Aug 31, 2010
Columbia, SC

pmoraldo

REO Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gilbert, Arizona
I just wanted to point out that a person named double down is thinking of getting two mods... Just thought was funny. But my sense of humor is pretty corny:facepalm:. Enjoy them in good health!

-Sam

If you're doubling down, can't you split them up??
Nowthatwasfunny.jpg

iVape2

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
UK
To all of you waiting for a VV Grand, I can promise you are in for a real treat! :thumb:

Ever since getting my first REO (many months ago and the first of many), I have been wanting a VV version - I now feel so lucky and privileged to have one in my hand ...

reocha.jpg

It is fitted with a Mark Bugs "Chalice I" and it is a marriage made in heaven! :)

The VV Grand is everything I was hoping for and much more. I cannot believe what a fantastic job Rob has made of keeping it so small, simple and tidy!

Robert, you are a true Gentleman, the vaping community is lucky to have you and I cannot thank you enough for your help, kindness and generosity! :wub:

mini-respect-1392.gif

hildicat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2011
SoCal
To all of you waiting for a VV Grand, I can promise you are in for a real treat! :thumb:

Ever since getting my first REO (many months ago and the first of many), I have been wanting a VV version - I now feel so lucky and privileged to have one in my hand ...

reocha.jpg

It is fitted with a Mark Bugs "Chalice I" and it is a marriage made in heaven! :)

The VV Grand is everything I was hoping for and much more. I cannot believe what a fantastic job Rob has made of keeping it so small, simple and tidy!

Robert, you are a true Gentleman, the vaping community is lucky to have you and I cannot thank you enough for your help, kindness and generosity! :wub:

mini-respect-1392.gif

DUUUDE! Thats my dream setup you got there. Chalice is on its way to me. Now all I need is one of those VV Grands. If you can, I would love to hear more about your experience with the two of them working together. Are you using silica, SS mesh, or cotton - Kanthal or Nichrome - how many coil wraps and whats the final resistance - whats your maintenance schedule (how often do you re-wick)?

So many questions, and SOOO jealous. Hope to have the same setup sometime soon.

iVape2

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
UK
Hi hildicat,

I only had the Chalice for a couple of days ...

Currently, I am using a (double) silica wick with a 4 wrap coil made of Kanthal A-1 (32). I made the arrangement so that the coil is centred and seats just above the feeding hole. Resistance is 1.5Ω and the Grand is set to output 3.8V ...

I am finding it is vaping very well indeed, great flavour and vapour production although it is using a lot of juice :)

I cannot comment on maintenance in that short time but would expect to re-wick/re-coil once a week if using as my main device.

I am yet to experiment with mesh ect as I am very satisfied with the current setup and performance ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread