Cream of Tartar removes nicotine out of body/ can also help with life cover test

Status
Not open for further replies.

al1ce

Aug 23, 2012
uk
Hi all i am a new member, i have been vaping for almost a year now after 14 years of smoking, i thought i would share the cream of tartar facts with those who do not know already, i have started to use this every night, but also thought it would be a good idea to use also if you have a test coming up for your life cover, as it helps draw the nicotine out your body quicker than just not vaping at all, half a spoon is all you need in pure orange juice not form concentrate only, hope this helps

CREAM OF TARTAR EXPLAINED:

Cream of tartar, a.k.a. potassium hydrogen tartrate, pulls nicotine out of your body. Half a teaspoon of cream of tartar in an 8-oz glass of o.j. before bedtime will send the nicotine packing via your sweat glands and elimination tracts. You take it before bed so your body has all night to do its work peacefully and thoroughly.

Cream of tartar also replaces necessary potassium lost in the habit. Some say the chemical change resulting in the pH of your body causes it to fight off bacteria better. Some say it causes you begin to dislike the taste of cigarettes, too. The o.j. makes detox easier because the vitamin C scavenges the free radicals you put there by inhaling something on fire with chemicals a lot.

According to ehow, cream of tartar also fixes urinary tract infections and heartburn. Also, it’s made from wine crust and is a vital ingredient in Play-Doh. It stabilizes and creamy-fies eggs and sugar in the world of culinary tricks. It cleans brass and copper cookware and metal coins, and can be combined with vinegar to super-clean stovetops and crusty pans. Cream of tartar is what you add to baking soda to make baking powder. FOOD SCIENCE!
I suppose you could even do the remedy and keep smoking, and clean as you go, as it were. But nobody in the litigious “real” world will tell you that part. If you drink cream of tartar and orange juice as part of your quitting-smoking regimen, and you’re mindful and contemplative about the nature of your cigarette habit and how it promises to provide you false comfort and spiritual transformation in some way but never comes through … then you smoke fewer cigarettes, because there’s less of a nicotine reservoir in your body that needs to be refilled, and you detox your body chemistry down to where you can quit all the way, cold turkey if you like, without getting totally stabby.

vsummer1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2012
California
I would take that pH stuff with a HUGE bit of skepticism. Our bodies keep the delicate balance of pH through our lungs and kidneys so taking this stuff does NOT do as "Some say the chemical change resulting in the pH of your body causes it to fight off bacteria better."

If you have a chemical change resulting in the pH of your body being out of whack, you die if your body cannot correct the imbalance. I know this, I worked for years in the ICU monitoring pH in ABG's. It is just a FACT of life. So fighting off bacteria will be the LAST of your worries if you pH is changed!

ShogaNinja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2012
Ohio
www.youtube.com
What is "Life Cover"? Health insurance?

A lot of places test for nicotine because they don't want to insure smokers. The thing that sucks about that is that vapers like us pay the price for ignorance.

Al1ce, I hope it's okay with you but I used this post on my blog.

Last edited:

synthros

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 5, 2009
Spring Hill,Tn
So would they treat you as a smoker even if you had quit and were using NRT's? I was not aware of that, if that is the case. They would treat you as a smoker until you had also stopped any usage of patches,lozenges,gums etc...?

A lot of places test for nicotine because they don't want to insure smokers. The thing that sucks about that is that vapers like us pay the price for ignorance.

ShogaNinja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2012
Ohio
www.youtube.com
So would they treat you as a smoker even if you had quit and were using NRT's? I was not aware of that, if that is the case. They would treat you as a smoker until you had also stopped any usage of patches,lozenges,gums etc...?

Yes, you are one and the same as a smoker in their eyes. I have some friends who work at a doctor's office and they had to quit smoking right away or get fired. Many places are doing this now, especially in the health care industry.

SmokinBones

Moved On
Aug 18, 2012
Ohio
That doesn't even seem right! Testing for nicotine to decide whether you're coverable or not?! It costs a fortune for life insurance already and then they're going to descriminate against people with nicotine in their system? WOW!! No end to corporate greed! I can understand they would want more from smokers because of the added risk but there are just too many other ways for people to ingest nicotine now days that this kind of thing hardly seems ethical.

Reminds me of a story I read where a cop lost his job because he failed a drug test that showed he had opiates in his body. He claimed that he had just eaten 4 poppy seed muffins that morning and that was the only possible explanation. The chief didn't believe him...at first. Once the chief did a little experiment by having other officers eat 4 muffins and then testing them he quickly re-hired the terminated officer. Guess he was scared of a lawsuit...which the fired cop would have won!

Pappy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2012
Dallas, Tx
Reminds me of a story I read where a cop lost his job because he failed a drug test that showed he had opiates in his body. He claimed that he had just eaten 4 poppy seed muffins that morning and that was the only possible explanation. The chief didn't believe him...at first. Once the chief did a little experiment by having other officers eat 4 muffins and then testing them he quickly re-hired the terminated officer. Guess he was scared of a lawsuit...which the fired cop would have won!

Wow, who eats 4 muffins at one sitting?!?!

This insurance / nicotine thing is nutty. So, here I am, a healthy fit guy. 5'10", 165 pounds, I don't smoke, I run and lift weights several times a week, eat healthy, don't have indiscriminate unprotected s-e-x, rarely drink alcohol, don't sky dive, etc.

But because I have nicotine in my system from vaping, I pay a higher premium than some fat slob that never works out, does wheelies on his crotch rocket on the freeway, and eats 4 muffins for breakfast every morning.

So there ya' go.

synthros

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 5, 2009
Spring Hill,Tn
I know where I work there are different insurance rates for "tobacco-users", and non-users. Anyone who has not "used tobacco" for 6 months is considered a non-user. I fully intend to change my status and save the premiums when I hit the six month mark. There is no "test", you simply affirm. I don't think it can be argued that I am using tobacco? It does not ask if I am using nicotine.

ShogaNinja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2012
Ohio
www.youtube.com
Technically all nicotine that we vape comes from tobacco. It'd be like saying you didn't eat the cupcakes but you ate the frosting off of them :)

I wasn't saying that the insurance company won't insure you, they will - for more money! I was saying that companies won't even HIRE you because it is likely that if you smoke you will cost them more money with sick days, etc... So being able to pass a nicotine test can be a life changer.

al1ce

Aug 23, 2012
uk

Hi, Sure its no problem at all, just thought it may be interesting to discuss, i seen this on the this morning show some time ago, and it made me look into further and try it myself, anything to help rid of the nicotine in my body, i did find during the night i became quite clammy, maybe its a side effect from the cream of tartar.

Also i found an old post on here about a guy whos life insurance had an upcomming test, mouth swab i think, and he wanted to know how he can come up negative on his test, people suggested not vaping for about 10 days, but he was concerned it would still be in his system, so i remebered the cream of tartar that may of helped him also, there are lots of information about this if its googled.

Last edited:

Quasi

Aug 6, 2012
Los Angeles, CA
These are two interesting topics. The first is the potential benefits (and, if any, detriments) of accelerating the removal of nicotine from the system by consuming cream of tarter or some other method. The second is the treatment of vapers as oppossed to smokers for employment, health insurance, life insurance, etc.

As to the first, has anyone read any studies corroborating the cream of tartar effect? Or something else does the same? Curious to hear what the impact of removing nicotine on an accelerated basis really does to the body.

For the second, obviously this seems ridiculous particularly when you consider some of the studies that show the beneficial impact in Sweden of conversion to snus on health outcomes. I realize the evidence on health outcomes for vapers is a work in progress but this isn't rocket science.

Also, given the scrutiny this community faces from various opposing forces, I'm confidant that no one here is advocating actions other those that contribute to a better lifestyle and vaping experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread