Bent Vivi Nova

Status
Not open for further replies.

SolemnPenguin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
Houston, TX
I ordered one of the Vivi Nova 2.5 right when they dropped. When I got it I noticed the center post was a little crooked. Which caused the silicone cap to not line up perfectly with the top piece when It's all put together. Theres a little pin hole opening there. At first it didn't bother me much. I figured maybe most were a little off center.

After a couple days I noticed it leaked a bit. Just touching the tank would let me know that. I only noticed it really after letting it sit overnight. At first it didn't bother me much. I figured maybe they all just leak a little. I only noticed it really after letting it sit overnight.

Then when placing an order for more heads I decided to get another Vivi Nova 2.5 so I could cary a spare around loaded with an alternate liquid. The new one's not bent. The new one doesn't leak.

Now I can't stand the first one!

I've tried leaving the silicon cape a little loose. It just pushes down into place.
I've tried using a paperclip to nudge the cap over as the top goes on to create a seal. It works for a little while but when I take the drip tip off and have a look after a while the pin hole is back.
I've tried bending it back to center. I'm not strong enough bare handed and I don't want to resort to tools that might just damage it further.

It seems fine if I keep it upright; but as the liquid level goes down I have to give it the old swish and flick (I do this with the Harry Potter theme music in my head) to get it wicking again.

Has anyone else seen this on theirs? Any fixes?

s14sher

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 8, 2011
Oklahoma
I don't know if this applies to yours, but I dropped my mini vivi nova last night and bent the center post. Looking closer, I realized the metal base isn't all one piece. The underside of the base, where the connector is, is pressed into the knurled part. I hope that makes sense. I screwed into an old battery that I didn't care if I messed up, and simply bent it back. That was the point I could see where it bottom had come out a little bit. I loosened the top and pressed down hard and everything went back together. So far it's working good and looks none the worse for wear.

I wish I would have taken some pictures, but the camera on my phone stinks.

Geena

Aug 14, 2012
Seattle
I ordered one of the Vivi Nova 2.5 right when they dropped. When I got it I noticed the center post was a little crooked. Which caused the silicone cap to not line up perfectly with the top piece when It's all put together. Theres a little pin hole opening there. At first it didn't bother me much. I figured maybe most were a little off center.

After a couple days I noticed it leaked a bit. Just touching the tank would let me know that. I only noticed it really after letting it sit overnight. At first it didn't bother me much. I figured maybe they all just leak a little. I only noticed it really after letting it sit overnight.

Then when placing an order for more heads I decided to get another Vivi Nova 2.5 so I could cary a spare around loaded with an alternate liquid. The new one's not bent. The new one doesn't leak.

Now I can't stand the first one!

I've tried leaving the silicon cape a little loose. It just pushes down into place.

I've tried using a paperclip to nudge the cap over as the top goes on to create a seal. It works for a little while but when I take the drip tip off and have a look after a while the pin hole is back.
I've tried bending it back to center. I'm not strong enough bare handed and I don't want to resort to tools that might just damage it further.

It seems fine if I keep it upright; but as the liquid level goes down I have to give it the old swish and flick (I do this with the Harry Potter theme music in my head) to get it wicking again.

Has anyone else seen this on theirs? Any fixes?

One of my Vivi Nova Tanks had a crooked tube on the base. It did not stand up straight from the base, and the smaller tube inside of the larger tube was off-center. The thing leaked from day one, from the bottom (the part that screws into the battery). With all the other Vivi Nova 3.5 tanks, the tube was attached perfectly at right angles to the base onto which you screw the tank, and they do not leak.

I suspect that quality control in China isn't consistent, and occasionally there are manufacturing defects such as a tube attached at a less than 90-degree angle to the base (which screws onto the battery and onto which you screw the platic/metal tank that holds the liquid). A crooked tube seems to = leaking, so that liquid leaks out of the bottom of the base onto the battery connection. This was a genuine Vision Vivi Nova 3.5 ml Tank System (version 2.5), one of four I ordered from the same vendor. Since it was so cheap, I simply threw the defective base out.

In future, I'll visually inspect all Vision Vivi Nova tank systems I receive to make sure the tube sits at a perfect 90-degree angle to the base & that the smaller tube inside the outer tube is perfectly centered. If there's a defect, I will immediately send it back for an exchange. Since I'm new to vaping, at first I thought the problem with the defective tank system was due to my error - that I was somehow using it wrong, or that there was something about the liquid I was using in it that made it leak. I experimented with different liquids in it & looked at it more closely, noticing the defect. Now I know better.

Visual inspection of your tank system as soon as it arrives to check for defect is crucial. Same applies to the coil heads. I got one where the threading was off, which made it impossible to screw it onto the base. I think Chinese manufacturing now is where Japanese manufacturing was in the 1950s - it's still pretty "iffy." I've also learned the hard way to store my tanks - whether they're screwed onto the battery or not - vertically rather than lay them on their side overnight. This seems to help with not getting liquid into the air vent from the top of the coil into the base, & keeps the liquid pure & fresh. Live & learn.

nepatitan

ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
North Eastern Pennsylvania
I think what I would do is screw it onto an old/dead pv heat where the base connects to the neck with a candle lighter or something like that and just "tweak" it.

I had the rubber cap on one that wouldn't align and was getting slurpy hits, ended up just putting another cap on from the packs of heads I got.

zippersnapper

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2012
I don't know if this applies to yours, but I dropped my mini vivi nova last night and bent the center post. Looking closer, I realized the metal base isn't all one piece. The underside of the base, where the connector is, is pressed into the knurled part. I hope that makes sense. I screwed into an old battery that I didn't care if I messed up, and simply bent it back. That was the point I could see where it bottom had come out a little bit. I loosened the top and pressed down hard and everything went back together. So far it's working good and looks none the worse for wear.

I wish I would have taken some pictures, but the camera on my phone stinks.

Great Job....Kudos....

s14sher

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 8, 2011
Oklahoma
Great Job....Kudos....

It's still working, too. Well, with a new head. I really thought I broke it a few days after I made my earlier post. I was test driving my daughter's Corolla after working on it and I had my PV laying in the passenger seat. I got out to check something and when I was contorting myself back in, I mashed it hard with the heel of my right hand. Juice went everywhere and it ended up in two pieces. I got back home and was sure it was ruined. I cleaned all the juice up (out of the seat and off the pv) and nothing was broken. I popped it all back together and it's still good to go. I wish I'd taken a picture of what it looks like with the bottom separated. I'm sure I'll drop it or something again, so I'll get a pic next time :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread