Ego Twist Setup - moving from 510

Status
Not open for further replies.

OTB

Sep 15, 2010
California
Hello...again. I took the plunge a couple of years ago to try vaping in hops of quitting my 1-2 pack/day habbit. Based upon advice from this great forum I puchased the 510 manual. Although it was something to use every once in a while or in an airplane bathroom on long flights, it never really took the place my 20 year habbit.

I am not in search of a better solution and in reading a lot of threads I think I have decided to go to an ego twist but the terminology and options are starting to make my head hurt.

With the 510 you had the battery, atomizer, and refillable cartridge...that is it.

It seems that the ego twist is just the batter? then you need a clearomizer and tank??? I have read about the vivi nova being a good option but is that both (what I would think of as the atomozer and cartridge on the 510) A

Any recommended setups would be appreciated.

I was also looking at just getting a starter kit, but am not sure of the charger for the 510 battery would work.

AND...I see ego twist in 650 and 1000, is there a size difference. And is the twist c the same as the ego C?

So confused.

TheSenator

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2012
Houston, Texas
Ego C Twist is just the battery part. It differs from the other ego batteries in that it is variable voltage.
These batteries are a bit bigger than the other Ego batteries, but performs a useful function.
There are many pictures in the thread below to see the differences in size:
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...-interested-showing-off-thier-ego-setups.html

I started with the Ego-C atomizer and cartos and never got good flavor from them. I moved to the V3 (CE4) Stardust Clearomizers and the Vivi Nova, and they blow the cartos and cartridges away IMO. Your mileage may vary.

It is very daunting now with all the new products and tech, but I read read and read and read and read, until I finally got a grasp on all this stuff. Glad I did though...

bomohgetek

Aug 7, 2012
melaka
thanks for the reply. So would I be able to re-use my 510 charger?

Would I be all set if I picked up an Ego Twist 650 and 1000 battery, and a vivi nova and charger if needed? Would that give me the complete setup?

Yes complete setup, what you must add is eliquid, better buy 2 set vivid nova as backup

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

alphanumeric

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2011
Orange County
Your original charger may not work with the twist battery.

The vivi nova takes a bit of work to get it set up properly but if you are willing to take the time to learn, it could be great.

You could also try cartomizers. You can buy blank ones and fill them with liquid. They are basically the cartridge and atomizer in 1 unit.

recidivus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 20, 2012
Canada
www.youtube.com
The Ego is a 510, 510 refers to the threading. I'm not exactly sure what kit you have currently, but if it's a 510 then it SHOULD fit on an ego battery. I am not sure if your current charger would work with an Ego battery, and wouldn't recommend it, just to be on the safe side.

The twist is just an Ego with variable voltage, that lets you increase/decrease the voltage from 3.2-4.8v depending on what you are using to deliver vapour. Different components have different resistances. A 3ohm device will not produce a satisfactory vape at 3.2v, though a 1.5ohm will. More volts = more heat (depending on resistance) which increases vapour, flavour, and throat hit. Too much voltage through anything can burn them out, creating a terribly acrid taste that you can never completely get rid of.

The twist is just the battery, you will need something to hold the juice and vapourize it. This is where clearos and such come in. Here is where there's a lot of variety. The main ones being used are:
cartomizers (tube with a filler and a heating coil in the middle, juice is stored in the filler)
atomizers (just the coil, more or less, no liquid storage on its own, but you can drip juice directly on them for a few very large puffs)
clearomizers (a tank with wicks that draw liquid onto a coil, one unit)
carto-tanks (literally a tank that has cartomizer with a hole punched in the side that is inserted through the middle, liquid is kept in tank and wicks through the hole into the filler and onto the coil).

There is a definite size difference between a 650, 1000, and the twist variants (twist being larger to accommodate the extra circuitry). The larger capacity = a larger battery.

The Twist C is the same as an Ego-C with the addition of having variable voltage.

I can't recommend any specific kits since my experience with them is quite limited. I personally bought an ego-C 650 kit, it included 2 batteries, a charger, 5 atomizers, and 5 cartridges, plus the parts to connect them together. For ease of use you may want to look into cartomizers or clearomizers. In my experience they tend to be the least finicky, don't leak easily, and are relatively easy to refill. Cartomizers tend to last ~a week, while clearos can last upward of a month. Regardless of what you choose, they all have pros and cons. This is purely subjective depending your own preferences.

What I DO recommend is to at least get an atomizer, cartomizer, and clearomizer to start. It won't cost too much and you'll get a decent idea of what the differences are and what you prefer.

For a visual reference I posted here for someone asking to see what the differences were

Last edited:

Varrius

ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2012
Houston, TX
I just started using a setup like your asking about, so I'll chime in.

To get started all you HAVE to have is:

1. Ego-C Twist (650 or 1000 is fine, depends on preference and battery life desired)
2. Mini Vivi Nova (2 ml) or Vivi Nova (3.5 ml), version 2.5 preferred

That's it. You can vape with that with awesome results, I'm doing it right now. Of course, you'll be fine until the battery runs out so...

Some additional things to consider:

1. Ego sleeve Type B or D for mini vivi nova, Type A or C with larger one. This is purely cosmetic but they don't cost much so IMO it's worth it.
2. Ego charger if you don't have one. I know I read something, somewhere about using a specific charger for the twist so I just ordered the genuine Joytech one that pairs with it to be certain.

That's all ya need. Altsmoke has a great price on the twists (and probably charger too). Gotvapes for the vivi nova and sleeves. Might be able to get it all at once place for a few dollars more, depending on your twist selection (some places are out of stock on certain ones).

booferMD

Aug 24, 2012
Austin, TX
www.meetup.com
Hello...again. I took the plunge a couple of years ago to try vaping in hops of quitting my 1-2 pack/day habbit. Based upon advice from this great forum I puchased the 510 manual. Although it was something to use every once in a while or in an airplane bathroom on long flights, it never really took the place my 20 year habbit.

I am not in search of a better solution and in reading a lot of threads I think I have decided to go to an ego twist but the terminology and options are starting to make my head hurt.

With the 510 you had the battery, atomizer, and refillable cartridge...that is it.

It seems that the ego twist is just the batter? then you need a clearomizer and tank??? I have read about the vivi nova being a good option but is that both (what I would think of as the atomozer and cartridge on the 510) A

Any recommended setups would be appreciated.

I was also looking at just getting a starter kit, but am not sure of the charger for the 510 battery would work.

AND...I see ego twist in 650 and 1000, is there a size difference. And is the twist c the same as the ego C?

So confused.

Hey OTB the eGo-C twist is a great battery. The 650 mAh versus the 1000 mAh is mostly battery life both are 510 threaded and both fit the eGo style atomizers and cartos. As for the Vision ViVi Nova tanks they are not bad but unless you slightly mod the silicon condom you tend to get a slight plastic or rubber taste in my opinion. I personally us Boge Fusion 801 threaded catros with a 510 to 801 adapter due to the added vape I get. I can supply you with some links if you want to show you were you can get some of this stuff. If you are using longer tanks you will want to get the Boge 801 XL cartos but if you are using a Phiniac sized tank you can use the Boge Fusion 801 standard size. Its all personal opinion and what works for you. But I would be happy to offer any advice I can feel free to PM or email but... (I'm not the MOST experience vapor but I am close friends with many highly experienced vapors). Good luck my friend I hope you find what you need or what you are looking for.

OTB

Sep 15, 2010
California
OK...so hear is what I am thinking to get me started. I am looking at an Ego-c 650 starter kit (not sure if I should go with type A or B...any recommendations) it includes:
2x - All NEW eGo-C 5 click on/off switch, Battery Level LED indicator 650mAh Battery!
5x - eGo-C Type A - Atomizer Head
5x - eGo-C Type A - Tank Cartridges - Clear
2x - eGo-C Type A - Atomizer Base
2x - eGo-C Type A - Cone
1x - eGo-C Specific USB Battery Charger (do not use to charge the Yeti/510 Products!)
1x - USB Wall Adapter!

Then I will order
1x Ego C Twist 650 battery - to use once I am familiar with the new system
It looks like this comes with a tank and atomizer...does that mean I should also get a couple cartomizers, and clearomizers to experiment with...and if so, any recommendations? I am looking at altsmoke as my source.

I also have a bunch of different juices from a couple years ago..not sure if they are still good since they have just been in a ziplock sitting on my desk.

joyinlife

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2012
Texas
hi otb, altsmoke is where i got my 2 ego twists, one 650 mah and one 1000mah battery. you can get a Ego usb charger and a wall charger from them as well, if you want to make your own kit. I personally made my own kit. a few ego twist batteries, joyetech Ego usb charger and a wall charger, a then a few clearomizer.(i think they have a coupon code for 10% of firstorder, i cant remember it,or just like there facebook page and get 10%off) then got juice samples from the vapor room ( first order in checkout in the comment box, put flavor,strength, and ratio, like 70/30 or 50/50 pg/vg, then they will give you a Free 15ml bottle for being a new customer)

here is a sample kit for a suggestion Imo :)
http://altsmoke.com/accessories/batteries/ego-c-twist-variable-voltage.html 2batteries

http://altsmoke.com/accessories/charger/ego-usb-battery-charger.html 1 Ego usb charger
http://altsmoke.com/accessories/charger/ego-c-usb-wall-adapter.html 1 wall charger http://altsmoke.com/accessories/clearomizers/vision-clearomizer.html and get some extra coil head 1.8 to 2.4ohms.
then if you find you like clearomizers you can always upgrade to a bigger tank like vivi nova :)

Last edited:

ghostdeini

Aug 4, 2012
CT
Hey OTB, instead of buying the atomizer head, base, and tanks as separate units, consider picking up a Vivi Nova. They're about $13 for a kit, which includes the tank, mouthpiece, and three different atomizers (1.8ohm, 2.4ohm, and 2.8ohm). I bought two kits so I can alternate flavors, although it's really easy to just pour any unused juice back into its original container.

All you ever need to replace on them is the atomizer heads when they finish their lifespan. They're about $2.95 a piece, and all you need is to unscrew the old one and screw the new one on. They hit very smooth and are so much better than my old smoktech cartomizers. If you want to save even more money by going the DIY route, you can rebuild the atomizer heads with some wire and wick.

They're compatible with egos and any other battery with a 510 connection (which is wildly popular).

joyinlife

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2012
Texas
here is the link to the vapor room The Vapor Room.net | Vaporize Nicotine | E Cig Atomizers from what many people say here juice is only good for up to 2 years from the date is was born. there are many other vendors for juices too :) i would start of with a sample kit for juices with any vendor, so that way you can try a few flavors.

Dishevel

Aug 23, 2012
Buena Park, CA
Kits are a waste. Get a battery. I too like the Ego C Twist. bigger the battery the better.
Get a nice addie for dripping a couple of boxes of cartos, a USB charger for the Ego and get rid of your old juice. Juice goes bad.
Find a nice E Cig shop. Most will let you try out flavors. Pick a few. Punched cartos and a tank make for easy vaping without tons of refilling. Add a good addie for dripping and you should be good for a bit.

recidivus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 20, 2012
Canada
www.youtube.com
OCB, that kit does not come with a clearomizer or any cartomizers, no. It is the same kit I started with, those atomizers aren't the best for dripping but they do work in a pinch. Some people swear by the cartridges, some won't.

I am of the opinion that as long as you start with 2 batteries (having one battery and waiting for a charge is no fun) and reasonable supply of deliveries to test out you'll be okay to begin with. Even if you don't LOVE the cartridge/atomizer head it comes with, when push comes to shove you can use them while waiting for the next vapemail.

You can always get bigger batteries, mods, etc later. Everyone has a preference and you will find yours in time. Who knows, maybe you'll find you want a zenesis or one of the more expensive PVs out there, nobody can tell you that but you (and you'll want to at least try some things out before shelling out 200+ on something like that).

You can grab a pack of 5 boge low res (1.5 ohm) cartomizers for a few $ just about anywhere. Same with a clearomizer, few $ for a single one, but you'll get more life out of them. They keep coming out with new ones, but what I've used are called Vision V3s (stardust).

Forgot to say, that juice, ditch it. They tend to have a 2 year shelf life.

Last edited:

joyinlife

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2012
Texas
So does the kit I mentioned above have a clearomizer with it or a cartomizer, or is it just referred to as a tank. Basically if I want to try all the variations what else do I need to order?
the kit ego-c kit, is all seperate it does not have a clearomizer.. clearomizers have everything together, coil head is a atomizer and a cartomizer and wick all together in a tank that screws on to the battery, you just change the coil head when it needs to be replaced.

Varrius

ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2012
Houston, TX
OK...I ordered the Ego C kit, a vivi nova with all three different heads, a vision v3 clearomizer, and some juices....that should get me a start and I can see what I like best. I am sure I will have more questions when the stuff comes. I will add the vision twist battery once I get used to this new setup.

IMO, the twist is really what makes the ego shine. The standard Ego C (which you will have) is fairly low voltage, although maybe that will be your sweet spot, so who knows. I would recommend using either the 2.4 or 1.8 heads with the standard ego. If that still won't give you the heat and vapor production that you'd like, get a twist and you'll be able to really put out some clouds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread