Ego t. Battery drama

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ledazzler

Aug 20, 2012
Mosman
So let's see if I can explain this well,
So I bought an ego t two weeks ago with a CE4 tank and ever since charging both the batteries all i get is 8 flashes of the blue lightafter I screw the tank onto the battery.
so after painfully trying to get in contact the distributer for 2 weeks we met today and he swapped his batteries forr mine today, hooray I started to vape away!!!!
i check you tube
i check this forums search button
i check the Internet
So after a day of vaping, with the new batteries I'm back to 8 flashes of my little blue light and no vapour
but one battery will work(the light stays on) as long as I don't attach the tank, which defeats the purpose
I have given up!!!!!

My wall charger is making a funny noise too, kinda a cross between a mosquito and a fly having a fight and the light stays permanently green

One battery will be charging overnight, but I'm not holding my breath for a positive outcome in the morning!

can anyone shed some(non flashing, blue) light for me
thank you for your awesomeness in advance
Dazz

ranger 1110

Jul 20, 2012
scotland
The wall charger does make that noise sometimes and its normal. As for the green light staying on when the charger is connected I think your charger may have bitten the dust. Happened to me. Got in contact with the vendor and had it replaced without any problems. Most vendors are good people who want you to be happy with your purchase. Happy buyers = happy vendors and repeat business. Hope this helps.

Yves

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 23, 2012
Matamata, New Zealand
If that doesn't work have a look at your Batteries and charger and make sure they are all clean of any juice. If this only happens with one Tank/carto then that may be faulty or it maybe pushing down the centre contact on your battery stopping the connection from being made between the battery and the charger. This can be solved by very gently, with a toothpick or similar popping the centre post back up, it is a very small adjustment. Also try not to over tighten anything onto your charger or battery. The centre post on the charger can also get pushed down if you find the battery is still not charging do the same with that. Hope you can sort this out it sounds very frustrating for you :(

Craktskull

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 30, 2012
Cebu, Philippines
I have to agree with ranger1110 here. The 8 blinking lights on an eGo battery indicate that you've exceeded the 10 second limit on the fire button. If you weren't getting vapor by then, you were either not getting voltage to your CE4 or your CE4 is burned up (open). You state that you weren't initially getting vapor, but after changing batteries you were. That indicates to me that your CE4's were good at the time you changed batteries. Odds are they are still good.

Do what ranger1110 suggests about pulling 'up' your post on the battery. It is REALLY easy to over-tighten a CE4 on a battery and mash down that center post. You should actually be able to see the post coming up a bit. Then screw the CE4 back on very lightly and try again.

OH...and if it IS a depressed post, you probably won't be able to charge it either if you're using the screw in charger. A USB pass-thru type will still charge it, but not the screw in type chargers.

If you have access to a multimeter, you can check both your battery and your CE4 to make sure both are good.

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    Just stick with it. you're just going thru a learning curve. in a few weeks youll be sitting back comfortably vaping and posting on newbie threads telling them how you got thru it,lol.

all these suggestions were good things to learn and youll need to know them for the future.

always have a backup charger, and you can always just plug it into your PC w/o the wall outlet part.

Craktskull

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 30, 2012
    Cebu, Philippines
    Hi, I am going to ask what may come across as a really stupid question, but I am asking as it has happened to others. Is there any chance you simply turned the battery off without realizing it? Those batteries have the 5 click on off.

The batteries won't flash 8 times if the battery is turned off NancyR.....only when the battery is on and you exceed the 10 second timer on the fire button.

**but I do like your question. I bought quite a few of these eGo kits for friends around here. One called to tell me his didn't work even after I sat with him for about 1/2 hour showing him everything. Went back to meet him and sure enough, he hadn't even turned the batteries on.....he's a happy camper now....

Last edited:

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 6, 2011
    Somewhere out there
    Don't charge your batts overnight, it is not safe to leave them unattended. Charge egos in a metal cake pan or in a battery bag. I use a metal cake pan and only charge when I can keep an eye on them. Egos do have problems and can explode at times, so be safe not sorry. Also be sure you keep the batt ends cleaned off of juice if you get any leaks, a leaking carto can kill a batt, even an ego. Your batt should be charging in a a few hrs. It could also be the clearo not working right. The flashing lights I agree are from having the button pushed on too long. bnrk

NancyR

Account closed on request
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 25, 2012
    Washington State
    The batteries won't flash 8 times if the battery is turned off NancyR.....only when the battery is on and you exceed the 10 second timer on the fire button.

**but I do like your question. I bought quite a few of these eGo kits for friends around here. One called to tell me his didn't work even after I sat with him for about 1/2 hour showing him everything. Went back to meet him and sure enough, he hadn't even turned the batteries on.....he's a happy camper now....

Craktskull, mine do flash like that the only thing it doesn't do is the light doesn't come on when I push the button, and of corse no vaper.

Ledazzler

Aug 20, 2012
    Mosman
    So I think, by the sound of the replies I have got. I may have overtightened the tank onto the battery...
    Because everything was going fine and dandy till I swapped over the batteries and most likely got over excited...!!!

So tonight when I get home I will go through this thread again and one by one go through all the fix it replies and I'm sure i'll get it going...

once again thank you to all
    Dazz

Ledazzler

Aug 20, 2012
    Mosman
    O.k so I have done everything mentioned in this thread.... To no avail!!!!

What I've done so far...
    *pulled out both heads on tank and batteries
    *swapped batteries with same tank ...
    *swapped to the little light blue plastic tank with rubber cap...
    *screwed them both in with soft to medium to tight levels of fitting
    *charged both batteries for 3+ hours

is it the charger?... Can't be I've used both for a maximum of 1 hour each(not vaping for an hour,just plugged in to tank)

where to from here??
    I have no idea

so I have 2 different batteries though
    1 with "ego-T" on it,silver and black
    1 with "wonderful e cigarette" on it, black and gold
    both same dimensions

heres the weird part....the gold battery will light up when you press the button without the tank but,when you screw either tank on it flashes eight times ...
    the silver battery just flashes 8 times
    I'm pulling my hair out!!!!!

And to top it all off the vendor is a unicorn...(you can never find him) And his website,well after 5 emails, what's a man to do????

does the 8 flashes mean the battery is flat??
    but 1 battery works well WITHOUT the tank

just got 1 vape out of the silver battery just now then went back to 8 flashes..
    also I am not inhaling for more than a few seconds

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread