifespan of them is shorter than that of a high quality battery.

Dont believe all the things you read on advertisements ;)

Besides we are coming out with a Jantystick multivolt next year - and maybe a new upgraded version of the JS soon too. We have all our bases covered; but all our products can do the exact same thing. This one for instance isnt ment as a replacement for the Jantystick - it might become one ( for me it is already ) - but its ment more as a luxurious vaping device that you love and are not afraid to show off in public - something delicate and nice.

The Jantystick is a workhorse, - its more the working-mans e-cigarette: It hides well, it vapes well, it lasts reasonably long, etc.

But, lets keep this thread on track shall we ;) I dont mind your inputs at all - really - but at the same time, we are not going to change anything major about this design now, it is the way i showed it in the video, and this is how we will launch it. Only minor changes will apply unless something unforeseen happens.

On the other hand, i am still here and i am still listening, and i do always consider your inputs on everything for every design i make! Sometimes i can implement these things, -other times i cant. Cant please em all ;)

But atleast im happy you like the design - personally i love the fact that it looks better in real life than on its rendering i did in 3D : That was my biggest concern. If we were able to transfer this design into reality and keeping its fine lines - but that definately did work.

And just wait till you hold one of them, they feel _so_ nice. Real quality feel to it!

I just took my Baby J out for a walk and puffed on it, and sure enough it took 5 minutes before someone stopped me - just to ask about it, and their comment was simple: where do i get one.

Another guy actually offered me to buy the model i had right there, for the equivalent of 300 USD, he was into E-cigarettes already and after i explained him this was the prototype he went ballistic and started offering me cash for it ;)

So right now, im happy as can be - i cant wait till some of you guys get them and hopefully share my appreciation for it!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread