Is it really water vapor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

damthisisfun

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2012
Katy, TX
Hello - I am pretty new to the vaping world and really like it. Been off analogs for over 3 months and just loving it. I am a little confused. Most all research I have done, everyone seems to claim all we exhale is water vapor - I am no scientist - but it seems to me that may not be correct. Most liquid has PG and or VG, flavor and nicotine. Isnt that what we inhale and should be exhaling? Where is the water vapor from: our body as in the saliva from the mouth? And are not exhaling any of the PG/VG/Nico? I am asking this to compare e-cigs to analogs in any way. I totally agree these are safer than analogs. But I am still confused - does anyone have any information on this......thanks :confused::confused:

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
... Most liquid has PG and or VG, flavor and nicotine. Isnt that what we inhale and should be exhaling? ...

That's kinda what I subscribe to.

Hey, Pop Quiz...

Can You or Others smell the Flavor of the e-Liquid you use? If so, you must be Exhaling Flavorings.

So we can At Least put Flavorings on the Exhale List.

hnyb0210

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
PA
PG and or vg is a humectent, so it pulls the moisture out of anything it comes in contact with. So in a sense yes you do exhale water vapor, with trace amounts of PG vg the flavoring and even less nic.

A humectant, that's interesting! My father just asked me yesterday "what's in that stuff, anyway?" (asking about my eliquid). I told him & he asked "I wonder what the PG or VG is in there for?"

Wait, doesn't a humectant retain moisture?

Spazmelda

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2011
Ohio
A humectant, that's interesting! My father just asked me yesterday "what's in that stuff, anyway?" (asking about my eliquid). I told him & he asked "I wonder what the PG or VG is in there for?"

Wait, doesn't a humectant retain moisture?

Yes, humectants absorb or adsorb water. So when you inhale the pg/VG it will absorb some water from your mouth. Then it takes that water with it when you exhale.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Actually: It's Golden Fairy Dust. The best there is!!

Ever wonder where Fairy Dust comes from?

795926160_m.gif

Now you Know!

lmorris

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2012
GA
Yep , little "white lies" from the it's only water vapor crowd. Remember that nifty "steam" we breath out on those cold winter days , that is water vapor and we breath it out with every breath even when it is nice and toasty out.

So now add in a little left over nicotine , glycol and flavorings to that "Water Vapor" and that is what we Vape out.

Those small untruths do nothing to help the e-cig cause.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread