Refilling disposable cartomizers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Le_smee

Aug 13, 2012
england
First off please forgive me if this has been asked before, I did look but due to safety concerns I wanted the question worded with the information specific to what I needed to know, it might be a stupid question it might not, I have no idea, I have a e cig from The Smokers' Angel: Quality Electronic Cigarettes which i purchased after watching a mostly positive review on youtube, what i was wondering is is it safe for me to refill the cartomizers i get with this e-cig via the syringe method, they are not intended to be refilled, and are not supposed to be opened, but if the cartomizer has no burnt taste will it be safe for me to syringe a few drops of e-liquid into an empty or almost empty one and continue use?

Thanks for any replies, i'm brand new here and have only been vaping for just over 2 weeks.

*deleon517*

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2012
s. florida
well since those are polyfill cartos i would just keep refilling until they wont absorb any more... also you would want to use more then just a few drops as most smaller polyfill cartos hold roughly 20 drops(depending on the size of the drops). just fill until it wont absorb as quick and maintains a slushy look. then go about vaping, but of course a vendors website wont tell you this as they make their money off of people buy the refills... since there is no way a carto will last 25-30 cigs worth, maybe 2 or 3 if your lucky and dont vape a whole lot.

as far as when to no longer use them that is personal choice i usually pitch mine around 3 weeks or so or sooner if they get funky. also mixing flavors can result in either good or bad tasting experiences.

Bullette the Cowdog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2012
Treasure Coast, FL
First off please forgive me if this has been asked before, I did look but due to safety concerns I wanted the question worded with the information specific to what I needed to know, it might be a stupid question it might not, I have no idea, I have a e cig from The Smokers' Angel: Quality Electronic Cigarettes which i purchased after watching a mostly positive review on youtube, what i was wondering is is it safe for me to refill the cartomizers i get with this e-cig via the syringe method, they are not intended to be refilled, and are not supposed to be opened, but if the cartomizer has no burnt taste will it be safe for me to syringe a few drops of e-liquid into an empty or almost empty one and continue use?

Thanks for any replies, i'm brand new here and have only been vaping for just over 2 weeks.

Don't know anything about this particular ecig. But yes you should be able to refill the cartomizer. Some of these have caps that are difficult to remove. But if you can pop it off, just slip the syringe all the way down the side carefully & fill her up. If you get too much liquid in it, blow it out from the battery end into a Kleenex. Prior to vaping, I let mine rest from 1 hour to overnight so it soaks in really well.
Good luck. You'll save lots of money doing this.

fourthrok

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Watertown, NY
Ah. Those are Halos. Gotcha. You should be able to refill those, but as mentioned...you need more than "a few drops". If you are refilling a prefill...probably about .5 ml in your syringe should be close to right. Might can squeeze .8ml. in there if it's just about dry. If you have trouble taking the mouthpiece cap off you can try using something like a push pin tack, or other sturdy pointed tool (I often use manicure scissors since they are handy in my vaping cup where I sit most of the day). and try prying up all the way around until the glue on the plastic lets go. If it's a rubber mouthpiece cap...it'll be much easier. Watch for any O ring that might be under the cap and remove it also when filling. Put it back when done.

lonnieperrin

Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Las Vegas NV
lonnieperrin.com
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: Multi Posting

vsummer1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2012
California
Almost all cartomizers are disposable at this point. I use a disposable cartomizer in my tank, which keeps the carto constantly wet, so I don't have to keep refilling it. If you had stainless (or a safe way to remove the paper) cartomizers, you could probably get a tank for yours too :)

While they are disposable, they are also refillable. I could refill my Blu a few times before the atty finally failed to produce any vapor. BIG savings off the $9.60 /5. But I am frugal so want to get the most out of the supplies I buy.

As for the empty fillable ones, as the above poster stated, they are used in tanks and constantly "refilled" that way.

I refill mine until 1) they won't produce vapor 2) they taste funky,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread